Neil Lennon

Hoopy427

8 months into Lenny's second spell as manager. Plenty were against his appointment (which I never understood) but how does everyone think he's doing?
I'd say gently keeping the ball rolling to get us over the line for the treble treble was a good bit of management.
The summer transfer business brought in some really exciting players and strengthened the squad.
Our defence of the league and league Cup are going well.
He's brought some European pride back with our performances, the only fly in the ointment being the Cluj shambles.
So given all that, the 75% win record, close to O'Neil, better than Mr Stein and the 🐍 has Lenny finally won over the doubters? HH

8 months into Lenny's second spell as manager. Plenty were against his appointment (which I never understood) but how does everyone think he's doing?
I'd say gently keeping the ball rolling to get us over the line for the treble treble was a good bit of management.
The summer transfer business brought in some really exciting players and strengthened the squad.
Our defence of the league and league Cup are going well.
He's brought some European pride back with our performances, the only fly in the ointment being the Cluj shambles.
So given all that, the 75% win record, close to O'Neil, better than Mr Stein and the 🐍 has Lenny finally won over the doubters? HH
Easy Hoopy YES NFL right man in the job.
and right man for the job.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

As I posted at the time, I always thought Lenny would get the job but was a bit wary due to his tactics, team selections and in-game management/substitutions. He explained later he didn't want to deviate too much from Rodgers style in mid-season which made sense, and was very successful for us.

I do think that Lawwell was negligent though by boasting that he never considered anyone else for the position. That is one of his most important decisions and he should have reviewed all possibilities before deciding on Lenny.

I am delighted so far with the style of football and most of the results. OK, we made an arse of the 2nd half at home against Cluj which we've discussed in depth. Hibs was a dodgy result but no doubt we were denied stonewall penalties that would have deservedly won us the game. Livi was a bad result due to a number of factors including Lenny mistakes.

Mostly though we have played brilliantly and Lenny was brave and clever against Lazio to win that game - too often recently we'd shuffle off with a defeat after these types of European games.

Overall, I am very happy with Lennon who has matured and improved as a manager. Let's hope he continues to improve and can break through several of these exciting youngsters to set us up for a brilliant future.

I do think that Lawwell was negligent though by boasting that he never considered anyone else for the position. That is one of his most important decisions and he should have reviewed all possibilities before deciding on Lenny.
I'm sure they were open to applications mate, maybe they didn't get the right ones but I'm sure they listened, otherwise they would have given Lenny the gig full time straight away.

Was happy with his appointment , continuity was important for us and more so this year going for the 9 , trading in the transfer market was important as it would tell us all if he was backed and if it showed the club still had ambition

Happy with the football were playing had a few early blips but the players are settled now but with wasteful internationals and 2 games a week we have little down time to work on the team tactics

Thank feck we didn't get Moyes

I'm sure they were open to applications mate, maybe they didn't get the right ones but I'm sure they listened, otherwise they would have given Lenny the gig full time straight away.
I hope they did, but Lawwell definitely boasted to the media that they never even looked at another candidate's application, which is appallingly bad management if he was telling the truth! As it turns out, Lennon as doing very well so far.

Results are all that really matter in football . Tommy Burns' team played brilliant football at times , but did not get the title - so Tommy had to go !
If Lenny wins 9iar then his appointment will have been successful - that is when you can judge him* .

* .. or if anyone else had got the job in the summer then the same criterion applies !

HH

Back to the original post, I wasn't particularly happy that Lenny got the gig (although I know he would) because I didn't want to look backwards. Some of his decisions at the end of the season had us heid scratchin and he still sometimes makes the odd naive mistake (Calmac as LB) but he has a team together that can win us trophies so all hail NFL, but games like the other week against Livi frighten the bejeezus out me.

Back