Neil Lennon

One of the highest paid CEO's in British fitba you serious? He brings in more than his pay packet look at facts not supposed keek.Have we ever had a better CEO? if so all ears, has the Club ever been in a more rich state, more financial position than it is now and include the lion years in that, Never! Richest club in Scotland by a mile, and through a collective board headed by the best CEO in the business. Think twice before you slate him, have a look about.HH
Galway - yes, Lawwell is one of the highest paid CEOs in British football, so that is indeed a fact!

I have also repeatedly supported him on this forum for his business acumen in helping to bring in revenue to the company, as I happen to know a thing or two about P+Ls and operating a very successful business (at a smaller level than Lawwell admittedly, but also for a tiny fraction of his salary). Mind you, if CEO didn't bring in more money than goes out in his pay packet then there is something seriously wrong. Having said all that his salary has grown exponentially compared to the growth in income Celtic have seen during his tenure.

But if you bothered to actually read the points in my post that you are replying to then do you think that his actions were acceptable? To actually boast that he did not even bother to consider the availability of any other potential candidate for the managerial role shows negligence in my opinion. If you don't want to question the actions (or more correctly the inactions in this case) of our CEO which could have back-fired spectacularly on us then that is your perogative, but I too can tell you to look about and see where that leads to.

Although I too always stated that Lennon would/should get the manager's position, but to have not even considered a Plan B is poor management from PL/the Board.

Happily, Lennon has exceeded my expectations in regards to the wonderful football we are all enjoying at the moment, and with some outstanding potential superstars on the fringes of the first team squad, so Lawwell and the board made the correct appointment.

Members online

Latest posts

Back