New Scottish FM is a Celtic fan

No problem with you having an opinion which I can't even begin to agree with Glasbhoy; but if you seriously believe any of the other parties involved In Scottish politics would do a better job, I'd shake your hand if you could convince me of the fact.
No matter which party holds the purse strings in Edinburgh, by the very definition of devolution, their power to change society through economic activity is severely constrained. I know you've heard it before, but power devolved is power retained.
As for my old party, Labour, it really pains me to say it, but for many of us who are no longer members, they are dead and buried in Scotland.
Starmer is every Tory voters wet dream....not quite the same thing, but better than nothing!
That's my who point. All the parties are useless. Party politics just doesn't work anymore.
Politicians will do what's best for their party not what's best for the country

I think Canada would be a good choice Glasbhoy: I've a nephew living in Burlington: he absolutely loves life there. He also has a very good standard of living. Hope it happens for you, if it's what you and your family want.
Dill is obviously the bhoy to keep you right.
I was in Burlington a few weeks ago, got friends there. Canada is a brilliant country and the standard of living is so much better. The streets are clean , no pot holes on the roads & its a lot safer than here.

That's my who point. All the parties are useless. Party politics just doesn't work anymore.
Too many career politicians I’d make it like jury duty where citizens of sound mind took Their turn to run the country

I dunno I was Aberdeen in December every beggar looked to be Romanian or Gypsy one very well fed looking woman had a sign reading have cancer and children like one was as bad as the other, TBH I thought it was hilarious,shower of chancers ,I know there are folk in genuine need but a lot of them are at it
I would rather give money to someone begging on the street than give to a charity. I'd you give to a charity about 95% of what you give goes to wages etc with a pittance going to help the people who you were giving the for

Too many career politicians I’d make it like jury duty where citizens of sound mind took Their turn to run the country
I think at election every cabinet post should be up for the vote. Each party could be forward their candidate, as well as individuals going for it.
That way the cabinet wouldn't be made up of 1 party and it would force the parties to work together for the betterment of the country

I would rather give money to someone begging on the street than give to a charity. I'd you give to a charity about 95% of what you give goes to wages etc with a pittance going to help the people who you were giving the for
I agree if they seem genuine,the only charities I give anything to are the small ones that I know where the the money goes like the local food bank and the hospice that helped look after my mother on her way out

I agree if they seem genuine,the only charities I give anything to are the small ones that I know where the the money goes like the local food bank and the hospice that helped look after my mother on her way out
100% agree. We have a few direct debits set up for local charities, one being a local hospice. The reason for goin' down that route is that we can be sure in the knowledge that our small donation is being used as we intended. Also has to be said, very few of us are lucky enough to have bottomless pockets.

Last edited:
Think I saw that one at Starbucks online fucking horrific the guy the guy commenting on the film well commentating would be more accurate sounded like he was watching a WWF fight not someone’s life being taken unbelievable and it’s happening all over now so many people seem to think they can do whatever they want and fuck everyone else the human race seems to be loosing its humanity and it’s not a pretty sight
Sometimes, Glasbhoy, we are indeed reduced to voting for the least worst, but for me anyway, vote we must. Beats apathy for sure.

I’d settle for competent qualified people. Imagine the Health Secretary had some experience of medicine or the Prisons minister had a background in a criminal justice or the Environment minister had a degree in Environmental Science. Many politicians have no real life work experience and University Degrees that are rarely relevant to the office they hold.
We need to be a meritocracy.
For the first time I really considered not voting at the next election. One word from Frank changed my mind - apathy.

Thank you "Richybhoy" for those words.
That were a few years back when I were accused of being "that person" who did or not say something. It kept me away for a long time.
Heavily into dog rescue these past few years. One time had 11 now sadly down to 9, few weeks back lost an ex army sable GSD female, wife and I in tears, 'Candee' cremated at a Buddhist temple, her ashes now joined with 'Jasmine' in our garden, Covid, Sterling FX decline had an exodus of folk from Thailand, but, married and settled out in the sticks no thoughts of leaving.
If you can move somewhere warmer your aches fade away, food is cheaper. No council tax, no standing charges on utilities, petrol cheaper etc, etc.
Take care all.
Sorry mate, Thai Tim, Thai Tommy, easy to mix it up…….can you confirm the earth is round? 🤣🤣🤣👍

I’d settle for competent qualified people. Imagine the Health Secretary had some experience of medicine or the Prisons minister had a background in a criminal justice or the Environment minister had a degree in Environmental Science. Many politicians have no real life work experience and University Degrees that are rarely relevant to the office they hold.
For the first time I really considered not voting at the next election. One word from Frank changed my mind - apathy.
I always think that to have the right to moan about any government you must have to vote first. Not using the vote after fighting for the right to have it seems senseless. Maybe some folk are happy to leave it up to the landed gentry to do the voting - I'm not.

They have a loner in the SNP whose the Independence minister well that’s a start 😉

HH 😉

I always think that to have the right to moan about any government you must have to vote first. Not using the vote after fighting for the right to have it seems senseless. Maybe some folk are happy to leave it up to the landed gentry to do the voting - I'm not.
I agree totally Shamrock in fact I will go a bit further and say if you don't like a political party, the only way to change it is to get off your backside and join one of your choice and change it from within.
Your wasting your time complaining about them on a football site.
Politics rules your life so its in your best interest to get involved.
I was a elected union organizer, which involved me attending (left wing) political party meetings, occupational H&S meetings, I was involved in the formation & implementation of the NSW Occupation Health Safety ACT.
I would attend several meeting a week, the more you get involved the more you want to be involved.
My father said if he never got overtime all year he would be asked to work OT the day voting was on in the UK.
In Oz voting is compulsory which Obama praised in his speech last as well as criticise Murdoch vast right wing empire.
The right wing conservatives in Oz try to get compulsory voting changed so that should tell you how important your vote is, if they don't want you to vote.

337533391_808487633978892_4692795713751036530_n.jpg

Sorry mate, Thai Tim, Thai Tommy, easy to mix it up…….can you confirm the earth is round? 🤣🤣🤣👍
Made this example to him when he mentioned water could not bend.
When sailing on Bulk Carriers between the America's and Asia. Using the handrails along the deck as a straight edge when looking at the horizon you could see the curvature of the earth.
So yes, the earth is roundish not flatish in a pancake sense.

I agree totally Shamrock in fact I will go a bit further and say if you don't like a political party, the only way to change it is to get off your backside and join one of your choice and change it from within.
Your wasting your time complaining about them on a football site.
Politics rules your life so its in your best interest to get involved.
I was a elected union organizer, which involved me attending (left wing) political party meetings, occupational H&S meetings, I was involved in the formation & implementation of the NSW Occupation Health Safety ACT.
I would attend several meeting a week, the more you get involved the more you want to be involved.
My father said if he never got overtime all year he would be asked to work OT the day voting was on in the UK.
In Oz voting is compulsory which Obama praised in his speech last as well as criticise Murdoch vast right wing empire.
The right wing conservatives in Oz try to get compulsory voting changed so that should tell you how important your vote is, if they don't want you to vote.
I’m done with the lot of them

Members online

Latest posts

Back