NZ 102 Tonga 0

I did try to bite my tongue SP, and succeed yesterday but this 3 cheers bollox in grass roots football 😂 now come on FFS
I'll admit that here in Canada, it's encouraged that after the game, the two teams gather round and give each other three cheers, then walk past and gives each other a handshake, it's a cultural thing that I found strange at first, but it's good for the kids, to learn that respect is a part of sport
It was ok until we'd play our arch rivals and for ninety minutes it was teeth oot, sleeves rolled up and tear lumps oot each other, a legacy of dislike, built up year after year
Some would shake hands, most would just invite a 'square go' in the parking lot, we would just sit around the field and drink the beer coolers dry
Now that, was the most fun part of the proceedings

HH

Classic example of a "so what you're saying is' hyperbole. That's where you take what I'm saying and extrapolate your own inference. You are totally wrong in everything you wrote about me.
1. It's a book about management with specific reference to the All Blacks -that's all.
2. The book is called Legacy , not create a legacy. I did not give the book its title.
3. In 1978 Munster beat the All Blacks. More than 40 years ago. There. Happy now? So what has that got to do with anything I wrote.
4. Rugby in New Zealand is NOT a public school game and never has been.
5. Lisbon Lions WTF! If I wrote that I'd liked red wine you would then accuse me of hating white wine. You're using a strawman argument.
6. I get up at 2am to watch us play. Don't tell me about being a supporter
7. Irish national sports . More red wine!!!
8 Promote a NZ sporting culture. When did I ever do that? Saying that we give three cheers after a game and eventually learning that it is not done in Scotland is just an interesting observation of a cultural habit difference.
9 Envy - have a look in the mirror. I've never been critical of Irish sport
You have been duly fisked.
To criticize and refute (a published article or argument), especially in point-by-point or line-by-line fashion on a blog. ... To fisk an article or argument.

PS Do not drink and post. It might under mind (sic) your argument or leave it barely in tact (sic)

I've just discovered a Noise rule particularly in the close season when we are on Celtic withdrawal.
If I write that I like Rogic then you would will ask why I do not like Bitton. Whit's wrang wi Barkas? Why do you hate McGregor?
That's the level of your argument pal. Argue with what I write by all means but not about what you infer. I take it you do know the difference between infer and imply.
"You are totally wrong in everything you wrote about me" :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :rolleyes:
Eh...he called you a prick...

Ain't life grand on the weekend ;-)

Doctor F

I'm certainly not in the position to offer an expert opinion on most things. There is a box of rocks in my back garden that outsmarts me at every move and leaves me in a state of permanent confusion; however - you have to admit, you can be a bit egocentric and a smidgen pleased with your own intelligence at times.

There's nothing wrong with having a high opinion of yourself - I happen to be the sexiest man in Scotland and I think it's important that I let the ladies of the nation sample my pheromones and sultry sensuality. I'll not lie, it can be a burden sometimes, but like yourself - I feel it's in the best interests of everyone to sample our gifts and talents and experience our respective attributes.

I have a habit of reading what I want to read, hearing what I want to hear, and seeing what I want to see. I change the context of dialogue to suit my wants and I think those are traits that many of us share.

I have no issue with rugby. I have no issue with the All Blacks. I quite like New Zealand and I genuinely admire their progressive attitude in most walks of life. I like Jacinda, Flight of the Conchords, Aldous Harding, Neighbours at War and the Haka. Having read (really read) the original post, I appreciate that I may have deliberately misconstrued the point to force my own narrative, but that's part of the fun of these sites really..........isn't it?

I also accept that New Zealand has likely been far kinder to you than Scotland ever would be. That appears to be a theme for many of the lads who have made their lives in other territories. Dil appears to have fully embraced Canada, Docco and Vigo in Iberia, Andy in Switzerland, Praguebhoy in..........ach, I forget where, and many of the Australian contingent.

I'm genuinely pleased for all of you that you've carved your niche in the world and principally stayed loyal to your heritage.

I do admire you, Doc. You take some dig on this site, but you take it well and dole it back out, so good for you on that score.

You can be a bit pompous at times, but I'm a dick most of the time, so I can't judge you too harshly on that front.

Stay frosty, Doc..........I'm just away to prepare some playdough snacks to munch on while the nights festivities continue.
I got lucky, and stayed here because well, it wisnae Greenock, but I'll defend my hometown to the death, especially from Port punters, of dubious background
And when someone says "I like your accent, how long you been here..."
I tell them and they usually come back with "Wow, and you still have your accent"
I always say "I've never found a better one"

Larry must be wondering who this Murdoch cop is and why he'd be firing into Daphne. 😂 😂 😂
Ooh Shammy...you are awful...but I like you...
Belter, fair made me laugh at 'firing into her'
That's not an expression you hear much out here, except when a bunch of Scottish persons get together and while enjoying a cold beer or six, an attractive member of the opposite sex walks by

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Members online

Latest posts

Back