One case of Covid in NZ and the whole country is put into Level 4 (the max)

I was double vaccinated, ended up with corona anyway and I'm only just getting back to (half) normal almost four months later. Anyway just want to say I'm not anti vax but if people don't want to get vaccinated that's up to them. I don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about what other people choose to do. As for masks - do they really make much difference? Everyone has been wearing masks for years and if they are that effective why does the virus still keep spreading. I think they are more of a "lets be seen to be doing something" measure rather than an actual useful tool in reducing transmission. As always my opinion only and don't take medical advice from a stranger on a forum 🙂

Thing is Cairnsy you don't just get vaccinated to protect yourself, you're protecting others. Vaccinated folk have less chance of catching it and far less chance of passing it on to others who may be at risk. Its like the mask wearing, you're protecting others by doing it not protecting yourself.
A woman near us died earlier this year, in her early 40s no underlying health issues, 2 young kids, we all have to do our bit to prevent tragedies like that
Granted I do wear a mask Wen out and about in shops n shit like that and the women in her early 40's thats a shame she wid have thought she was fine aswell poor woman

I was double vaccinated, ended up with corona anyway and I'm only just getting back to (half) normal almost four months later. Anyway just want to say I'm not anti vax but if people don't want to get vaccinated that's up to them. I don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about what other people choose to do. As for masks - do they really make much difference? Everyone has been wearing masks for years and if they are that effective why does the virus still keep spreading. I think they are more of a "lets be seen to be doing something" measure rather than an actual useful tool in reducing transmission. As always my opinion only and don't take medical advice from a stranger on a forum 🙂
Have to agree we now have the vax nazi's anybody who doesn't conform is cancelled

Can see this spiralling out of control, but hey ho...
3 nurses in my family, they work their arses off
The subject was Covid, not dependency issues, that's a totally different thing
If you walk into an emergency room, unmasked, and shout that you don't think Covid is a big deal, you don't deserve to get treatment, is my opinion, as you are putting others lives at risk, especially when their immune system is compromised
I'm vaccinated and that's ok for me
I go along with whatever measures are put in place to keep me and mine safe

To each their own
Fair enough Dill, as you say each to their own, people harassing medical staff ain't on no matter the issues they have. I was more talking about people who for whatever reason contracted covid and were obviously suffering.

I know only to well what front line workers are going through, I've 2 nurses and 3 community carers in my immediate family alone all vaccinated as am I, my nieces boyfriend is a bit of a conspiracy nut and decided to believe the internet as opposed to trained medical staff, well you can imagine how that turned out for him, idiot.

Still he got medical attention and is getting stronger by the day, I just feel that its better to treat than refusing them.

P. S no danger of our discussion getting out of control mate.

H.H

Fair enough Dill, as you say each to their own, people harassing medical staff ain't on no matter the issues they have. I was more talking about people who for whatever reason contracted covid and were obviously suffering.

I know only to well what front line workers are going through, I've 2 nurses and 3 community carers in my immediate family alone all vaccinated as am I, my nieces boyfriend is a bit of a conspiracy nut and decided to believe the internet as opposed to trained medical staff, well you can imagine how that turned out for him, idiot.

Still he got medical attention and is getting stronger by the day, I just feel that its better to treat than refusing them.

P. S no danger of our discussion getting out of control mate.

H.H
Not acting thick here BUT no one has really explained to me what reason the anti vaxers are against it ?

For the past few months we have been home testing twice a week purely as a precaution. Thankfully we've always been negative......until this morning. My own test is somewhat inconclusive, so I've booked an appointment at Dalry testing centre. If positive it means we have to cancel our holiday to Lanzarote which should be starting this coming Saturday.
Not really feeling confident about the result as I've been a tad under the weather in the past week. Pain in the feckin' posterior.

Not acting thick here BUT no one has really explained to me what reason the anti vaxers are against it ?
1) They don't like being told what to do even if it means protecting others.
2) They say they don't know what's in it even although they won't know what's in any vaccine they've ever had since birth.
3) They say that it was made suspiciously quickly without understanding that the major steps in creating a vaccine had already been in use.
4) They believe that their own immune system can cope with the virus even although they might not be aware they could have an underlying condition.
5) They find all the negative articles to back their own opinions whilst ignoring the advice of W. H. O. and other scientific bodies and can't seem to compute that the more people vaccinated universally, the better it will benefit everyone.

Quite frankly I haven't heard a single excuse that doesn't sound coherent when the figures have proved that the vaccine has cut the amount of deaths and hospitalizations.

Some countries are making the vaccine compulsory which is a great pity and hopefully that doesn't happen here and folk have more sense.

Stay safe everyone. 🍀

Mik for a start please drop the antivaxer label I have had loads of vaccines but Im not having this one as it is still in trials until 2023 it doesn’t stop you from getting or transmitting COVID so it’s almost useless and is already causing heart and blood clot issues in some of those that have had it who knows what the medium and long term issues will be nobody knows especially not the bell end politicians trying to mandate it by the back door also Pfizer is trying to lock up their early trail data for 75 years why would that be,and did you know employees of the Whitehouse member's of the US Congress Pfizer and Moderna employee and UK MPs are all exempt from having to get the jab so the people most enthusiastic about pushing the jab dont have to have it even if they do get it they are not compelled to do so to keep their job and contrary to popular opinion the science is far from settled on this if you care to look away from the MSM there are plenty of reputable doctors and scientists that do not agree with the jab roll out.I have a heart condition hypertrophic cardiomyopathy after the nursing homes were done I was in the first group to be offered the jab and I am not risking getting blood clots or another condition for anyone but even without this I wouldn’t take their experimental jab Now Im not stopping or trying to stop anyone from getting jabbed given the uncertain future outcomes of an experimental jab everyone has a right to make their own choices the only person you get vaccinated for is yourself so I really wish folk would stop with the I’m protecting the vulnerable pish as I said the jab only lessens symptoms for you it doesn’t stop you passing it on and as someone classed as vulnerable I don’t want anyone taking an experimental injection to protect me even if it did which it doesn’t.

I'm not anti vax at all I've never been vaxxed for anything but these vaccines have clear issues I've never been ill with anything other than chickenpox(so far)so I'm not taking something that I feel my immune system can deal with

Mik for a start please drop the antivaxer label I have had loads of vaccines but Im not having this one as it is still in trials until 2023 it doesn’t stop you from getting or transmitting COVID so it’s almost useless and is already causing heart and blood clot issues in some of those that have had it who knows what the medium and long term issues will be nobody knows especially not the bell end politicians trying to mandate it by the back door also Pfizer is trying to lock up their early trail data for 75 years why would that be,and did you know employees of the Whitehouse member's of the US Congress Pfizer and Moderna employee and UK MPs are all exempt from having to get the jab so the people most enthusiastic about pushing the jab dont have to have it even if they do get it they are not compelled to do so to keep their job and contrary to popular opinion the science is far from settled on this if you care to look away from the MSM there are plenty of reputable doctors and scientists that do not agree with the jab roll out.I have a heart condition hypertrophic cardiomyopathy after the nursing homes were done I was in the first group to be offered the jab and I am not risking getting blood clots or another condition for anyone but even without this I wouldn’t take their experimental jab Now Im not stopping or trying to stop anyone from getting jabbed given the uncertain future outcomes of an experimental jab everyone has a right to make their own choices the only person you get vaccinated for is yourself so I really wish folk would stop with the I’m protecting the vulnerable pish as I said the jab only lessens symptoms for you it doesn’t stop you passing it on and as someone classed as vulnerable I don’t want anyone taking an experimental injection to protect me even if it did which it doesn’t.
Infections are up near the levels they were last January but deaths are a tenth of that level, if there's a 90% reduction in death rates I'm struggling to see how it can be called "almost useless" 🤷‍♂️

2) They say they don't know what's in it even although they won't know what's in any vaccine they've ever had since birth.
3) They say that it was made suspiciously quickly without understanding that the major steps in creating a vaccine had already been in use.
4) They believe that their own immune system can cope with the virus even although they might not be aware they could have an underlying condition.
5) They find all the negative articles to back their own opinions whilst ignoring the advice of W. H. O. and other scientific bodies and can't seem to compute that the more people vaccinated universally, the better it will benefit everyone.

Quite frankly I haven't heard a single excuse that doesn't sound coherent when the figures have proved that the vaccine has cut the amount of deaths and hospitalizations.

Some countries are making the vaccine compulsory which is a great pity and hopefully that doesn't happen here and folk have more sense.

Stay safe everyone. 🍀
I remember when wearing seat belts in cars became compulsory and there were buggers back then that were dead against it. Thankfully there was no Internet for their daft theories to grow arms and legs back then but they usually went along the lines of "I've no been killed in a car crash yet so I don't need a seat belt" or "if you have a crash the seat belt will hurt your shoulder " Aye that's a far scarier prospect than your empty heid going through the windscreen!! It all sounds quite familiar 🙄

I'm not anti vax at all I've never been vaxxed for anything but these vaccines have clear issues I've never been ill with anything other than chickenpox(so far)so I'm not taking something that I feel my immune system can deal with

Did you not get your polio and BCG when you were wee??

Imo, more is known about SARS vaccines than the previous 2 I mentioned as they have been working on them in some guise since the 60's

See the protecting the vulnerable bit people who are vaxxed are gonny be passing it onto they're elderly loved ones unintentionally because they think they're fine so how many people have died because family members thought they were covered thats pretty scary thinking ur ok then it's u that gives ur granny it

Stay safe everyone. 🍀
You forgot about the infused microchip in the vaccine so bill gates and the government can track your every movement 🤣

Did you not get your polio and BCG when you were wee??

Imo, more is known about SARS vaccines than the previous 2 I mentioned as they have been working on them in some guise since the 60's
No mate nothing my mum whos now 60 her and her siblings were never vaxxed and never got unwell so she never got me and my bro vaxxed and we have never been not well but all my cousins who were vaxxed thru the years were always Snottery nosed weans always not well and the bcg at school the skin test before hand I only got that then told I didnt need bcg got no memory of why exactly just remember getting the skin test twice and the nurse saying oh we will get back to u but overall there's been no major illnesses In mums family so take out that wit u will

Back