Our Goalkeeper jersey colour.

Your bhoys are good. I'll be back in my home town travelling back doon the waater soon. .but the easter hoose is not far away from where I stay either...none of this makes any sense ..but neither does the last two comments so I thought I would join in ...goodnight all 😀

When teachers at school kept telling me I must try harder were they being ironic? 🤔

Last edited:
When teachers at school kept telling me I must try harder were they being ironic? 🤔
No the teachers were unknowing. Same as here in New Zealand.
eg. 'Class I want you all to try to draw a big circle then try to colour it in and try to keep the crayon inside the circle'
versus Class I want you all to draw a big circle and colour it in, keeping the crayon inside the circle.

Which one sounds a lot more positive?

I have told my daughters "When your teacher tells you to try, just think. No I'm going to do it. They did it.

The word try is the greatest saboteur in the language. I could not make it any clearer.
Teenage girls can have sex and we soon call them teen mothers. Older women have sex to try to get pregnant and we say that they have fertility problems. Sometimes they give up trying to have a baby and just have sex. They then become pregnant. They were not trying.

The Scottish football team try really hard. They will try to qualify for the Wold Cup and if they get there they will try to win it. Well at least they tried we will say. Triers are losers.

I must admit that I dont like the purple(ly) coloured goalies top we have now. It shouldn't matter I'd agree but it seems to me so un- Celtic like you couldnt get a more un Celtic colour if you tried . That said Connor Hazard in his Celtic ( super -hero) coloured strip turned a losing situation into a winning one in minutes with his 2 saves at hampden to beat hearts ( pardon the pun). How much of that was down to his ability, the opposition PK nerves and the colour of his goalies strip though? I'd Hazard a guess ( pun intended) that only 10 % was down to the colour and at least 40% down to hearts PK takers bottling it and half of it his ability as a goalie. That may be harsh on young Conners ability but I do agree that Celtic goalie kits should be yellow but purple stands out as well. Black ? No definitely not , I'd feel confident myself if the goalie was wearing black as like you say it leaves areas around him looking larger than they are. Especially to a top player like myself ( at fifa)

I must admit that I dont like the purple(ly) coloured goalies top we have now. It shouldn't matter I'd agree but it seems to me so un- Celtic like you couldnt get a more un Celtic colour if you tried . That said Connor Hazard in his Celtic ( super -hero) coloured strip turned a losing situation into a winning one in minutes with his 2 saves at hampden to beat hearts ( pardon the pun). How much of that was down to his ability, the opposition PK nerves and the colour of his goalies strip though? I'd Hazard a guess ( pun intended) that only 10 % was down to the colour and at least 40% down to hearts PK takers bottling it and half of it his ability as a goalie. That may be harsh on young Conners ability but I do agree that Celtic goalie kits should be yellow but purple stands out as well. Black ? No definitely not , I'd feel confident myself if the goalie was wearing black as like you say it leaves areas around him looking larger than they are. Especially to a top player like myself ( at fifa)
exactly Winter. It probably only gains a 10% influence but over a season that equates to a lot more points earned. It's harder to think of any other 10% advantage in football that costs absolutely nothing. Hell i'd have a Celtic goalkeeper wear a bright orange top but that might be too much for the colourists among us. I'd settle for an Irish Gold.

eg. 'Class I want you all to try to draw a big circle then try to colour it in and try to keep the crayon inside the circle'
versus Class I want you all to draw a big circle and colour it in, keeping the crayon inside the circle.

I have told my daughters "When your teacher tells you to try, just think. No I'm going to do it. They did it.

The word try is the greatest saboteur in the language. I could not make it any clearer.
Teenage girls can have sex and we soon call them teen mothers. Older women have sex to try to get pregnant and we say that they have fertility problems. Sometimes they give up trying to have a baby and just have sex. They then become pregnant. They were not trying.

The Scottish football team try really hard. They will try to qualify for the Wold Cup and if they get there they will try to win it. Well at least they tried we will say. Triers are losers.
DR PLUM FFS 🙈🙈🙈🙈STFU

Fucking hell....I need to stay off the noise when drink has been taken. I woke up this morning to burn marks on my head, the grill left on, 5 cups of tea on the side and a fucking dead pink cat with a red sock in the washing machine!!! I don't even own a cat, who's fucking cat is in my washing machine!!!!

Fucking hell....I need to stay off the noise when drink has been taken. I woke up this morning to burn marks on my head, the grill left on, 5 cups of tea on the side and a fucking dead pink cat with a red sock in the washing machine!!! I don't even own a cat, who's fucking cat is in my washing machine!!!!
Was gony ask if you were on the bevy last night but i thought maybe buzzing from the imminent arrival of Edward Howe 🤣

All joking aside, I agree with you on this. I use this coaching children Gaelic football. Don't try it, do it. The word try is a get out of jail card. "At least I tried".
As for the colour thing, I know boxers have used different colour shorts to try to psyche out their opponent. Lennox Lewis wore white shorts one time and he said afterwards that it was the colour gladiators wore goin into battle.
On a sadder note lubo, I'm sorry to hear about your cat.....

All joking aside, I agree with you on this. I use this coaching children Gaelic football. Don't try it, do it. The word try is a get out of jail card. "At least I tried".
As for the colour thing, I know boxers have used different colour shorts to try to psyche out their opponent. Lennox Lewis wore white shorts one time and he said afterwards that it was the colour gladiators wore goin into battle.

Don't worry about it...its not my cat 🤣🤣🤣

To be fair to the doc and all joking aside, since his previous lecture on the word try I actually stopped using it when it came to my wee girls dancing...so instead of try your best I said do your best. She actually shot to the top of her class and is flying at the moment. Obviously it may be just down to the fact she is naturally improving at her own pace and has just got better......but you never know!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back