Our Goalkeeper jersey colour.

To be fair to the doc and all joking aside, since his previous lecture on the word try I actually stopped using it when it came to my wee girls dancing...so instead of try your best I said do your best. She actually shot to the top of her class and is flying at the moment. Obviously it may be just down to the fact she is naturally improving at her own pace and has just got better......but you never know!!
Probably down to the colour of their leotards Lubo! 😹

Does the colour of his jersey matter? Let me explain how it does. Research shows that if you show ice hockey goalkeeps in a goal then 80% are looking at the goalkeeper. This is known because the participants in the Swedish study were asked to wear special glasses that showed up on a screen where the player was looking. 20% however were looking at the four small spaces around the goalkeeper. These players turned out to be the top goalscorers! They were hitting at the puck at the spaces around the keeper. This annoyed one goalkeep so much that he turned up for the next day study wearing a shocking pink top and lo and behold virtually all of the players were now looking at him and subconciously aiming for him. These findings have been applied to Swedish football by Lars-Eric Unestahl and his research team For me the only acceptable colour of top for a Celtic goalkeeper should be fluoro yellow, bright pink or an archery target. I cringe whenever I see a Celtic goalkeepers decked out in grey and black. I know that someone will point out a top keeper renowed for wearing all black but I contend that they would have saved even more if they were wearing distinctive coloured tops. We will never know.
Bruce Grobelaar once faced a penalty shootout and was spaghetti legged and flailing his arms around. He made himself noticeable and it was astonishing how many penalties were fired directly at his chest. Basic psychology.
I was only ever once required to face a penalty after our keeper was sent off for a foul in the penalty box. Admittedly it was Masters level football and I was 50. As the penalty taker went to take the kick I roared "To me, THANK YOU" and the ball went straight into my arms. I made myself noticeable and crucially roared Thank You!
We only say that after the deed has been done or will be done.
Ask yourself how many times you were playing golf and thought I must miss the bunker, the stream or the out of bounds and then put the ball exactly where you did not want it to go. The ball goes where the mind is.
Finally do NOT think about a Pink Elephant covered in Blue Spots, Do Not think about The Eiffel Tower, Do NOT think about the stretchy cheese on a pizza, and do not think about the shape of Australia.
Good reserch,on the same line there was a train of thought to paint the away dressing room in cold coulars i/e blue violet etc also team shirts in wasp yellow as a aggressive coular to put teams off don’t know how many teams have done this but bet there is a few

Good reserch,on the same line there was a train of thought to paint the away dressing room in cold coulars i/e blue violet etc also team shirts in wasp yellow as a aggressive coular to put teams off don’t know how many teams have done this but bet there is a few

We should block the away team dressing room toilets. Turn the heating up full blast drop the water pressure in the showers and put raw fish in the ventilation.....and also what you said 😁😁

Kilkenny hurling team. The Jersey is worth a few points in every match.

To be fair to the doc and all joking aside, since his previous lecture on the word try I actually stopped using it when it came to my wee girls dancing...so instead of try your best I said do your best. She actually shot to the top of her class and is flying at the moment. Obviously it may be just down to the fact she is naturally improving at her own pace and has just got better......but you never know!!
Yes lubo it definitely works. I use it all the time. There's an old saying in coaching "loose words are like a loose cannon". You have to be very careful how you phrase things, especially with children. My niece is a tkd European gold medallist. The day she fought in the final, after one round she's was struggling and she said to me between rounds "I'm trying my best". I just told her she was hiding behind "trying". I said to her "no more trying. Just go and do it". She went on to win comfortably. Wording in coaching is very important.
On a side note what was your cat stew like?

I've learned much from the learned one, so tonight I'm getting pished, no trying, all out, set my goal, failure is not an option. I'm wearing a dark hoodie, so little chance of being asked to be a goalkeeper which would derail my quest and most cunningly I've hidden the cats incase they end up in the washing machine/oven.

Bring it on!

I've learned much from the learned one, so tonight I'm getting pished, no trying, all out, set my goal, failure is not an option. I'm wearing a dark hoodie, so little chance of being asked to be a goalkeeper which would derail my quest and most cunningly I've hidden the cats incase they end up in the washing machine/oven.

Bring it on!
Take it youre off tomorrow?

Whit !!? you`re glueing airfix models? that`s boredom for you.
That's what I'd be doing if I was sensible mate, this one is a scale model of a ww1 biplane in oak and mahogany, still a good chance it'll end up in the back of the fire! 😹

Members online

Latest posts

Back