Peter Lawwell

So while I agree with what you say SP, the latter part is exactly what his job is, I even googled it and it came up with this...

What does a Chief Executive Officer do? The CEO oversees the overall direction of an organisation. They are responsible for developing and implementing strategies and policies to ensure that the organisation will meet the goals determined by the board of directors.....

So I think the main objective of our Board is to turn a profit. Ok so winning will go a long way to achieving that but profit is king to that lot.
And it's McKay job to ensure we do. As it was with PL.
True but he hasn't been doing that. Our share price is the highest when we are playing group stage champions league football. Turnover is also up by at least £20m during champions league group stage football.
So not having the team prepared with signings in place is a hamstrunging the manager and reducing the opportunity for profit for the club and dividend payments for shareholders.
So this had been a failed policy by the outgoing CEO. To make up for this failed policy he then sells a first team star and replaces them with project players to offset the difference.
Hopefully McKay will have a different policy to this.

True but he hasn't been doing that. Our share price is the highest when we are playing group stage champions league football. Turnover is also up by at least £20m during champions league group stage football.
So not having the team prepared with signings in place is a hamstrunging the manager and reducing the opportunity for profit for the club and dividend payments for shareholders.
So this had been a failed policy by the outgoing CEO. To make up for this failed policy he then sells a first team star and replaces them with project players to offset the difference.
Hopefully McKay will have a different policy to this.
"..will meet the goals determined by the board of directors....."
Think about that for a second. The BOARD give him their objectives. Obviously CL qualification is a huge boost. But I think it's the board who have been short-sighted, the CEO carries out their wishes.
Let's hope McKay can make them see short term profit will not ensure long term gain.

Lessons have to be learned.....Res 12 and the 5 way stitch up more than done for Peter Lawwell.....being complicit in ensuring the Hun survival comes at a cost.....Peter Lawwell was thrown under a bus as a consequence.....and rightly so.....but others should be joining him...

The Board needs a real look at - clear out those who have been sitting there ineffective for so long and keep the future thinkers - McKay should be able to spot those. Peter Lawell was probably the best of the current board in terms of stature and (generally) decision making. The Board all are culpable not just for last year but for our decline in Europe. That is our market for reputation and business - not the tinpot SPL. The Chair should certainly go. Buck stops there.

I get your frustrations troops but with being on the ECA he will just be a board member in name only I don't think that he's still pulling the strings dom mckay is a serious guy he's not gonny take up this new role just to be a lame duck CEO imo this ECA thing gives us bit of pull surely it makes sense to let this 2 year run its course will no doubt be changes thruout football in the coming years let him play his part in the European sense while Dom runs the show day to day

PL still there?
Well that tells us who has been doing the transfers and who will bring in the new players. 1 pence over and we’ll not be getting the players we’re interested in. God knows how long it’ll take to sign anyone. 😡
So u think dom mckay with the reputation he has is gonny just take this job on while PL is really pulling the strings in the background???

dungloe67 said:

PL still there?
Well that tells us who has been doing the transfers and who will bring in the new players. 1 pence over and we’ll not be getting the players we’re interested in. God knows how long it’ll take to sign anyone.

So u think dom mckay with the reputation he has is gonny just take this job on while PL is really pulling the strings in the background???
1625155827664.png

Terminated

I'm not concerned about the ECA role. His presence on it to date, has done nothing for us.

It is probably more of a back slapping, talking shop. Should suit his inflated ego perfectly.

So for me, its just a case of same, same.

But keeping him on it, may be a precursor to a future Chairman's role.

Good riddance to him, in a decision making, and influencing role for now.

An untrustworthy, Janus faced, controlling, parsimonious, self serving, self promoting, overpaid ego maniac.

European football is full of chancers with this skillset.

He should fit in nicely. Have fun Peter.

Lennon’s saying that all Lawwell wanted was the best for Celtic. 😡
Well if he had spent another £500,000 or £250,000 on some top players, things could have been different.
Aye shoulda bought some top players for 1/2 million

And for an extra couple a ginger bottles we could got the wage bill sorted

Members online

Latest posts

Back