Peter Lawwell

We still have to give them an opportunity POD.
We now know that the appointment of Ange is the work of Dom, so already made a huge call, and none of us know yet weather its a good or bad decision yet.
I have no problem at all with Mc Kay and Ange, John. But I wouldn't trust Lawell one little bit. That is why, I would prefer them to be their own men totally from the start. No reliance on him at all.
I wouldn't even let him park his car in the car park. And if he did, all four tyres should be clamped immediately. 👍

If Lawell's contacts are of the same general ability as Lawell himself, i.e. useless. Then Mc Kay is in for one rough ride and will be taken to the cleaners.
IF is a very big word when it involves Celtic these days POD but having had a wee listen to McKay/Ange I was quite impressed with how he conducted himself and his vision if somewhat limited in its expression. He looks well up for the job and buzzing at the prospect I think we are in good hands with him and his record for scottish rugby is also impressive. I was thinking earlier have we just appointed the most experienced manager at Celtic ever? Trying to think of one with more experience than Ange and I cant. Rough ride in store probably but with fans back in even limited numbers I'm still confident we can keep slippy at that 1in9 til he leaves for the mighty crystal palace or the likes HH

IF is a very big word when it involves Celtic these days POD but having had a wee listen to McKay/Ange I was quite impressed with how he conducted himself and his vision if somewhat limited in its expression. He looks well up for the job and buzzing at the prospect I think we are in good hands with him and his record for scottish rugby is also impressive. I was thinking earlier have we just appointed the most experienced manager at Celtic ever? Trying to think of one with more experience than Ange and I cant. Rough ride in store probably but with fans back in even limited numbers I'm still confident we can keep slippy at that 1in9 til he leaves for the mighty crystal palace or the likes HH
There were a lot of fans moaning about the managers we were being linked with and how they had hardly won any trophies. The thing is, most of our managers had won many senior trophies before being appointed for the first time with us. Stein had a cup, Wim 2 Dutch cups, Dr Jo 2 Czech leagues & 1 cup and O'Neil 2 English League Cups. Ange has won more trophies than any of our previous managers (ignoring ones who won trophies for us first time round and then returned later).

As a club we prefer to make managerial legends than bring in ready-made ones.

For me, if he sorts out our defence properly, adds an experienced ball winner with some pace in midfield and a half decent striker, I am quietly confident, Winter. He and Mc Kay have my full support. 👍

I like the way ange comes across. I think we may of found a gen there.
McKay, for me, me comes across as not trust worthy, kind of sleek it. Don't know , just something about him

He could continue in that role as a Celtic ambassador I was just reading but not sure of how much truth is in that
I think that the fact that he has a considerable amount of shares in the club, is a fact that most of us tend to ignore. As long as he has no Input to the direction of the club, then it's fine my main concern is that when the agm comes around he will block any attempts to clarify the issues regarding the 5 way agreement. It does seem however that the closed shop that is cfc, will protect PL, from the accusation of incompetence, when it comes to the mismanagement during the banter years. Having posted on various occasions about my belief that PL, did not fulfill his legal requirements to shareholders and his responsibilities to the supporters of the club. I do not want him hung drawn and quartered, I want him to be held accountable for allowing the huns to survive because that was the only business plan he had. The little bit of concern I have at the moment is has dom seen the 5 wa. Is he now complicit to the same degree as PL. If Dom needs to phone PL then sorry he's not ceo material. Having read the 1st presser both seemed to say the right things, but actions speak louder than words. HH

Just to clarify winter, I personally don't believe anyone should not renew ST on the strength of the PL traitor situation at present.
Saying that, if there feelings are so strong about the situation then it is best all round if they didn't.
Why?
Because I hope that celtic Park never is to become a protest area against the board and I fear that this could become the case.
We need our supporters now in a time we haven't witnessed for a very long time, not demonstrators.
I still have concerns about what players we could bring into the club with PL still involved, but we can't make any judgement yet as we haven't seen any still.
No doubt Ange and Dom will be judged upon this issue more so than anyone, as they will no doubt get the backlash if it were to be a disaster.
We know PL has a track record of acting the bollox in this area and has caused us damage as such.
We are all expecting change in most areas within the club, will we get that change with the involvement of PL traitor?
I still remain sceptical
Yes John change as you say is needed, I hope that a new properly structured club can move us forward. I hope PL can resist the urge to play the big man. When it comes to ECA I don't know enough about the organisation to be able to say anything about thier rules /regulations as in regards to members Etc. If PLis still there does he represent Celtic? Does he represent Scottish football. I don't know, the one thing I hope is that he keeps as far away from Celtic Park as possible HH

I like the way ange comes across. I think we may of found a gen there.
McKay, for me, me comes across as not trust worthy, kind of sleek it. Don't know , just something about him
I get what you're saying about McKay though I personally didn't get that vibe from him myself but I have from many others who ooze snake oil from their pores. It was a big day for McKay, his 1st big presser I thought he came across well and appeared excited as he should be. Looked like a man who understood the enormity of the task at hand and is up for that. It was good to hear that the club is in a healthy position but I wouldve been shocked if it wasnt despite the pandemic. He isnt asking for the supporters to buy any confetti fake shares. My 1 concern was the DOF/technical director position. WGS for that role was dismissed out of hand but nothing else on the subject , fact I thought it was closed down pretty quickly and I was slightly disappointed that there was no further discussion about that position. A position we have to put in place. Its 1 presser and one that the fan media and our very own winning captain was in attendance is encouraging , this question wont go away though. We need that position theres no way McKay can fill in there HH

McKay says they’ll maybe bring in a DoF.
MAYBE??
These things should have been in place by now.
No word of head of recruitment.
Nothing about backroom staff.
Ange said yesterday that we need players in some positions as an EMERGENCY.
Celtic Football Club - waken up.

When it comes to ECA I don't know enough about the organisation to be able to say anything about thier rules /regulations as in regards to members Etc. If PLis still there does he represent Celtic? Does he represent Scottish football.
Trying to discover exactly what lawell does at the ECA is not the easiest google search. I found this wee snippet from the scotsman

'The association, which replaced the G14 Group and the European Club Forum in 2008, represents Europe’s 214 clubs and aims to promote their interests.'

Hardly any insight there at all

McKay says they’ll maybe bring in a DoF.
MAYBE??
These things should have been in place by now.
No word of head of recruitment.
Nothing about backroom staff.
Ange said yesterday that we need players in some positions as an EMERGENCY.
Celtic Football Club - waken up.
Maybe could well be McKays first problem with us. Theres no way we supporters are going to accept McKay if he thinks that hes a like for like replacement for lawell. Very early days of course but maybe wont cut it.

I’d rather see Lawwell away completely.
I will let Ange and Dominic get on with their jobs, but with Dominic I’m not wanting a Lawwell 2.
Aye that's not an acceptable scenario for me and I'd bet the same for the rest of us. He has shares in the club and will always be around , just preferably in the shadows.

I get what you're saying about McKay though I personally didn't get that vibe from him myself but I have from many others who ooze snake oil from their pores. It was a big day for McKay, his 1st big presser I thought he came across well and appeared excited as he should be. Looked like a man who understood the enormity of the task at hand and is up for that. It was good to hear that the club is in a healthy position but I wouldve been shocked if it wasnt despite the pandemic. He isnt asking for the supporters to buy any confetti fake shares. My 1 concern was the DOF/technical director position. WGS for that role was dismissed out of hand but nothing else on the subject , fact I thought it was closed down pretty quickly and I was slightly disappointed that there was no further discussion about that position. A position we have to put in place. Its 1 presser and one that the fan media and our very own winning captain was in attendance is encouraging , this question wont go away though. We need that position theres no way McKay can fill in there HH
McKay does corporate speak which people don’t trust as we’ve heard corporate speak for years
But you dint get to be a CEO of any big business without talking the talk
I like him already
Talks complete sense
Not out for headlines either

More media gash

Phil MacGiollaBhain Retweeted

Richard McGinley
@Richiestoke

Police " believe " its edited. Media run woth narrative that its edited. No evidence either way offered. Surely if it was edited the police have the original? Lets see it.
Quote Tweet

fSoUxG6Z_mini.jpg

Murdo Fraser

@murdo_fraser
· 18h
I sincerely hope that ⁦@HumzaYousaf⁩ will now have the good grace to apologise to ⁦@RangersFC⁩ players and staff for his disgraceful slurs against them https://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57610794
6:32 PM · Jun 25

So you wake up and watch on your phone your celebrations with your team mates, you go on twitter and you have been the subject of sectarian signing.

A: You phone the police and show them your footage as do your mates and all at the bash
B: You delete the footage as do all in attendance to your clubs detriment

Buttoned up the back Police Scotland

1624707785964.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back