Picture Gallery

The strange thing is.....Chris Packham who has the same on the autism spectrum....is a judge on the the Bird Photographer of the Year Comp.......has me shortlisted on the final judging .....Strange eh.....:unsure:
Everything happens for a reason mate
Bless the wee man
There's more to life that we don't know, than we do know and surprises us with some of the stuff that happens
What an incredible kid, and no wonder, look who his Granda is...doesn't surprise me mate
Best to You and yours

Keep the photo's coming

HH

This is the entrant for Bird Photograper of the Year......It prob don't mean much to most....To get one Red Kite in a banking pose is top stuff....To get two in sync, and in focus is rare.....This competiton is world wide.....the big wan.......Getting shortlisted for the final judging is 'amazin' for me......Its a confidence thing.......

View attachment 14694
Fantastic Lennono beautiful picture
mon the Lennono

HH 👏👏👏👏

Kelly a mind aboot 4 year ago....I walked up Cairngorm Mountain carrying the heavy camera gear, even stopped halfway fur a smoke break ;) ....I was looking tae get photies of a rare braw burd.....the habitat was tap o mountains......Got to the tap....nothin.....waited four hours and the bird appeared wi a single chick......Amazin...the male looks efter the bairn, whilst the female 'fucks aboot' ..........Natural for a female whose type are declining....
I'm assuming you're talking about the Dotterel lennono. I've only ever seen one. Always watch for them when out on my hillwalking jaunts. Terrific wee birds.

Thanks mate.....It was a wee bit hard gawn at times....I've four grand children and he is the youngest....He is aspergers autism and he chooses a subject...and delves into it bigstyle.....Three month ago it was China....last month it was Moscow.....The two hour drive to where we were going it was Germany!!!!...He was tellings me facts I never knew....Grandad this is the top ten things why I would like to go to Germany.....Then he said them (some in German) ....Wow ....Anyway, when we arrived....He loved it....the quietness, the natural beauty.....Glad I took him....when I dropped him and my daughter off....I knew he had enjoyed it....He said Grandad....can we go back there sometime...... :)
I have a nephew who I’m told is on the high end of the spectrum as far as autism goes. When his mum and dad take them to caravan ‘he’s a different boy’. Not sure if it’s the serenity or nature, possibly taking him out of his usual situation.
But your grandkid will remember those moments as much as you will.

This is the entrant for Bird Photograper of the Year......It prob don't mean much to most....To get one Red Kite in a banking pose is top stuff....To get two in sync, and in focus is rare.....This competiton is world wide.....the big wan.......Getting shortlisted for the final judging is 'amazin' for me......Its a confidence thing.......

View attachment 14694
Thats a peach of a picture mate well done catching that

We have been dealing with a once in a 1000 years heatwave, for past few days
It hit 40 degrees over the weekend so our family, came over to hang out at our place where it was only 37 degrees
We stayed home and had the A/C and fans going all night and it was still 30 degrees in the house overnight
Liliana loved her pool and running through the sprinklers and hosing down the dogs, who appreciated it
A bit cooler today - 27 degrees, and a bit of a breeze, so that's more comfortable

M6vGr0f.jpg
Georgia cuddling Erik .jpg

HFJD8WZ.jpg

Last edited:
Our Georgia came to us as a foster and we'd see how it went
She is from the north and was neglected and possibly mistreated, left to fend for herself, you could see and feel her ribs when we got her, after the family who fostered with a view to adopting her, couldn't handle it, so the rescue contacted me
I picked her up the next day and she jumped right into my truck front passenger seat
We helped her get through her spaying, which took a toll on her, and us...2 cones ripped apart and pain meds for her, plus antibiotics which upset her system
We persevered, and we housetrained her after two weeks with us, to the point she now lets us know she needs out
Kerry taught her sign language, which she picked up quickly and now you don't need verbal commands as she knows what to do and does it, for the most part
Huskies are very headstrong and independent, as anyone who has one knows, so we're all on a learning curve together, even when she jumped into our elevated veggie garden and dug two big holes, trampling over the spuds as she went ;-)
She's fit right in with us, and Liliana loves her as much as she did Beau, who's 'home now; (we picked up his ashes in his custom made, memorial paw print, the other day)
Anyway, here's the latest photos of Georgia relaxing with us, she's brought such love into our lives
She gets along great with our son and daughters dogs, Nikita, a Siberian husky bigger than her, and Liliana's black Lab Charlie
Because of the heat dome that's been hanging around BC this past week I decided to give it the Yul Brynner and it's been a lot cooler with my shaved barnet
Any time spent with my family, is quality time, and the wee yin knows just how much she's loved
She loves the movie Frozen and insisted on wearing here Elsa dress to the park the other day
No shorts and t-shirt..."Papa, I'm wearing my Elsa dress"
That was not a hill I was willing to die on ;-)
Hug your kids, hug your pets, they are what's important

HH

LUznGbM.jpg

uZpr8iO.jpg

zwuKVQi.jpg

4hUbn3i.jpg

QIuFofi.jpg

FUkNQJo.jpg

Last edited:
Well, whatever it is...it'd dead once she gets a hold of it
Made the mistake of taking her in with when I bought some t shirts...everybody loved her and she reciprocated by pulling stuff off racks, shelves, ang generally destroying the world we live in :cool: :rolleyes:
Now she's off terrorising small villages, and all because Kerry's home and it's playtime :rolleyes:
The backyard ball playing beckons
Stay safe...watch out where the huskies go, & don't you eat that yellow snow

Members online

Latest posts

Back