Postecoglou... Yes or No? A Poll.

For or Against this guy?

• For

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Against.

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
from kds

What we might be seeing here is a coup d’etat by Lawwell using his place-men on the board to secure his preferred candidate, big Ange.
Normally I would have thought that if Dermot wanted candidate A then it was a done deal because I thought that the veggies on the board would not want to go against the Irish Raj. However I am now inclined to believe that over the years Lawwell has built up a significant power base of his own. Guys like Allison and him have a long association going back to the days of the Clyde-port authority. Bankier is a nobody that Dermot wouldn’t have recognised before PL suggested him. Others like the Chris MacKay owe their place to PL not DD.
Howe was definitely Dermot’s preferred candidate but burned him badly. This vacuum has allowed Peter to forge ahead. Ange was a name that came from someone inside the MCG, at first I thought it was Harkin but it looks now as if he told Peter to do one after being messed around along with Maresca. That leaves Lawwell junior as main suspect. The CQN article is sadly both predictable and pathetic in equal measure from all involved.
Why Lawwell is going to such lengths is still a mystery. Perhaps he afraid that if if he leaves the scene not only would he lose the money, power and prestige that he currently enjoys but that there might be some awkward questions to answer over things that have gone wrong under his watch like the 5 way agreement!
As Du Wei used to say in the dressing room “ may you live in interesting times!”

Why not ? at least he’s won a few things, think us in Scotland for some reason don’t rate football in Japan or Australia why not Someone tell me is it that piss poor.
Or are we in Scotland far superior let’s be honest we are no the EPL, or even the championship in England thoughts anyone
i wonder if any country outwith us think that our footballs good :unsure:
hmm.... nah its pish, but its oor pish
they'll say the same

from kds

What we might be seeing here is a coup d’etat by Lawwell using his place-men on the board to secure his preferred candidate, big Ange.
Normally I would have thought that if Dermot wanted candidate A then it was a done deal because I thought that the veggies on the board would not want to go against the Irish Raj. However I am now inclined to believe that over the years Lawwell has built up a significant power base of his own. Guys like Allison and him have a long association going back to the days of the Clyde-port authority. Bankier is a nobody that Dermot wouldn’t have recognised before PL suggested him. Others like the Chris MacKay owe their place to PL not DD.
Howe was definitely Dermot’s preferred candidate but burned him badly. This vacuum has allowed Peter to forge ahead. Ange was a name that came from someone inside the MCG, at first I thought it was Harkin but it looks now as if he told Peter to do one after being messed around along with Maresca. That leaves Lawwell junior as main suspect. The CQN article is sadly both predictable and pathetic in equal measure from all involved.
Why Lawwell is going to such lengths is still a mystery. Perhaps he afraid that if if he leaves the scene not only would he lose the money, power and prestige that he currently enjoys but that there might be some awkward questions to answer over things that have gone wrong under his watch like the 5 way agreement!
As Du Wei used to say in the dressing room “ may you live in interesting times!”

To be honest Kelly, i think all of this Lawwell stuff is getting a bit to close to Bermuda triangle stuff its that far fetched.
Lawwells off, he's a very experienced CEO and he's there doing what he does with a shadow CEO learning from him. The idea that there are dark manouvers by PL to win a power struggle are a lot of shite. He's not the fucking Emperor/Darth Vader, an arrogant prick i'll be glad to see the back of yes, but the day he got retired is the day he started getting told what to do and not left to it.
He's used his son at City to get in his mind, some benefit for us. Its another story whether its worked or not. The idea that PL jnr is making decisions is laughable. DD is not our favourite person right now, but we have to give him more credit than that.
He's making the decisions right now and the chances are the only only reason Ange is on our radar is through City's attachment with Yokohama and a recommendation. But thats where DD will have took over and went through his career in detail.
DD's a prick, not to be confused with a MUG

Has to be negative or snack media will not pay him, clickbait opinion pieces are were they are at, this guy will slate Charlie Nicholas etc without realising he is in the same game, negative click bait for reaction and wonga.
it makes more sense now you say that, my dad reads him and sends me artciles but i never get by the first paragrah, my reply is quite often, 'he's not a celtic supporter or he wouldn't be writing like that'
i'm sure he is, but .......

Members online

Latest posts

Back