RB Leipzig v Celtic (kick-off 5.55pm) - All comments here

Gamboa proved why he can't get a game. Ntcham has the touch of an elephant and the passing ability of a clown in clown shoes. Tierney got destroyed. Every time the ball went into the defence it looked like a pinball machine. Morgan looked out of his dept. Scott Sinclair is like a fuckin army jacket, he has an unbelievable ability to blend in with his surroundings and disappear. Calum McGregor is obviously blowing Rodgers, no other explanation for game time week in week out and never substituted.
Apart from all that we weren't that bad!
I blame you for making me optimistic .....I was happy to be pessimistic and expecting fuck all

What the fuck are Spartak? They playing like us in Paris last season! Is the fix in
?? Thank Christ the knuckle draggers are inept

Didn’t expect anything from this game tbh

It really is time for Brendan to start earning his big wage packet... this may not be the most popular statement made on here but I’ll try and explain my thoughts as to why I feel he is falling short...

On our day we can play some scintillating attacking football, moving the ball forwards quickly and scoring some great goals BUT for every one of these games there is two games where it’s the slow sideways back and fore bollocks. We continually get shown up in Europe away games and this is against teams we should be comfortably competing against because we can’t set up properly and make ourselves hard to beat... this is BR’s job and he is failing badly. We turnover 100 million quid yet turn up for these games like minnows expecting to lose and we have totally lost any kind of reputation we once had.

That’s the on field stuff covered, off the park he’s signed countless players and most are nowhere good enough to be first team starters. He has to see that Congerton is a waste of space and get rid... If Pete gives him a decent budget for January will it be spent on quality players capable of being automatic 1st team picks or more dross like Compper & Hendry etc.?

I know I’m disappointed atm but I’m starting to feel that the BR honeymoon is over and he may be an excellent coach but needs to improve as a tactician (especially in Europe) and his future signings need to be of a far better quality
If you are asking it the board are whispering it. I'm not holding my breath for a cash slash. The only defense I can pull from obscurity is that BR may of had targets and the board didn't rubber stamp them. Maybe they didn't and went for backup dross out of need for cover? This has been happening long before BR took the reigns. We went big on Eddie fine. Our max is 4.5m it seems. Again we take bargain basement punts, plenty in the 0-1.5m range. Most competitive European sides 4.5m is a punt. For us it has to be a first pick player.
Any team that sells to us knows we have a foot in the door to the epl as a selling club so we will pay over or don't and an epl club buy the project player for 7m. I don't see us scratching up the shit hill when our best have a 2yr life span. As for Rodgers your right he can't set up a team to defend ...he never could. A good place to start is chucking a bit of cash into a top class defensive coach. Then again they guy will come in and will only be able to pish with the cock he has been given

Last edited:
Well hope I get that 90 minutes back, was not tooo down hearted discovered gamboa is not up to it and fringe players are defo short of game time. The only thing i would say regards Gamboa was he did not have Forrest, and big joso one injury too many for the team he is playing with, we might not always achieve been winners but we are a team who try and want to be winners and we have a fanbase who demand honesty.

Europe just seems to drain our team it's like a graveyard for the defence, the game plan is either no good or the players aren't up to producing the necessary skills to carry it out or maybe it's a bit of both.

Very easy to pick holes in last nights team,two silly goals he did not play well why is he in the team same old Story easy to criticise but they were up against a team on top of thier game we had a makeshift team from a pool of injured men I think you will see a different team on Sunday ,not tunnel vision we were bad at times last night but they kept going and the return match should be interesting hail hail

Very easy to pick holes in last nights team,two silly goals he did not play well why is he in the team same old Story easy to criticise but they were up against a team on top of thier game we had a makeshift team from a pool of injured men I think you will see a different team on Sunday ,not tunnel vision we were bad at times last night but they kept going and the return match should be interesting hail hail

I think that is fair comment and I think we will compete better in the return game in Glasgow. We need to cut out the lapses in concentration, but the result last night was pretty much what we expected given injuries and suspensions.

Keeping the mood light .....How high is a chinaman ?to make it easy How lows his brother?

Last edited:
It’s another Groundhog Day. Dugs in the street know what we needed in the summer. But, true to form when we are on the brink of moving out if sute, that big yellow stripe than rubs through every board members spine, makes us hesitate.

Last night was just another night of the same old shite. Two defensive horror shows. We are good for at least two every away game and sometimes at home.

We have put the title under I neccessary pressure by not standing still, worse than that, we have gone backward. We have lost Armstrong, Moussa and Paddy. We have brought in fuck all. We will lose Boyata for a song, Benkovic will return, Ntcham will be off in the summer too.

January is our Alamo if we don’t get reinforcements. Lawell can go fuck himself. He is the architect of our decline. I still believe we will win the league but Lawell is the mastermind of our decline.

If Celtic do not act in January, then they will have derailed us and betrayed every Celtic fan. They already have once this season. Twice in one year should see clamour for them to fuck off.

We will beat Hearts on Sunday. We must.

Last night it was torture to watch. The were more skillful, pressed harder, and believed they could win the game. I think we need a clearout. Seriously... Even Tierney looked knackered by halftime. but he has for a while. All this and the stream I got was commentated by an English wanker who was incredible irritating. Maybe I was just having a bad day. The memory of it hasn't gotten any better...

Brendan Rodgers: “I wanted the players to play positive football and I thought we tried to do that. The players who haven’t played a lot gave everything tonight .

Two alarming points here - He wanted the players to play positive and he thought they tried.
The players who he normally would not give a game gave every thing.

He sounds like a guy who knows were the real problems lie, they have not been addressed up to now nor will they by the next transfer window, and last night he was either watching an entirely different game than I saw, or his Manchurian Candidate head spiel is no longer cutting it.

Looking over the Celtic accounts a run in the Champions League generated over £30million for Celtic, it equated to just under 30% of their turnover, Peter Lawell is on a scheme called the Long Term Performance Plan whereby he receives a bonus when we reach the group stages, he is due to trouser £2.3 million excluding his £900,000 remuneration, he is the highest earning hombre on the books.

So it makes no sense in him allowing a lack of movement in the transfer market to jeopardise access to the Champions League nor his performance related bonus , unless the out look was that the squad needed major over hauling to achieve this and important players were ear marked for transfer.

Basically , the Dembele transfer will aid and abet his bonus next year, the balance sheet will stay strong with basically very little dealings in the market, and the biscuit tin mentality will prevail as I cannot see Brendan sticking around for this , sorry for the ramble , but you know we will probably turn over Hearts at the weekend , and after a few good home results in the Europa League still be the bridesmaid,and they will hope that is enough to keep us happy, but to quote Hamlet : There is something rotten in Denmark: but we will be forever treated as mushrooms

It wasn't our best performance last night and not our worse either.Celtic can beat that team at home by stopping them flooding the midfield by doing that ourselves.Lets see how they cope cope against a team pushing for every ball.

Members online

Back