RB Leipzig v Celtic (kick-off 5.55pm) - All comments here

Hendry is top shit for 88 then suicidal for what’s left. I would have Simo in without a seconds hesitation over Hendry. He showed playing for Scotland he’s a total liability and still a Dundee level player. Shame for the boy, but he’s shit.
???? ah dunno though it's that hope that kills ye. At least with Dundee Jack yer expectations are zero

Watched this mob a few times last season don't think they're anything special.Their defence looked shite to me .Gutted wee Forrest is out his pace would've caused them problems.

In my opinion the only game we have been outplayed in this season was against RB Salzburg ( 3-1) and , unfortunately , I fear the same tonight .
Unless we adopted a more rigid , 'park-the-bus' approach in away games in Europe we will not get much from these games . But do we want Celtic to play that way ?
The great Jock Stein did this only once ( away against Prague in the second leg of the semi 1967 ) and claimed that he would never do it again .
The truly great teams don't really alter their game much home or away , but then they have the players to do this - we don't .
Is it time that we re-thought our approach away in Europe ?
Personally I want to see Celtic play attacking football - too often , though , we seem to freeze away , or players make stupid mistakes that are not in their character . Don't know why ! Time for a re-think ?

Take it Rogic will be out due to his knee issues? Didn't know about Benkovic! Ffs man. Paper chat is that Kouassi will get the nod over malumbu is it a pace/fitness thing?

I am just going to hope we put up a fight, play some good fitba and don’t look our usual rabbits caught in the headlights.

Getting beaten by better teams is no shame. Shiting it and being too scared to make a ten yard pass is.

Stand up lads and play football. That’s all we can ask.

I read they have spent £225m in the last couple of years, so we will be up against it. I thought that’s what Celtic were all about. Standing up and taking on teams with more power?

Time the players remembered this away in Europe. Fear kills us.

In my opinion the only game we have been outplayed in this season was against RB Salzburg ( 3-1) and , unfortunately , I fear the same tonight .
Unless we adopted a more rigid , 'park-the-bus' approach in away games in Europe we will not get much from these games . But do we want Celtic to play that way ?
The great Jock Stein did this only once ( away against Prague in the second leg of the semi 1967 ) and claimed that he would never do it again .
The truly great teams don't really alter their game much home or away , but then they have the players to do this - we don't .
Is it time that we re-thought our approach away in Europe ?
Personally I want to see Celtic play attacking football - too often , though , we seem to freeze away , or players make stupid mistakes that are not in their character . Don't know why ! Time for a re-think ?

We don't seem to have any capability to 'park the bus' or play attacking football in Europe, atm. That is why I'm very worried about tonight!

Anthony has stated that they may be vulnerable defensively, in which case our best option shall be to attack. When on song, we know what we are capable of.

However, I know Brendan will have done his homework and go about it as he sees fit. I, honestly, don't know if our players have the confidence in themselves that Brendan has.

I'm glad it's an early KO. Agony today so far!

I agree with most saying that a draw would look good for us but Celtic should be aiming higher if we want to make progress. If we don't then I'm sure we all know who to blame for not cutting it in Europe.

I agree with most saying that a draw would look good for us but Celtic should be aiming higher if we want to make progress. If we don't then I'm sure we all know who to blame for not cutting it in Europe.

Getting a draw with our squad not improved against a good German team would be progress for me. I would rip the arm off anybody for a draw.

With Rogic, Broony, Benkovic and Forest all missing then a draw would be a HUGE result

They have pace up front and will be running at Lustig and with either Henry or Simonuvic in for Benkovic, neither have played much recently then I’m not optimistic.

Don’t get humped and no injuries please Celtic as imo Sunday is our biggest game of the season... semi final against the league leaders who beat us last time out and winning that is a MUST

Rumoured team is
Gordon
Gamboa Boyata Simunovic Tierney
Ntcham Kouassi McGregor
Christie Edouard Morgan
Note necessarily that formation but that personnel.
A full strength team would struggle to get anything against them so extremely doubtful that half a team will get anything other than a defeat, probably heavy defeat.
But then the supporter kicks in and you think what if............

Rumoured team is
Gordon
Gamboa Boyata Simunovic Tierney
Ntcham Kouassi McGregor
Christie Edouard Morgan
Note necessarily that formation but that personnel.
A full strength team would struggle to get anything against them so extremely doubtful that half a team will get anything other than a defeat, probably heavy defeat.
But then the supporter kicks in and you think what if............
Well its a chance for the players stepping in to show what they can do ù

All I hope is that none of the team have been on Celtic noise and read any of the comments. Fuck sake where's the positivity? 6-2 to Celtic, four for eddy and Morgan to burst onto the big stage and make a name for himself. Now I don't want to hear any bullshit comments back. No one is gonna burst my bubble! Mon to fuck the hoops!

All I hope is that none of the team have been on Celtic noise and read any of the comments. Fuck sake where's the positivity? 6-2 to Celtic, four for eddy and Morgan to burst onto the big stage and make a name for himself. Now I don't want to hear any bullshit comments back. No one is gonna burst my bubble! Mon to fuck the hoops!
I like your style pal !! HH

Worrying Stat of the day. Out of 15 midfielders on our books, only 7 are available for selection. Out of that 7 I'm not sure about Mulumbu as he seems to have gone awol. Is he with the squad?

Members online

Latest posts

Back