Return of Deila

What sort of bullshit are you spouting? Why is there a large hint of me being a fan who abandoned the team? Show me where your proof of this is? Another, "I'm a bigger Celtic supporter than you". Spare me the shite talk. Just because I don't agree with you. And yes Ronnie was made a scapegoat of by the penny pinching of lawell and co. Neil Lennon knew the writing was on the wall so he fucked off and left Ronnie with a team that thought they were better than they were. Commons stokes mulgrew, all too big for their boots. The tail was trying to wag the dog. Ronnie inherited that mess, so he did ok.
Well don’t make smart arse comments to me about football snobbery likened of followers of the fake English league. I made my opinion that Ronny wasn’t good enough and failed to delevier on what he said he would. Talked the talk but didn’t walk the walk and Celtic regressed and he is partly to blame and that’s my opinion. Your the one making sly digs fella.

Well don’t make smart arse comments to me about football snobbery likened of followers of the fake English league. I made my opinion that Ronny wasn’t good enough and failed to delevier on what he said he would. Talked the talk but didn’t walk the walk and Celtic regressed and he is partly to blame and that’s my opinion. Your the one making sly digs fella.
I'm not making sly digs. Anyone who ridicules Celtic for whatever reason, if I think it is unwarranted I will point it out to them. I listen to the same sort of rhetoric on a daily basis from fellow Irish men supporting English teams for no reason or connection to them. That to me is football snobbery and it sickens me. Ok, you didn't like Ronnie, that's your opinion, but you have to admit he was thrown in at the deep end and did OK.

Fair points mate but who would you choose. For me Congerton is a non entity. As much as i love BR i dont rate many of his signings. His development i cant fault but when it comes to spending money i am a bit suspect. His judgment may be impaired as he brought congerton in. If you trust an idiot who is the fool
Congeeton needs to pull some top quality hidden gems out of his hat for this window or he should be given the boot and someone new should be brought in, don’t believe that man should be Ronny though.

Can't agree with much of that. IMO neil left because he knew he wasn't going to be given funds to overhaul an inferior squad. Deila was brought in as a cheap, in my opinion, successful replacement. Did he set the heather on fire. No but then again who would have under the same conditions.

You quoted a lot of flops. Fair enough but how many were signings and how many loans. A mark of the board not the manager.

Brendan came in overnight and got another mans team playing football. This makes my point in 2 ways. 1 deila has an eye for talent. 2 rodgers is an excellent coach. As for the 'fans' quote really. Are you one of those that thinks if you disagree with BR then you are not a real fan.

If thays the case you were quick to name deila flops. Post the amount they cost and i bet they will come close to kouassi and Hendry combined. BR is an excellent manger but he is not the messiah when it comes to signings
perfect summation D HH

I'm not making sly digs. Anyone who ridicules Celtic for whatever reason, if I think it is unwarranted I will point it out to them. I listen to the same sort of rhetoric on a daily basis from fellow Irish men supporting English teams for no reason or connection to them. That to me is football snobbery and it sickens me. Ok, you didn't like Ronnie, that's your opinion, but you have to admit he was thrown in at the deep end and did OK.
I wouldn’t say thrown, but jumped at his own risk into the deep end. What I will say is he did well to keep the 10iar alive especially with some of the dire football he had the team playing. Likeable guy and at least he walks away with a bit of success in terms of 3 trophy’s,but not successful football that he himself said he would give us.

I wouldn’t say thrown, but jumped at his own risk into the deep end. What I will say is he did well to keep the 10iar alive especially with some of the dire football he had the team playing. Likeable guy and at least he walks away with a bit of success in terms of 3 trophy’s,but not successful football that he himself said he would give us.
A lot of the football played at the beginning was unusual then we really clicked for a while. After that i firmly believe dressing rooms personalities overwhelmed him which took us back the way not the philosphy he tried to install. Was he a first team coach. On thw evidence too much too soon but also did the personalities get the impression he was the cheap option and therefor less worthy if respect.

IMO that why commons didn't last. He won against ronnie but no chance against BR.

For me the fact he id KT so early on and gave hom a chance when izaguirre was established can be compared somewhat to the current lustig Ralston scenario

A lot of the football played at the beginning was unusual then we really clicked for a while. After that i firmly believe dressing rooms personalities overwhelmed him which took us back the way not the philosphy he tried to install. Was he a first team coach. On thw evidence too much too soon but also did the personalities get the impression he was the cheap option and therefor less worthy if respect.

IMO that why commons didn't last. He won against ronnie but no chance against BR.

For me the fact he id KT so early on and gave hom a chance when izaguirre was established can be compared somewhat to the current lustig Ralston scenario
Fair assessment of how the two seasons went for him, I think the players lost belief in him after not qualifying for the CL at the start of his 2nd season. Loved Commons as a player but how he reacted that time when subbed in EL game was disgraceful from an experienced player. Was the wrong decision to sub him I felt, so maybe it was one to many for Commons and him exploding was how many of the players were feeling about his poor coaching and tactics.

Deila also identified and promoted calmac and kt. Bought boyata, christie and simunovic and brought roberts initially. I never claimed he was perfect or had control of the budget or signings merely he could be responsible for initial id and overall scouting. Lee congerton has done nothing and tbh the scouting dept has been severely lacking since the departure of john Park
That's the question I would like answered, why did John Park and other scouts leave a successful team?

Fair assessment of how the two seasons went for him, I think the players lost belief in him after not qualifying for the CL at the start of his 2nd season. Loved Commons as a player but how he reacted that time when subbed in EL game was disgraceful from an experienced player. Was the wrong decision to sub him I felt, so maybe it was one to many for Commons and him exploding was how many of the players were feeling about his poor coaching and tactics.
Fair point. Remember the griffiths strop when BR subbed him. Rodgers immediate reaction and leigh immediate apology the following morning. Thats the difference in managers right there

Also guys ask yourself where did our current relationship with man city come from. Deila signed roberts and Denayer on loan. Boyata for 1.5. Rumour is they were signing odegaard and immediately going to Celtic as they trusted ronnie so much. This is a guy with an eye for young talent and these days it is our business model to sign young, develop and punt for a few quid

Also guys ask yourself where did our current relationship with man city come from. Deila signed roberts and Denayer on loan. Boyata for 1.5. Rumour is they were signing odegaard and immediately going to Celtic as they trusted ronnie so much. This is a guy with an eye for young talent and these days it is our business model to sign young, develop and punt for a few quid
Big PL’s son has a high up postion in Man City’s scouting system. That’s why we seem to get success from the young loanees from Man City as he has the inside track on the best on offer for us.

RD was a number 2, he ended up with the top job by default. Dont forget that gentlemen.
He did a job. Got rid of a few players or at least outed them for not wanting to be 24/7 professionals. Mind i read the team lost a full fat cunt worth of body fat between them. BR came in. Ronnie was probably a cake walk compared but he did a bit of dirty work and I'm sure BRs job was easier as a result. I'm not going to hold a torch for the guy. You can't. He lost the players. BR at least has been able to keep thier ears and keep most of them on it and tuned in. Is RD a bad guy to have in your football set up? No he is a great influence. Can he shoulder it in a big club? No again.
I'd bet my left bollock a few of the lads were bored to death listening to him after the 5th or 6th time when he didn't have a new idea to take the team forward.
I'm not sure what capacity he would be of use. He did a part for me. If there is a new overhaul it can't bring the old back. Youth fine. He won't do that nor should he.

Ronny for me was the most disappointed I have been since John Barnes and about the same level of success. A comic figure. Only just managed to keep things ticking over whilst we waited for a real manager appointment. Sorry guys. There was just nothing about Ronny that inspired confidence in my opinion. The only saving grace was that we were not subjected to Roy Keane as a manager. I would have given up watching football had Keane been appointed.

I thought the title would spark a bit of interest and look forward to being shot down.

In my opinion no one surpasses BR as a man manager and coach, however, his signings haven't exactly set the heather on fire. I also include his signings at Liverpool in this assessment.

Most of the current squad are either deila signings or players brought into the first team by Ronny.

Is it maybe time that we ask him to return as director of football to replace Lee Congerton. I feel like Lee is a man that is stealing a wage and didnt arrive with a great pedigree in the first place.

Ronny could identify targets, identify youth players and leave Rodgers to concentrate solely on the first team knowing there is a man with an eye for talent having his back.

Thoughts
Not to sure that would be RD forte, besides both guys are their own men. However, I do think it's time for a proven goalscorer to be bought(not cheap i know) we have enough "projects" on the go as it is. Surely.

Ronny for me was the most disappointed I have been since John Barnes and about the same level of success. A comic figure. Only just managed to keep things ticking over whilst we waited for a real manager appointment. Sorry guys. There was just nothing about Ronny that inspired confidence in my opinion. The only saving grace was that we were not subjected to Roy Keane as a manager. I would have given up watching football had Keane been appointed.
Sorry, have to disagree. Nobody (well .. Maybe Lou Macari) was as bad as John Barnes. Hell i would take brother Pedro first. Ronnie was never that bad.

Ronnies time here is still fresh in the memory for me. That’s why I’m most likely struggling more than most to remember anything really good under him. I remember just spending heaps of cash traveling to watch the same formation and tactics week in week out. Teams worked it out but he never changed it, evident in how poorly the 2nd season went for him. Like I say he did well to keep the 10iar dream alive with the dire football on display. Nice bloke but just nowhere near good enough.

Ronnie might not have been the greatest manager. However, he had an eye for a player. We could do worse than get him back as head of scouting. He would do a lot better than the current failure.

Deila also identified and promoted calmac and kt. Bought boyata, christie and simunovic and brought roberts initially. I never claimed he was perfect or had control of the budget or signings merely he could be responsible for initial id and overall scouting. Lee congerton has done nothing and tbh the scouting dept has been severely lacking since the departure of john Park

I’m sure RD also identified Dembele

Members online

Latest posts

Back