Saint Michaels Church Parkhead

I have to say a wee bit pressure (at the start then crank it up if getting nowhere) on Celtic will defo get some of the money needed, I don't think the club could say no with the historical links to the east end,
Keep us posted F53 on any feedback you get from Celtic

Is that your parish Frank?

Im in that chapel hall every Monday night.

It is a nice building. I havent been inside the chapel. But i knew they were having problems with the heating.

My friend said it costs something like £150 to heat the chapel for an hour to which another friend scoffed he’s fulla shit. ??

But reckon its true.

HH pal ☘️
Not my parish Maria...I only occasionally visit..started going when the mass for deceased Celtic supporters was said there before a home game not long ago...but have been trying to go to 12.30 mass before our home games.Tom Boyd and his dad and ,brother were there .They represented Celtic and did the readings. Think Celtic should get involved and/or maybe a crowd funding thingy...priest said may have to look at a smaller church.

I have to say a wee bit pressure (at the start then crank it up if getting nowhere) on Celtic will defo get some of the money needed, I don't think the club could say no with the historical links to the east end,
Keep us posted F53 on any feedback you get from Celtic
I will..haven't done anything like this before but it's nothing but a wee bit effort in the scheme of things.

Not my parish Maria...I only occasionally visit..started going when the mass for deceased Celtic supporters was said there before a home game not long ago...but have been trying to go to 12.30 mass before our home games.Tom Boyd and his dad and ,brother were there .They represented Celtic and did the readings. Think Celtic should get involved and/or maybe a crowd funding thingy...priest said may have to look at a smaller church.

Our chapel was in hock too i think iurs started at 180k. But the parish got that paid over 3 years i think.

We don’t want them going smaller.

The chapels and parishes have to take the burden i dont think too much comes from the vatican.

I will pop mines in tonight.

HH pal ☘️

I worked their
From start to finish the
parish had been saving from 1927 to build it.ITs sad to hear this as it will always be in my heart .IWas 19 at the time year was 1967 tricouler was up top of scaffold for 3 weeks till we wear told to bring it down.A time capsille is at the back of big stone at left side of alter if I remember right

I worked their
From start to finish the
parish had been saving from 1927 to build it.ITs sad to hear this as it will always be in my heart .IWas 19 at the time year was 1967 tricouler was up top of scaffold for 3 weeks till we wear told to bring it down.A time capsille is at the back of big stone at left side of alter if I remember right
Tell you what ...you did a good job...it's a beautifull church.

Brilliant......Absolutely Brilliant!

What a reposte!

I'm havin' my t-shirt emblazoned as we speak!

"Proud to be a Fenian....... is there an alternative"?????? !

Its made me laugh for the last two hours.............where can I contribute Frank..........if they take Dundee money!

God bless us all.
Hi jc will let you know if and when something gets off the ground...glad you enjoyed the post.

Members online

Latest posts

Back