Saint Michaels Church Parkhead

Is that your parish Frank?

Im in that chapel hall every Monday night.

It is a nice building. I havent been inside the chapel. But i knew they were having problems with the heating.

My friend said it costs something like £150 to heat the chapel for an hour to which another friend scoffed he’s fulla shit. ??

But reckon its true.

HH pal ☘️. With all the candles in a chapel and the heating bills are too high.

It is a nice building. I havent been inside the chapel. But i knew they were having problems with the heating.

My friend said it costs something like £150 to heat the chapel for an hour to which another friend scoffed he’s fulla shit. ??

But reckon its true.

HH pal ☘️
Hi Maria, so, on Monday nights yer at yer auld game of pinching roof tiles

Wee bit of hope now ! Really pleased that I got a response,and it was a short but to the point.Parish will keep us informed....they do try hard and have never asked anybody for anything...lovely cosy chapel...and they don't skimp wi the ashes !!!...East end people ...the best!

Last edited:
I paid a visit to St Michael's yesterday.I sometimes attend before Celtic home games..they have a Mass at 12.30 pm on a Saturday.The parish priest addressed the congregation after mass to advise that they have bills totalling 19K .These bills are due to be paid at the end of March 2019.The bills,although not unexpected have put the parish in a precarious position, but repairs to the heating system were necessary and unavoidable. This Church ,along with Saint Mary's has a huge affinity with Celtic Football Club.A mass was held recently for our deceased Celtic supporting family members. It is just around the corner from Celtic Park. This Church has supported generations of Celtic fans and been a place of peace amid the noise and turmoil that can be the East End. The parishioners cannot raise enough to pay this bill.They have 300 people attending at the weekend.They are trying very hard and doing everything they can to raise money but the sums don't add up. Saint Michaels has been there for us through the good and sad times in our Celtic supporting lives,it would be good if we can return the favour..As stated the situation is precarious. Can we help? Anybody got any ideas..go fund me?..help and suggestions ..aye and cash required.
Hey Frank, Mrs Richybohy is fundraiser for various charities. I know in the past she has secured money for repairs to a chapel in Fife. Trusts and Foundations are the go to people for things like this. She is away till Friday and is very busy too. I will pick her brain when she gets back and let ye know if she has any advice for ye. If ye havna heard back from me by Saturday dinner time PM me and remind me.
HH Rich

A quick search of religious trusts on Google. Here are six that might be useful.
Aid to the Church in need, https://acnuk.org.uk

Funding Links Churches Together in Britain and Ireland, https://ctbi.org.uk

All Churches Trust https://www.allchurches.co.uk

The Ferguson bequest fund for Scottish Churches

National Churches Trust Scotland

Office of Scottish Charities Registry (OSCR), They have a searchable data base of Trusts and Foundations, search for charities that fund Churches and/or repairs.
Hope that's a help Frank HH

Last edited:
Hey Frank, Mrs Richybohy is fundraiser for various charities. I know in the past she has secured money for repairs to a chapel in Fife. Trusts and Foundations are the go to people for things like this. She is away till Friday and is very busy too. I will pick her brain when she gets back and let ye know if she has any advice for ye. If ye havna heard back from me by Saturday dinner time PM and remind me.
HH Rich
Thanks...any help would be great...and I am hopefull with the response from the club....as is the parish priest who has just returned.

Spoke to the parish priest yesterday...situation is still on going.. he asked me to leave things till after Lent...hopefull of an announcement then...just thought I would let everybody know...on a positive side he said collections go up when we play at home on a Sat at 1500 due to mass at 12.30...Hail Hail.

But reckon its true.

HH pal ☘️
Maria 're the heating...it's 250 a week for the 3 buildings. ...if you get a chance ask him ..he,s trying to get a grip with the finances..he,s a good man...and a good priest...Hail Hail

Latest posts

Back