Saint Michaels Church Parkhead

It's no problem Frank, I'll get my reward in Heaven..... I'm quite sure about that........well let's face it, I already spend a heck of a lotta' time in Paradise......... and another whack of it in SS. Peter and Paul's, my RC Parish Church in Dundee.......hey, and by the way I often see my Parish Priest at the bar area in Club Celtic when I'm there........the wee sneak that he is......
Sometimes think I get a cheeky look off him at mass when he knows he's been spotted the previous day at the game........But, would I say anything?.......
........ me....no chance, not I, not said a word yet.......never would.............
....oops, hope he's not on this blog!!!
God bless us all.

John Paul...I have left a message on your phone regarding the an appeal from the above Church.You will be well aware of the proximity of the church to Celtic Park and of it's affinity with Celtic supporters. The church has a bill of 19k.It has to be paid by the end of March 2019. The congregation cannot raise anything like this amount of money. Can the foundation help...can the club help..can we as supporters help...say an online fund,perhaps.I know there are supporters of Celtic ready to contribute.
They have a Mass every Saturday at 12.30. It is really for Celtic supporters going to home games and they recently had a Mass for deceased Celtic supporters. The point that I am trying to make is this church has strong links with the local community and we as Celtic supporters have historic and current links with this Church.We cannot let it go under for the sake of 19K. Can you get back to me please,we don't have a lot of time . Incidentally, I am not a member of this parish,just a Celtic season ticket holder with a concern that we may lose something dear to the Celtic family .I am available to help in any way possible...except a parachute JUMP ( fear of heights)...please do your best ...regards Frank ..name ,address phone number supplied.

Just a wee update...The Celtic SLO replied to me...he,s going to ask questions and said he will get back to me...Letter, hand delivered to PL CEO on thursday...email to CSA John O,Rourke ....London Rd Social Club was closed so difficulty in hand delivering anything. Parish priest not back till 2moro..will hopefully speak to him Wednesday...that's it...it's a waiting game...and remember there's a VIP collection outside Celtic Park on Saturday coming...An Gotta Mor...'we're building it.'

Just a wee update...The Celtic SLO replied to me...he,s going to ask questions and said he will get back to me...Letter, hand delivered to PL CEO on thursday...email to CSA John O,Rourke ....London Rd Social Club was closed so difficulty in hand delivering anything. Parish priest not back till 2moro..will hopefully speak to him Wednesday...that's it...it's a waiting game...and remember there's a VIP collection outside Celtic Park on Saturday coming...An Gotta Mor...'we're building it.'
...and they are looking for help on Saturday.

John Paul...I have left a message on your phone regarding the an appeal from the above Church.You will be well aware of the proximity of the church to Celtic Park and of it's affinity with Celtic supporters. The church has a bill of 19k.It has to be paid by the end of March 2019. The congregation cannot raise anything like this amount of money. Can the foundation help...can the club help..can we as supporters help...say an online fund,perhaps.I know there are supporters of Celtic ready to contribute.
They have a Mass every Saturday at 12.30. It is really for Celtic supporters going to home games and they recently had a Mass for deceased Celtic supporters. The point that I am trying to make is this church has strong links with the local community and we as Celtic supporters have historic and current links with this Church.We cannot let it go under for the sake of 19K. Can you get back to me please,we don't have a lot of time . Incidentally, I am not a member of this parish,just a Celtic season ticket holder with a concern that we may lose something dear to the Celtic family .I am available to help in any way possible...except a parachute JUMP ( fear of heights)...please do your best ...regards Frank ..name ,address phone number supplied.

Ah hink you should do the parachute jump Frank. In for a penny in for a pound they say ??

That's good Maria...the old priest is 92,I think and retired .He,s not involved but Father Liam is the man ...he should be there.

I chapped his door last monday night and no answer then spoke to a bun in my meeting he went n chapped and the door opened he said theres the priest there Maria so i just told the priest it was dosh for his bill and i would chap his door every monday night with the same donation as im not of the parish. He said thanks and he’d take care of it??. He looked proper old the wee soul.

Yes spoke to him this morning...He,s pretty frail, butnothing wrong with his brain Maria..he,s pretty sharp....yes ..wi the one liners.

I can come help Saturday. Dont have any significant cash but willing to help in any way.

Back