Salzburg v Celtic Match Thread

Better team won, red card and penalty bit harsh I thought. Can beat them in Glasgow I think. Just hope the Austrians playing in Glasgow tonight are as decent as Salzburg. If I remember rightly Rapid Vienna are no friends of ours. Pretending a bottle hit one of their players. I think we were winning 3-1. The game had to be replayed at Old Trafford and their goalie got punched into the goal by a pitch invader. Still, I hope they pump Sevco.
Hail Hail fae PRD

On last nights display from them they a far superior and I can’t see us even getting a draw at home. Leipzig is the key for us. We will see how we play there as they are a good team too apparently. Not bringing in quality has cost us a CL spot and I fear we could end up with a max of the 3 points we have. Hope I’m wrong but looking at us we can’t string a pass together in these games. Every time we had possession they closed us down last night. A difficult season ahead.

To be honest we could fill another dozen pages with what went wrong yes they were better than us but unlucky with the penalty just the way our luck is running things have to improve and again everyone knows that.Still beleave we will beat them at home we got batteredin the first half but managed to keep them out second half not so good .no I don't see the world the world through rose tinted glasses nor do I have tunnel vision we had a bad game last night part of a bad run , will we turn it round yes I think we will . Have no doubt the propaganda machine will be lining up to attack us after all they have been quite of late

Salzburg are a level above us, that’s the harsh truth. They where unlucky not to get into the final last year and have started this season on fire. If it wasn’t for the away goal rule they’d be playing in the champions league. 1st half we did really well to score and defended well to take that lead into half time. 2nd half there dominance showed and our teams lack of concentration threw away the game. Overall I’m disappointed but weighing up the overall situation it would have been a massive result to come away with a point. Still have faith in Brendan and the team to get to the KO stages.

Salzburg are a level above us, that’s the harsh truth. They where unlucky not to get into the final last year and have started this season on fire. If it wasn’t for the away goal rule they’d be playing in the champions league. 1st half we did really well to score and defended well to take that lead into half time. 2nd half there dominance showed and our teams lack of concentration threw away the game. Overall I’m disappointed but weighing up the overall situation it would have been a massive result to come away with a point. Still have faith in Brendan and the team to get to the KO stages.
Likewise we had a lot of players missing last night and players in roles not used to let's hope back to to normal soon

What does Gamboa have to do to get a game? BR sticks doggedly with Lustig when hes clearly off form and maybe a spent force, yet game after game there he is. He kept playing Brown till his hamstring gave up the ghost when we could all see he needed a rest. Forrest and McGregor are another 2 automatic picks. We have a squad, use it.

Brendan Rogers problem is tunnel vision. He can’t see past his favourites and he is unable to deviate from his own plans and who figures in them and who doesnt. That will be his downfall. He is paid to be able to adapt quickly. Where is the evidence?

Another poor display in Europe the problem is we don't seem to be learning anything from the losses . It's too easy for teams to go at us we just seem unable to defend as a team for 90mins
There is no belief anymore. PL doesn’t spend too many beans, people say we can’t afford talent, pL and BR public spat LC wage thief and yet all the fans and most likely the players are hearing is aw well lets put the ball away and give up, whits the point.

From the top. They have ripped the fuqin soul out of everything.

There were days gone by when the players where sheilded from this sh*t.

They must see what were seeing. They are not being backed by bringing in better talent to help them continually strive forward and be better.

January will see a lot of heads depending on it and what they all do in that window for me personally will see if they have a job/role at CP thereafter.

PL and BR is who my eyes are on and where my hatchett will fall. Metaphorically speaking of course.

HH ☘️

Last night we missed our leader Brown. Mulumbu did well but the players dont know him well enough to be a leader. Brown should have been rested in league, especially on those damned plastic pitches. We will be out of this competition before xmas, I dont think I'll miss it.

All season we have limped along having to depend on consistently good performances from Broonie and KT while their teammates perform individually, only occasionally and not at all as a team. If the rest of the squad were willing to put in the effort that these two produce every match, we would be in a far stronger place. Over to you BR

Better team won anyone who is no blind could see that,now comes the spin from MSM about how bad we are Brendan’s leaving French connection no happy Browny is on the slide and many more tales and yarns bull and more bull. But in the land of the fairies it was magnificent this was last night from the Stinkies,they will be told by Geraldo how the great buffalo is better than (Gert Muller )no wait a minute ah sorry it’s (Boydshencko )me thinks and Stinkies will be creaming themselfs swallow it up.lap lap h.h

Yes the incredulous statements roll on out of Govan, like if their team plays in the league as they do in the Europa then the league is a gimme ( a bit like if you keep buying Willy Wonka chocolate bars your bound to get the Gold Ticket) also Joe Worrall is comparing Morelos to Luis Suarez, dont know about you Joe but who has he been biting recently? In the words of Willy Wonka & most probably Joes favourite song -
Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of
Pure imagination

Anyone else think the defence is a joke at the moment and is the sole reason for our lack of form. Our team can't build anything on such poor foundations in my opinion...
Up until the Killi game we were doing ok in defence. Boyata for all his faults has played with professionalism. Its the goals that have dried up this season. We've scraped a few 1-0 wins that would have been 2,3,4-0s last year. Its the baffling refusal to try something different that does my head in. Teams no longer fear us because they know exactly what to expect from us.

Anyone else think the defence is a joke at the moment and is the sole reason for our lack of form. Our team can't build anything on such poor foundations in my opinion...
The return of the sieve!
McManus, Caldwell, Rogne all got pelters. Deservedly so on occasions, but they all had heart but good performances were inconsistent.
Sorry, but that's what last nite reminded me of.
Hail Hail. Luking huns.... gettae!

Have always had faith in Brendan until now but last night showed he can't seem to motivate the players we have and that he doesn't appear to know who his best eleven are. Gutted.
Plays, players out of position too often rather than play to the players strengths and what we have is not quick enough yo play out from the back Shamrock, pal.

He is looking like a man on the green mile with no answers and still too stubborn to deviate from a style of play/player that isn’t working

Sadly

Bottom line is that we don't have the quality and it looks like Rodgers can't pick them and Lawwell won't buy them therefore we have the square pegs-round holes scenario.

Rodgers can't hack it after a couple of great seasons he's back to type. Same wherever he's been, 2 to 3 good years then sacked or moves on. Imo he's not a long term manager. January will dictate what happens next, is the lawwell Rodgers egotistical spat over or are we to see it being dragged though to seasons end. HH ☘️

Back