Scotland v Russia - Friday 6 Sept, Hampden, Must Win Euro Qualifier - Comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
My boy is away to Hampden to watch Scotland with his pals from Uni. First time he's been there to see the national team. Will probably watch it on Sky, with obviously a particular interest in our players. Ryan Christie and James Forrest could be the biggest goal threat for Scotland. John McGinn is also capable of getting a goal, as indeed is Callum McGregor - Scotland's best midfielder.

Prediction? Scotland 2 Russia 1.

This old pic seems somewhat appropriate...

DPJxSU3XUAETqRC.jpg

Since 2012 I've found it hard to support scotland. I didnt want the people running our game to get any praise or take any credit.
I watched them with mixed feelings.
When alkie took over I stopped supporting completely.
When clarke took over I was ready to get right behind the national team....that was until he decided to tow the party line by dragging Celtic into things when sevco were charged by UEFA....so I'll watch tonight with mixed feelings again. I want the Celtic bhoys to do well and return home uninjured.

My boy is away to Hampden to watch Scotland with his pals from Uni. First time he's been there to see the national team. Will probably watch it on Sky, with obviously a particular interest in our players. Ryan Christie and James Forrest could be the biggest goal threat for Scotland. John McGinn is also capable of getting a goal, as indeed is Callum McGregor - Scotland's best midfielder.

Prediction? Scotland 2 Russia 1.

This old pic seems somewhat appropriate...

View attachment 4274

Hope your son enjoys it, different atmosphere at internationals, 8 of us heading up on the train. All full if the joys of Autumn {Stella & Whisky} Looking forward to see how Clarke sets up the team, going for Bonnie Scotland 2-0 Putins Pansies.

"WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD"

Since 2012 I've found it hard to support scotland. I didnt want the people running our game to get any praise or take any credit.
When clarke took over I was ready to get right behind the national team....that was until he decided to tow the party line by dragging Celtic into things when sevco were charged by UEFA....so I'll watch tonight with mixed feelings again. I want the Celtic bhoys to do well and return home uninjured.
Yes agree Lubo, dragging Celtic into the fray with Uefa and scum, thought things might change re Scotland ,but somehow don’t think so ,?dissapointed with Clark’s comments, but this is the norm ,!same re Killy v scum first game ,local mp, dragged us into equation ! Hh

Yep, pretty much agree with you on all of that Lubo. I remember as a boy being at those amazing World Cup Qualifiers against Czechoslovakia and also being right down the front at the Celtic end when King Kenny put the ball through Ray Clemence's legs.

I put the thread up just in case folk wanted to talk about the game.

Yes agree Lubo, dragging Celtic into the fray with Uefa and scum, thought things might change re Scotland ,but somehow don’t think so ,?dissapointed with Clark’s comments, but this is the norm ,!same re Killy v scum first game ,local mp, dragged us into equation ! Hh

I go to support the 11 guys wearing dark blue. As the for the Corrupt, Freeloading basturds that make up the SFA. They can go take a flying fuck taw themselves.

Very well said Lubes.(y)

Some of the best moments of my childhood were going to hampden to see Scotland play, 70000 fans the atmosphere was amazing!
Got to say Ive lost the passion for them that I once had, I still hope they win and would be great to see them qualify for a major finals again though.

20 years of being utter shit has that effect. Hopefully now with our players in the team we can qualify. Still wouldn’t bet a £1 on it, but I’m more optimistic than I’ve been in over a decade.

Well, this is my country, and I will be supporting my team. I hate it when Celtic fans who are Scottish, say the won’t support Scotland. Fucking hate it. But I don’t feel like an argument so I will leave that there.
I'm sure you wont get an argument TV, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I hate having mixed feelings about my country. Some of my best memories of watching a football match with my mates came when watching Scotland. They are mostly huns so it was the only time we could watch a match and cheer together. McFadden goal against france....my god. We celebrated in easterhouse that night like alcohol was was being banned the next day!!! I hate that my support for the team is diluted due to the fuckers running our game. I hate that I cant enjoy our wins because at the back of my mind I know those fuckers are patting each other on the back and taking the credit.

Back