Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

When I read a post of yours actually agreeing with Hoopy I thought there was a bit of Masonic skullduggery goin' on. Think you and him agreed that 'we' always had to be......" Aye Ready " ! But seriously though.....yer no, ur ye?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Frank
If I was, I'd be James Bond, Peter Brady (invisible man) and Marvo the Magician all rolled into one, to be on here this long ;-)
Some cracking highlights from the CL
Bayern looked good too, Leroy Sane and Sadio Mane, ran riot
The Canadian bhoy Davies is another cracking player
Lots of great football being played in the CL
Hard to pick a winner at this point
HH

I don't actually see anyone celebrating a defeat. What I see is a lot of fans gutted that we never got anything from the game but yet still proud of the performance.

Yes, there were several players who failed to reach their usual standards but that is what happens so often when you play against a squad who are more skilled than you. It is exactly what we do week in, week out against lower quality players.

Personally I support Celtic for the escapism of the pressures and stresses of everday life. It is mostly fun but there are some disappointments too. But if I want to express my pride in players in my team trying their hearts out and giving the champions of Europe a tough time then I make no apology for it.

If some fans view the same match and feel anger and/or disappointment because the result wasn't as good as 2012 which was probably the greatest European result since the 1970 semi victory over Leeds, then that is their prerogative. But if they post using exactly the same phrases as so many trolls have used on here in the past to taunt us after a defeat, and they put no context in their post, then maybe they should not be so surprised that some posters take exception and assume they are yet another troll.

Personally I think people can be branded a h*n too quickly. Let's keep it civil but also realise that if the vast majority of folks are upset with your post then maybe you need to take some responsibility and you could have worded your post a bit better.

Hail hail!

Last edited:
I don't actually see anyone celebrating a defeat. What I see is a lot of fans gutted that we never got anything from the game but yet still proud of the performance.

Yes, there were several players who failed to reach their usual standards but that is what happens so often when you play against a squad who are more skilled than you. It is exactly what we do week in, week out against lower quality players.

Personally I support Celtic for the escapism of the pressures and stresses of everday life. It is mostly fun but there are some disappointments too. But if I want to express my pride in players in my team trying their hearts out and giving the champions of Europe a tough time then I make no apology for it.

If some fans view the same match and feel anger and/or disappointment because the resilt wasn't as good as 2012 which was probably the greatest European result since the 1970 semi victory over Leeds, then that is their perogative. But if they post using exactly the same phrases as so many trolls have used on here in the past to taunt us after a defeat, and they put no context in their post, then maybe they should not be so surprised that some posters take exception and assume they are yet another troll.

Personally I think people can be branded a h*n too quickly. Let's keep it civil but also realise that if the vast majority of folks are upset with your post then maybe you need to take some responsibility and you could have worded your post a bit better.

Hail hail!

Good post Bridie Bhoy, I sure not one of us are happy with the result. We didn't celebrate the result, the fans thanked the players for the performance against the best club team in the world.
Ange, has always said that he looks at performance. In the first ~50mins our performance level was very good. After they scored our performance dropped. This is something that he will look into why.
Fitness levels isn't just about running around, it's also in the brain. We are physically fit, but probably lack the mental fitness. Rememeber that this was our first champions league game in years. Modric has more champions league experience in his little finger than the whole celtic team.

The negatives - the result
Not keeping in the game once conceeding the 1st goal.
Not taking our chances.
Possitives - Reo & CalMac - I was super impressed with both of them in the first 60mins.
Actually playing our football against the best. Which should give us a lift.
Creating chances (and good ones) against the best.

I’ve seen a few comments about anges playing style etc and celebrating getting beat 3-0

IMO people were happy with the level of performance last night for a large part of the game.

If we talk possession, they controlled the ball well for much of the first 55/60 minutes but did nearly fuck all with it.

I watched the game again, well the first 55 minutes and on another day could have been 3/4 up by the time they scored. But we never took our many chances. Put simply they never battered us last night, we gave our best effort and just couldn’t score. But even one goal would have made it a different game completely.
They scored and the whole bubble burst.

I still worry about juranovic defending. Everything the huns crested came his side Sunday. Last night he was exposed for their chance that hart saved first half and then fir some reason made a few poor calls with their first goal. We were unlucky with the break of the ball for the 2nd.

This year I’m less worried defensively than last year. They were a class act and for much of the game we kept it tight.
Hopefully we find our shooting boots.

Can’t wait to see the huns in Naples 🤭
I get that SMG that we all view a game through different eyes, leading to totally different views upon a game overall, yet the unity upon the performance of the Madrid game is very welcome and well shared and very worthy imo.
Yet 700M v under 30M and the only main difference was the decision making in the big moments within a game.
I try to keep them big moments in a game upon an even keel upon chances missed and goals conceded as usually turns out to be the deciding factor as the Madrid game proved to be against us.
We got them big decisions all wrong on the night that were so costly as I don't see scapegoats in players missing chances when I put them upon the same par as wrong decision making in a defensive manner or try to on most occasions if I can keep the emotions of the game in check.
Personally though josip had a very good game against one if not the best player in the world in the position faced and with having to provide such an attacking outlet also for us that nearly was so fruitful in another huge moment within the game and the decision making with the finish was to our desire.
In a defensive manner, were all the goals avoidable in a decision making, course they were imo?
What I do find strange still and also a concern also, if starfelt had made the same decision making as Jenz had upon the goals, I'm confident enough to say that he would have been made a scapegoat upon the night imo.
Yet does Jenz deserve to be slaughtered?
Course he doesn't along with every other player in a celtic Jersey who couldn't deliver the right decision making at crucial moments in a big game.
Such are the very fine margins within todays game that are so easy to analyse and be critical of after the event with the amount of coverage we are privileged to these days.
Personally couldn't be critical of any Celtic player on the night, especially when having to play in such a game that remains totally foreign to ourselves in terms of what we are use to, and to lose a game against such quality upon fine margins in decision making in crucial moments within a game with a 700M difference in money terms, just adds testiment to just how special this current Celtic team/squad really are imo.
That will only be proven in terms of results at this level and seen nothing on show against Madrid to say that it isn't achievable still imo.

I get that SMG that we all view a game through different eyes, leading to totally different views upon a game overall, yet the unity upon the performance of the Madrid game is very welcome and well shared and very worthy imo.
Yet 700M v under 30M and the only main difference was the decision making in the big moments within a game.
I try to keep them big moments in a game upon an even keel upon chances missed and goals conceded as usually turns out to be the deciding factor as the Madrid game proved to be against us.
We got them big decisions all wrong on the night that were so costly as I don't see scapegoats in players missing chances when I put them upon the same par as wrong decision making in a defensive manner or try to on most occasions if I can keep the emotions of the game in check.
Personally though josip had a very good game against one if not the best player in the world in the position faced and with having to provide such an attacking outlet also for us that nearly was so fruitful in another huge moment within the game and the decision making with the finish was to our desire.
In a defensive manner, were all the goals avoidable in a decision making, course they were imo?
What I do find strange still and also a concern also, if starfelt had made the same decision making as Jenz had upon the goals, I'm confident enough to say that he would have been made a scapegoat upon the night imo.
Course he doesn't along with every other player in a celtic Jersey who couldn't deliver the right decision making at crucial moments in a big game.
Such are the very fine margins within todays game that are so easy to analyse and be critical of after the event with the amount of coverage we are privileged to these days.
Personally couldn't be critical of any Celtic player on the night, especially when having to play in such a game that remains totally foreign to ourselves in terms of what we are use to, and to lose a game against such quality upon fine margins in decision making in crucial moments within a game with a 700M difference in money terms, just adds testiment to just how special this current Celtic team/squad really are imo.
That will only be proven in terms of results at this level and seen nothing on show against Madrid to say that it isn't achievable still imo.
Well said John No but some are already scapegoating some of our players.
Some even having a go at the Tactics which they are entitled to.
But the Pride I had watching them perform and but for the bounce or break of the ball we could easily have been in Front.
Every game you will see this season SPFL and CL a player will make a mistake last Season it was Starfelt with the help of our fair minded Medja. Who copped the flack Ange made sure that they didn’t define his team or style of play.
We go forward with His style a style that will lift us up a level.
And for that thanks Ange

HH 🍀

I get all of that Johnno and i agree re. JJ,
He's been slack last 2 games defensively. Had 2 great games going forward.
Thats not singling players out for causing us a defeat, its just stating a fact.
Starfelt wasn't playing so who knows, but Jenz to me looks a cracking player and its early days.
Wee Taylor/CCV did great on the big stage too as well as O'Riley & Hatate.
Oh and we found out the other night that GG can more than hack it at the top level.
He gave their centre halves a torrid time tto the point one was taken off.

We can compete, we can create, we just need to convert, which we have been, but had one of those nights in front of goal when we needed the opposite

I get all of that Johnno and i agree re. JJ,
He's been slack last 2 games defensively. Had 2 great games going forward.
Thats not singling players out for causing us a defeat, its just stating a fact.
Starfelt wasn't playing so who knows, but Jenz to me looks a cracking player and its early days.
Wee Taylor/CCV did great on the big stage too as well as O'Riley & Hatate.
Oh and we found out the other night that GG can more than hack it at the top level.
He gave their centre halves a torrid time tto the point one was taken off.

We can compete, we can create, we just need to convert, which we have been, but had one of those nights in front of goal when we needed the opposite
All part of Ange plans and places huge responsibility upon his full backs and so demanding to make the whole system of our play work so impressively, especially when it works regardless of the high risk involved in adopting such a great style in playing football and one of such joy to watch.
Also places huge pressure upon our decision making and bravery for the CBs having to go into them wider areas where we can be exposed moreso especially with runners from a midfield area with the centre of the defence left more open.
Not such a problem for a development team at this level still, but also think that getting in a proper DM will be of a huge benefit for the team going forward at this level imo and without doing any such damage to the structure and formation and style Ange wants our team to continue to play at also.
Great teams like Madrid expose and punish any frailties within any system of play and every team has them even the greatest teams like Madrid and so brilliant for ourselves to produce such moments ourselves and shame we couldn't execute them.
Also think Jenz is a very good player that will provide hugely in the success of the season ahead also imo, ahead of starfelt in the bigger games? Not just yet but could well change that opinion as the season progresses but still a very worthwhile and worthy playing member of this team currently who I also believe will improve with being so young still and hope becomes a permanent player for ourselves going forward still imo.

Well said John No but some are already scapegoating some of our players.
Some even having a go at the Tactics which they are entitled to.
But the Pride I had watching them perform and but for the bounce or break of the ball we could easily have been in Front.
Every game you will see this season SPFL and CL a player will make a mistake last Season it was Starfelt with the help of our fair minded Medja. Who copped the flack Ange made sure that they didn’t define his team or style of play.
We go forward with His style a style that will lift us up a level.
And for that thanks Ange

HH 🍀
Really don't get this scapegoat lark myself jam.
Ange makes the decision upon the tactical approach and gameplans etc and the players hopefully can execute them within the actual game.
Of course mistakes are made and usually every player is guilty of them somewhere during the course of the game, along with the moments of brilliance that all our players can provide on such a regular scale also.
Players having an off day happens but you didn't see that matched with a lack of effort or desire that hun scum managed with the muck they produced last night with the only saving grace of keeping the score under 4 in the end

Apparently a 9 year old boy had to be taken to hospital after being hit by a flare at the game. If anyone still thinks it's a jolly jape to let these things off within a stadium they can explain to the wee boy how much fun it is. The club could end up in strife too.

Get the flares to fuck.

Apparently a 9 year old boy had to be taken to hospital after being hit by a flare at the game. If anyone still thinks it's a jolly jape to let these things off within a stadium they can explain to the wee boy how much fun it is. The club could end up in strife too.

Get the flares to fuck.
100% agree Shammy
You don't take incendiaries to a game, for this very reason
One person getting injured, is one too many
Stop it

Members online

Latest posts

Back