Scottish govt eyes October 2023 referendum

You do remember this topic destroyed CQN don't you?
At least on the noise we can avoid a topic if it's getting on our tits. Whereas there is one thread on cqn and you end up reading shite the ' I'm gonny have the last word ' brigade post from morning till night.

I take your point re CQN.

With that in mind, I think it would be naive to think this topic would not be discussed now that it has been made public.

I was of the view, to hopefully contain the discussion to one thread, than let it have a potentially negative impact, and derail debate and opinions on other topics, which I have no doubt the trolls would be doing.

Just trying to be pragmatic.

Hopefully that puts my rational in perspective...

I take your point re CQN.

With that in mind, I think it would be naive to think this topic would not be discussed now that it has been made public.

I was of the view, to hopefully contain the discussion to one thread, than let it have a potentially negative impact, and derail debate and opinions on other topics, which I have no doubt the trolls would be doing.

Just trying to be pragmatic.

Hopefully that puts my rational in perspective...
Totally and for the reasons we have both mentioned 👍

It's time to break this unholy alliance.

Westminster is only interested in London and the home counties and they are happy to neglect anywhere north of the Watford Gap. Just ask those living in the north of England.

We will have freedom in my lifetime and if lesser populated countries than us can be successful then so can we.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Yes!!!!but only if they stand up to they durty orange bas——s,because if we gain Indy these fuckers will ramp up the hatred levels!!goverment needs to be ready for that shitfest,,a think that part needs serious consideration??so far she’s pandered to there every whim?...but for ma kids future it’s a BIG yes..

Experience has taught me there is a way for this topic not to turn into a toxic shit fest....
anyone who is not a supporter of independence should just say nothing then vote with the silent majority just like the last time.

I'll no doubt remind myself of this advice later, then ignore it.

vote yes ,,,,,,tae fk wi the younger generation by the time they lift their heads fae there phones they won't know the difference

tae the no voters ,,,,,,,,ya silent back stab,,, :oops: i'll come back to that nearer the time ......carry on

Last edited by a moderator:
424893_1860145_updates.jpg

Aye, well article 1 UN Constitution, gives us all the legitimation we need, even better if the UN overseeing the vote, Brit Establishment will not let go without a fight, thing is they through everything the last time, they'll need tae invent some new lies for Project Fear 2.

Scotland is a Wealthy country, since 1707 our wealth was squandered by Westminster, the Excise Duty on our Whisky, North Sea Oils true wealth hidden in the McCrone Report of Scotland Oil, now wind,tidal electricity generation, one of the few country's who have the electricity & water to make Hydrogen.

Too Poor, Too Wee, Too Stupid.

The Empire is gone, only the Union remains, DISSOLVE THE UNION

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿ALBA GU BRÀTH🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿SAOR ALBA🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I live in mainland Europe so I have no pony in this race. However, I look to the example of the Czechs and Slovaks. Those nations split apart and thrived.
As a school teacher, I now have many Ukrainian kids in my classes and integration has been generally smooth. So should those living in Scotland vote for the break-up of the union and choose to make their own decisions on the use of the natural resources they possess, they ought not to fear any over exaggerated bumps and pot holes they will no doubt encounter. I count well over 80 Slovaks among my group of friends......and only one of them would seek reunification with the Czechs.
An independent Scotland will no doubt witness some movement of people. Prague has many Slovaks and Ukrainians (including my nextdoor neighbours)...and life is generally harmonious.
I won't tell any of my Scottish family members how to vote, but I will point out the example of Slovakia as a success story of a nation of similar size. The Czechs now benefit from having a close ally at the grown-ups' table!

For anyone interested.....just some of the things the Scots have given to the world.....feel free to add to the list...

Great Scottish Inventions:

Macadamised road (John Loudon McAdam).

The pedal bicycle: (Kirkpatrick Macmillan)

The pneumatic tyre: (Robert William Thomson and John Boyd Dunlop)

Aircraft design: (Frank Barnwell 1910 ) Establishing the fundamentals of aircraft design.

Condensing steam engine improvements: (James Watt )

The wave-powered electricity generator: (by Engineer Stephen Salter).

The Pelamis Wave Energy Converter (“red sea snake” wave energy device): Richard Yemm.

Europe’s first passenger steamboat: (Henry Bell)

The first iron-hulled steamship: (Sir William Fairbairn)

Coal mining extraction in the sea on an artificial island by Sir George Bruce of Carnock (1575). Regarded as one of the industrial wonders of the late medieval period

Print stereotyping: (William Ged)

Roller printing: (Thomas Bell)

The adhesive postage stamp and the postmark: (James Chalmers)

Universal Standard Time: (Sir Sandford Fleming)

Light signalling between ships: (Admiral Philip H. Colomb)

The telephone: (Alexander Graham Bell)

The teleprinter: (Frederick G. Creed)

The first working television, and colour television; (John Logie Baird)

Radar: (Robert Watson-Watt)

The underlying principles of Radio – (James Clerk Maxwell)

The automated teller machine and Personal Identification Number system – (James Goodfellow)

he first edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica (1768–81)

The first English textbook on surgery(1597)

The first modern pharmacopaedia, William Cullen (1776). The book became ‘Europe’s principal text on the classification and treatment of disease’. His ideas survive in the terms nervous energy and neuroses (a word that Cullen coined).

The first postcards and picture postcards in the UK

The first eBook from a UK administration (March 2012). Scottish Government publishes ‘Your Scotland, Your Referendum’

The concept of latent heat: (Joseph Black)

The world’s first oil refinery and a process of extracting paraffin from coal laying the foundations for the modern oil industry: (James Young)

Popularising the decimal point & Logarithms (John Napier)

The first theory of the Higgs boson or “God Particle” by (Peter Higgs) particle-physics theorist at the University of Edinburgh

Hypnotism: (James Braid)

Criminal fingerprinting: (Henry Faulds )

The noble gases: Sir William Ramsay (1852–1916) [76]

The cloud chamber recording of atoms: Charles Thomson Rees Wilson (1869–1959) [77][78]

Pioneering work on nutrition and poverty: (John Boyd Orr)

The ultrasound scanner:( Ian Donald)

Ferrocene synthetic substances:( Peter Ludwig Pauson)

The MRI body scanner: (John Mallard and James Huchinson)

The first cloned mammal (Dolly the Sheep): Was conducted in The Roslin Institute research centre in 1996

The seismometer innovations: (James David Forbes)

Pioneering the use of surgical anaesthesia with Chloroform: (Sir James Young Simpson)

The hypodermic syringe: (Alexander Wood)

Back