Scottish govt eyes October 2023 referendum

For anyone interested.....just some of the things the Scots have given to the world.....feel free to add to the list...

Great Scottish Inventions:

Macadamised road (John Loudon McAdam).

The pedal bicycle: (Kirkpatrick Macmillan)

The pneumatic tyre: (Robert William Thomson and John Boyd Dunlop)

Aircraft design: (Frank Barnwell 1910 ) Establishing the fundamentals of aircraft design.

Condensing steam engine improvements: (James Watt )

The wave-powered electricity generator: (by Engineer Stephen Salter).

The Pelamis Wave Energy Converter (“red sea snake” wave energy device): Richard Yemm.

Europe’s first passenger steamboat: (Henry Bell)

The first iron-hulled steamship: (Sir William Fairbairn)

Coal mining extraction in the sea on an artificial island by Sir George Bruce of Carnock (1575). Regarded as one of the industrial wonders of the late medieval period

Print stereotyping: (William Ged)

Roller printing: (Thomas Bell)

The adhesive postage stamp and the postmark: (James Chalmers)

Universal Standard Time: (Sir Sandford Fleming)

Light signalling between ships: (Admiral Philip H. Colomb)

The telephone: (Alexander Graham Bell)

The teleprinter: (Frederick G. Creed)

The first working television, and colour television; (John Logie Baird)

Radar: (Robert Watson-Watt)

The underlying principles of Radio – (James Clerk Maxwell)

The automated teller machine and Personal Identification Number system – (James Goodfellow)

he first edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica (1768–81)

The first English textbook on surgery(1597)

The first modern pharmacopaedia, William Cullen (1776). The book became ‘Europe’s principal text on the classification and treatment of disease’. His ideas survive in the terms nervous energy and neuroses (a word that Cullen coined).

The first postcards and picture postcards in the UK

The first eBook from a UK administration (March 2012). Scottish Government publishes ‘Your Scotland, Your Referendum’

The concept of latent heat: (Joseph Black)

The world’s first oil refinery and a process of extracting paraffin from coal laying the foundations for the modern oil industry: (James Young)

Popularising the decimal point & Logarithms (John Napier)

The first theory of the Higgs boson or “God Particle” by (Peter Higgs) particle-physics theorist at the University of Edinburgh

Hypnotism: (James Braid)

Criminal fingerprinting: (Henry Faulds )

The noble gases: Sir William Ramsay (1852–1916) [76]

The cloud chamber recording of atoms: Charles Thomson Rees Wilson (1869–1959) [77][78]

Pioneering work on nutrition and poverty: (John Boyd Orr)

The ultrasound scanner:( Ian Donald)

Ferrocene synthetic substances:( Peter Ludwig Pauson)

The MRI body scanner: (John Mallard and James Huchinson)

The first cloned mammal (Dolly the Sheep): Was conducted in The Roslin Institute research centre in 1996

The seismometer innovations: (James David Forbes)

Pioneering the use of surgical anaesthesia with Chloroform: (Sir James Young Simpson)

The hypodermic syringe: (Alexander Wood)
aye but was has Scotland actually done for us

For anyone interested.....just some of the things the Scots have given to the world.....feel free to add to the list...

Aircraft design: (Frank Barnwell 1910 ) Establishing the fundamentals of aircraft design.

The Pelamis Wave Energy Converter (“red sea snake” wave energy device): Richard Yemm.

Coal mining extraction in the sea on an artificial island by Sir George Bruce of Carnock (1575). Regarded as one of the industrial wonders of the late medieval period

The automated teller machine and Personal Identification Number system – (James Goodfellow)

The first modern pharmacopaedia, William Cullen (1776). The book became ‘Europe’s principal text on the classification and treatment of disease’. His ideas survive in the terms nervous energy and neuroses (a word that Cullen coined).

The first eBook from a UK administration (March 2012). Scottish Government publishes ‘Your Scotland, Your Referendum’

The world’s first oil refinery and a process of extracting paraffin from coal laying the foundations for the modern oil industry: (James Young)

The first theory of the Higgs boson or “God Particle” by (Peter Higgs) particle-physics theorist at the University of Edinburgh

The cloud chamber recording of atoms: Charles Thomson Rees Wilson (1869–1959) [77][78]

The first cloned mammal (Dolly the Sheep): Was conducted in The Roslin Institute research centre in 1996

Pioneering the use of surgical anaesthesia with Chloroform: (Sir James Young Simpson)

Thanks very fu#@ing much Henry Faulds for the criminal fingerprinting 🤬🤬🤬

Well I was going to make a pot of lentil soup and thought I would check out what’s going on with players transfers and that first on the Noise and lo and behold a political thread on independence for Scotland and so I just thought I would add my wee bit of opinion.

I’ve been a supporter for Scotland’s independence for a huge part of my (long) adult life and would be as happy as a pig in clabber if we won a referendum - that’s the simplified version of my thoughts…
But tbh do you all think watching what Geopolitical stakes that have befallen many countries in world who decided to upset the US applecart that it’s a good idea to take on Uncle Sam with regard to Faslane and the Nuclear weapons that the Greens and the SNP want rid of toot sweet.

Another added factor is that Scotland is an oil producing nation where the proceeds from that resource goes into the Westminster coffers and we get a small payoff for the privilege. I don’t think the ‘City Of London’
would be willing to give all that up too easy.

Just can’t see it happening - it’s just recently been reported in an interview on the lengths the ruling elites with the help of 5he media here and MI5/MI6 and the military along with the US and Israel and on the inside traitors of the Labour Party made sure Jeremy Corbyn would never be a British PM.

288949591_2259251007556694_6606813609541769293_n.jpg

Well I was going to make a pot of lentil soup and thought I would check out what’s going on with players transfers and that first on the Noise and lo and behold a political thread on independence for Scotland and so I just thought I would add my wee bit of opinion.

I’ve been a supporter for Scotland’s independence for a huge part of my (long) adult life and would be as happy as a pig in clabber if we won a referendum - that’s the simplified version of my thoughts…
But tbh do you all think watching what Geopolitical stakes that have befallen many countries in world who decided to upset the US applecart that it’s a good idea to take on Uncle Sam with regard to Faslane and the Nuclear weapons that the Greens and the SNP want rid of toot sweet.

Another added factor is that Scotland is an oil producing nation where the proceeds from that resource goes into the Westminster coffers and we get a small payoff for the privilege. I don’t think the ‘City Of London’
would be willing to give all that up too easy.

Just can’t see it happening - it’s just recently been reported in an interview on the lengths the ruling elites with the help of 5he media here and MI5/MI6 and the military along with the US and Israel and on the inside traitors of the Labour Party made sure Jeremy Corbyn would never be a British PM.

With natural resources and a submarine base if independence ever did happen which I don’t think it will, I’m sure Uncle Sam would have no hesitation in bringing us freedom and democracy if some future communist (slightly left of centre) regime (government) ever seized power (was democratically elected) and threatened the world order of peace and order ( told them to take their subs away and nationalised the oil )

Members online

Latest posts

Back