shove yer poppy up yer a**e? Not for me!

Last night was like a Provo rally, not a Celtic game. Wether you agree with the Poppy or not is your business. Singing about it at a Celtic game tars us all and damages the club. The GB are going over the top with their constant singing of Provo songs
and I will be interested to see the attendance at the next Republican march swelled by thousands of these die hard Republicans.

90% of the songs last night were Fucking dirges. In no way do they inspire or give the team a lift or shot in the arm.

We will be embarrassed as a club when the silence is broken and that will be a wilful act of damaging our club.

Go join the IRA if that’s your thing. At the very least, don’t humiliate the club and lastly show there is conviction in your beliefs, by hitting the streets and raising the attendance at these marches by at least 4,000 that the GB claim to have. Then keep they songs there.

We are Glasgow Celtic, not the IRA.

Last edited:
In reply to your post. I watched a Remembrance Day parade in London about 3 years ago. Marching at this parade were members of the B Specials. I’ve never worn a poppy since. Incidentally, I have extended family who lost 4 young sons in WW2, I don’t need a poppy to remember them.
Well said!

Has anyone seen the top story in the DR. Its this very story. FFS will ye's stop giving them headlines. THEY READ THESE THREADS.

Armed forces my arse. I've witnessed what your so called armed forces are capable of. Fuckin scum. PTSD you say, most people where I live suffer from ptsd as a direct result of a shower a fuckers in OUR country. Nobody put a gun to your brothers head to make him join these tramps, it was his choice. I could write a book on what these "armed forces" done on men women and children in our country. Do you ever question why so many countries they have occupied hate them so much? They leave a trail behind them like a snail. This shite is dragged up every year and it's sickening. Wear your poppy if you want but don't try to ram it down my neck, as far as I'm concerned you got half the title correct, shove your poppy up your arse!

I am not arguing with people having an issue with Poppy’s, I’m arguing you do that in a protest about you’re deep reservations in your own time. Not at a game. That’s it.

Why should people feel the need to protest about injustices at a Celtic game. You will have plenty who agree with you, but plenty don’t and Celtic should not be used as a platform for that. It damages the club, anyone who wilfully does something they know will harm the club needs to rethink how they vent their heartfelt opposition.

British soldiers get nowt fae me, twas different in the old days, the men and women who were conscripted I have a wee bit of sympathy for. They came back from World War Two and gave us the welfare state. Which the Tories, who always wear Poppy's, are currently dismantling. They pay their fake respects while smashing their legacy. Volunteers though get no sympathy from me. Let the British government pay for any needs veterans may have.
There are few WW2 veterans left but I would maybe wear a poppy for them because of what they gave us. As I said earlier no sympathy for volunteers.
Poppy for WW2 veterans? Maybe
Poppy for Volunteers, not for me
Hail Hail

Last night was like a Provo rally, not a Celtic game. Wether you agree with the Poppy or not is your business. Singing about it at a Celtic game tars us all and damages the club. The GB are going over the top with their constant singing of Provo songs
and I will be interested to see the attendance at the next Republican march swelled by thousands of these die hard Republicans.

90% of the songs last night were Fucking dirges. In no way do they inspire or give the team a lift or shot in the arm.

We will be embarrassed as a club when the silence is broken and that will be a wilful act of damaging our club.

Go join the IRA if that’s your thing. At the very least, don’t humiliate the club and lastly show there is conviction in your beliefs, by hitting the streets and raising the attendance at these marches by at least 4,000 that the GB claim to have. Then keep they songs there.

Absolutely spot on!
In the past and recently I have given season books and or bought tickets for Sikhs and Muslim working colleagues who took their children to the big games
Those people when I meet them now are with their kids absolutely Celtic daft and refer to Celtic as ‘WE’
.I as most of us have a deep deep Irish background . Singing nowadays about the IRA ?? A bunch of absolute puerile wasters.. and we point the finger at the Ibrox lowlifes living in a time warp ?

Absolutely spot on!
In the past and recently I have given season books and or bought tickets for Sikhs and Muslim working colleagues who took their children to the big games
Those people when I meet them now are with their kids absolutely Celtic daft and refer to Celtic as ‘WE’
.I as most of us have a deep deep Irish background . Singing nowadays about the IRA ?? A bunch of absolute puerile wasters.. and we point the finger at the Ibrox lowlifes living in a time warp ?
Its ten times worse at away games these days took my son to Ibrokes last season and realise now it was a mistake .Too many IRA and anti Catholic songs at these games for a kid to hear.Sadly i doubt it will never change and i've been guilty of singing these songs many times in the past myself.I've heard fans saying they want the Green Brigade disbanded but that would solve nothing in my opinion and without them the atmosphere is pish.

Absolutely spot on!

It seems that they don’t give a flying fuck about our club. They know it will be siezed upon by the press and cause great embarrassment. It doesn’t inspire the team. It doesn’t give them a lift. They are Fucking boring to listen to. Mostly dirges, mournful and although maybe have a place for people, that place isn’t when watching us.

I have yet to see a Republican March you couldn’t fit into an articulated lorry. Where are all these diehards then? Where they should be if they are so committed? Getting tanked up at away games then singing them throughout a great performance is unbelievable.

We have another video being exploited of them singing about the poppy, Celtic support the Poppy Fund as a way to honour old Celtic players who served. If they are so opposed to this, why not boycott Celtic, stay at home with their BBB on and Shades and sing about the Troubles in the house.

They are like snow off a Fucking dyke when there is a march. Awol soldiers aren’t soldiers. They singvabout wanting to fill an empty holster yet seem reluctant to go for a walk? Fuck off. If you believe in a cause great. Show it where it matters, where it takes courage. Singing at a game? Do me a favour, and especially when you know it will tarnish our club.

That doesn’t seem to bother anybody who does it. That’s the saddest thing for me. The club need to act. The supporters need to get behind the team, support them, inspire them.

When the support do that we are second to none. Spending 90% of the game singing about the Provos doesn’t lift the team, it degrades the club,

Has anyone seen the top story in the DR. Its this very story. FFS will ye's stop giving them headlines. THEY READ THESE THREADS.

It was the video that gave them all the ammunition they need. Maybe stop giving them these bullets would be a better way to stop the DR or anybody else. I bet it’s on the news tonight, they will be all over it. Thanks for that diehards.

I have a brother who served recently and goes to games with me and his mrs. I also have a very good friend who is a Tim and suffers from ptsd. I wear my poppy for those guys and their friends who were killed in action. As well as the world wars.
Without been drawn in does the poppy sales provide him with an extra income and a carer and has been promised more care if the illness gets worse. I used to wear a poppy in membrance of my old relatives who died in the war and my father was a member of the forces at a time when it was seen as the thing to do, however there are only 100, 000 ww2 vets left and they fought in the War, as for modern war i dont exactly see were people are coming from, the wars at present are economic wars, the west rob the poor and the poor retaliate and the west call them terorists and get their war and young men and woman sign up unaware of the facts they are protecting the interests of charaltons and gold diggers. i also undesrtand there were many who saw the poppy for what it truly represented and that was the Earl of Haig and his inability to lead his men and sent them over to their bloody deaths, history writes out the bad bits and keeps the good bits, the sellable bits, i admire your friends and family but their sacrifice was not to protect me, it was to protect an empire. HH

Sick to the back teeth of some Celtic fans who can't respect others. A club open to all? my fking arse! Only when it suits the i.r.a loving mob within our support.
How many of the Celtic support have served their country in the armed forces? How many's grand/parents have fought in wars? Thats why i wear a poppy. To remember the sacrifices these men and women made.
You may not like me saying it but how about we start respecting each others choices.
Celtic fans .? Drunken morons if they saw a gun they would shit themselves they know fcuk all about history in the north of Ireland ,of course we should respect the dead of all wars .

There is no IRA to join. They have been disbanded! You have turned this thread around again to bang on with the same rhetoric from a previous thread that was initiated by that weed anton. If you dislike what the green brigade sing, then start your own brigade. Remove the green brigade from Celtic park and the place will be like a morgue. They have been suspended in the past and we seen what that was like. Maybe that was your chance to start your own gang. The person who started this thread knew exactly what they were doing. Every so often another shit stirrer emerges and then disappears again.

It seems that they don’t give a flying fuck about our club. They know it will be siezed upon by the press and cause great embarrassment. It doesn’t inspire the team. It doesn’t give them a lift. They are Fucking boring to listen to. Mostly dirges, mournful and although maybe have a place for people, that place isn’t when watching us.

I have yet to see a Republican March you couldn’t fit into an articulated lorry. Where are all these diehards then? Where they should be if they are so committed? Getting tanked up at away games then singing them throughout a great performance is unbelievable.

We have another video being exploited of them singing about the poppy, Celtic support the Poppy Fund as a way to honour old Celtic players who served. If they are so opposed to this, why not boycott Celtic, stay at home with their BBB on and Shades and sing about the Troubles in the house.

They are like snow off a Fucking dyke when there is a march. Awol soldiers aren’t soldiers. They singvabout wanting to fill an empty holster yet seem reluctant to go for a walk? Fuck off. If you believe in a cause great. Show it where it matters, where it takes courage. Singing at a game? Do me a favour, and especially when you know it will tarnish our club.

That doesn’t seem to bother anybody who does it. That’s the saddest thing for me. The club need to act. The supporters need to get behind the team, support them, inspire them.

When the support do that we are second to none. Spending 90% of the game singing about the Provos doesn’t lift the team, it degrades the club,

There is already a thread for the IRA songs as you well know with your already multiple clearly stated aired views & complaints.
same thread opener and to date last word
https://celticnoise.com/threads/green-brigade-songbook.269/

Sticking to the actual point of this topic
The IRA songs are a different subject to people having the right to tell the SFA to shove poppys up their arse.

An absolute moral right to complain what ever way an individual sees fit, if only because The SFA have made the poppy political, not Celtic or their fans, it was the SFA told every club to stitch it on the jerseys!
Sports and politics don't mix! I'd generally agree but just don't care for hypocrites who only complain about the politics they selectively see!

Celtic fans .? Drunken morons if they saw a gun they would shit themselves they know fcuk all about history in the north of Ireland ,of course we should respect the dead of all wars .
Well that's that then, the turtle has spoken. Are you fuckin serious? I can give you a history lesson on the six counties if you want and I don't drink!
The problem with your theory is, that it isn't the dead of all wars. It's the Brit dead of all wars where they have slaughtered all around them. Is there an emblem to wear for all the innocent people they have killed ?

There is no IRA to join. They have been disbanded! You have turned this thread around again to bang on with the same rhetoric from a previous thread that was initiated by that weed anton. If you dislike what the green brigade sing, then start your own brigade. Remove the green brigade from Celtic park and the place will be like a morgue. They have been suspended in the past and we seen what that was like. Maybe that was your chance to start your own gang. The person who started this thread knew exactly what they were doing. Every so often another shit stirrer emerges and then disappears again.

I was pissed off by listening to a provo rally instead of a Celtic song book. A new video has been posted andcsuezed uoon by the press to embarress the club. Which it will. You say the IRA are no more, well why not sing about something else?

Wtf has the Provos got to do with Glasgow Celtic? I don’t want the GB disbanded I want them to realise they are causing harm to the club and do what they do best when getting behind the team. Their main focus seems to have switched to endless Ira songs.

They inspire no cunt, they are mostly dirges. The ooooy stuff is being talked about because some Cunt posted a video showing them subgibgvabout it which is beibgvysed today by the press.

Do we not have a right to say to these guys you are dragging us through the mire with this? To ask, where the fucjnare you when a Republican March is happening. To say, fine, have your political beliefs, but exercise them where it matters and not where it harms Celtic?

Or do we just say fuck all because people want to sing them regardless of how negatively affects the club?

You are right though, it’s time Celtic fans who don’t want to see the club being fucked over due to these songs being seized upon, to demand something is done. Not a ban of the GB, a discussion with them to explain how their politics affects the club, hopefully they would see it is doing the club harm and stop. If they refuse to see that, then as we say about players and managers, no one is bigger than the club. No matter how good they think they are.

Well that's that then, the turtle has spoken. Are you fuckin serious? I can give you a history lesson on the six counties if you want and I don't drink!
The problem with your theory is, that it isn't the dead of all wars. It's the Brit dead of all wars where they have slaughtered all around them. Is there an emblem to wear for all the innocent people they have killed ?
You’ll give me a history lesson ? I was talking about the First World War where thousands of Irishmen fought and died I don’t wear a poppy because of the same reasons as you no doubt singing about the Provos does fcuk all but harm

like a lot of celtic fan's james mclean echoed our sentiments,if the poppy represented the sacrifice of the first and second world wars, he would wear one every day, my uncle died at Nijmegen and he would echo that sentiment, bloody sunday, the ballymurphy massacre,turned people against the forces of the crown, on another level, young working class men killing young working class men from different countries,be outraged about that!

I, like lots of others had a Donegal Grandfather who fought in WW1, was ostracised by some of own community when he joined the Enniskillen Fusiliers but luckily returned to Ireland. He made his way to Glasgow and was always Irish and at heart a bit of a rebel, but he never wore a poppy. I have respect for soldiers especially ones that come back with horrific injuries, but I will not wear a poppy out of respect to Irish people that I have met on visits, especially to parts of Belfast and Derry. The one thing that pisses me off more than anything now though is these groups of ex soldiers and MP's who want to drop all charges and cases against servicemen that did cruel things in countries - not just Ireland, that is unfair. As I said respect where it is due, but sorry no poppy for me.

Wearing or not wearing a poppy is an individual personal thing. The reason we fought the Nazis was to ensure freedom of choice. It has been highjacked by forces in the SFA to put us in a bind. Don’t give them the satisfaction. Of succeeding in their objective. Falling into their trap is not ckever. Wear one or don’t wear one. But don’t give those that want to see Celtic FC in the dock trying to defend themselves because if your choice and letting the cunts who hate us high five. That’s my plea.

Back