Sparta Prague v Celtic - Thursday 26 November, kick-off 5.55pm live on BT Sport 3

Here's the problem with the defence, doc.

They play way, way too deep to accommodate Broonie who plays way, way too deep in midfield.

That allows teams to push up on them and because of the gaps in midfield, there's huge wide open spaces for any standard of opposition to play in.

Then we have the sheer fucking genius that is playing a left-pegger outside right and a right-pegger outside left. They both want to come inside and the full-backs are regularly having to shuttle 80-yards back and forth. Big Kris gets pulled all over the shop trying to plug holes and we can give Jullien the benefit of the doubt because he's ring rusty.

Fucking hate myself for saying it, but our defensive issues start with Broonie playing so deep. It doesn't help the goals against column that N'tcham, McGregor, Christie or Elyounoussi can't tackle a fish supper either. The defence have no supporting cast whatsoever.
SP how did you manage to put together such a cohesive and astute response to our current shambles. Im on the verge of vomiting after that shit show.
Hat's off to ye SP yer a better man than me in a crisis situation. (y)

It's no so much the depth, it's that it's so unbalanced.

Full-backs bombing on and Ajer playing a shifty left-back at least 5 or 6 times a game. Not Laxalt's fault coz there's no fucking way Moi is gonna bust a gut to double back.

Even when there are numbers back there, they're picking up one another then over committing when it breaks to an opponent. Check Broonie at their first goal and CalMac is notorious for it.
i'll need to read your posts in full tomorrow SP
They are never to be missed but too much to sink into the void right now,
Tonight takes me back to the Luigi Macari days, only at least now we have a commodity in Eddie up front instead of Christopher Biggins
it's that bad

No read back any of the posts, I'm sure Lenny is getting it tight and no doubt Broony is too, but fuck me neither can be blamed for that fucking shambles at central defence tonight!

Julien and Ajer are highly paid, experienced, professional footballers they shouldn't need coaching on the fucking basics of their job. No awareness of what's going on around them, piss poor positioning, ball watching, powder puff 'commanding' of their area, caught up the park making NO effort whatsoever to get back directly leading to goals 3 & 4. Utter fucking shambles the pair of them.

Schoolboy mistakes all over the pitch tonight but that was outright fucking criminal defending, professionals can't be getting such basic stuff wrong!

Aye Lenny has a case to answer no doubt but some of these players look like they're trying to get him the sack! Fucking raging after watching that! 🤬

You don't need to be uri geller to see brown, ntcham, Elyanousi on the team sheet and know that another absolute shambles is on the cards 😕
How difficult for a club with our worldwide resources can it be to identify and sign a scott brown replacement? We have been needing one for a good while now. If laxalt was a DCM he could do it. Those whove been brought to the club with this in mind have disappeared kouassi (ffs) soro ? Jury's out where is he anyway ? Is he with lenny ? Living rent free in TyroneCelts head?

Comment in full

Neil Lennon: "I didn't think we deserved to lose 4-1.... after half time for 35 minutes we were superb. Things aren't going for us at the minute. It was far better than the performance two weeks ago."

Not angry with him anymore, just sad that its come to this.....

How difficult for a club with our worldwide resources can it be to identify and sign a scott brown replacement? We have been needing one for a good while now. If laxalt was a DCM he could do it. Those whove been brought to the club with this in mind have disappeared kouassi (ffs) soro ? Jury's out where is he anyway ? Is he with lenny ? Living rent free in TyroneCelts head?
They spunked 6/7 million on a replacement for brown, and n'shites had more game time tonight than they both got

Sitting watching The game more in hope than expectation but the result wasn't entirely unrxpected. The team look as if they have given up replacing Lennon might be too late to save the season the board got him players in the summer and kept Edouard but it doesn't seem to have worked out for some reason. I can honestly say that I am at a stage where I don't have faith in the team to win a game considering that the team hasn't changed a great deal since January but the performances are night and day.

Last edited:
Here's the problem with the defence, doc.

They play way, way too deep to accommodate Broonie who plays way, way too deep in midfield.

That allows teams to push up on them and because of the gaps in midfield, there's huge wide open spaces for any standard of opposition to play in.

Then we have the sheer fucking genius that is playing a left-pegger outside right and a right-pegger outside left. They both want to come inside and the full-backs are regularly having to shuttle 80-yards back and forth. Big Kris gets pulled all over the shop trying to plug holes and we can give Jullien the benefit of the doubt because he's ring rusty.

Fucking hate myself for saying it, but our defensive issues start with Broonie playing so deep. It doesn't help the goals against column that N'tcham, McGregor, Christie or Elyounoussi can't tackle a fish supper either. The defence have no supporting cast whatsoever.
Absolutely spot on SP. Our lack of physicality in midfield allied with accommodating Broonie is costing us big time. We can all see it so why can't Neil ? He is the manager and is paid the big bucks to make ruthless decisions and not play the old pals act and continue pick underperforming players.

Soro & Luca Connell came on in the preseason friendly against Hibs and were both absolutely outstanding. Now I appreciate there is only so much you can tell from these types of games - even though it was as hard fought as any normal league match - but surely to fuck they have deserved more than a combined total playing time of 18 bloody minutes, especially when our midfielders have been so appallingly dire this season!!!

Soro & Luca Connell came on in the preseason friendly against Hibs and were both absolutely outstanding. Now I appreciate there is only so much you csn tell from these types of games - even though it was as hard fought as any normal league match - but surely to fuck they have deserved more than a combined total playing time of 18 bloody minutes, especially when our midfielders have been so appallingly dire this season!!!
Also had oko-flex bemoaning the lack of opportunities to play the other day. Why bother bringing these bhoys in if they are not going to play? Other youngsters will see this as well

Soro & Luca Connell came on in the preseason friendly against Hibs and were both absolutely outstanding. Now I appreciate there is only so much you can tell from these types of games - even though it was as hard fought as any normal league match - but surely to fuck they have deserved more than a combined total playing time of 18 bloody minutes, especially when our midfielders have been so appallingly dire this season!!!
Just another baffling decision of which there are plenty this season from NFL.

Back