Sparta Prague v Celtic - Thursday 26 November, kick-off 5.55pm live on BT Sport 3

Fair enough mate I'll take your word for it maybe just a wrong first impression then, I'm sure me & Boab will get on well moving forward 👍🍀
Deffo, he's a great guy
First impreesions aren't always the best, or the right ones or easiest to take
You'll get to know the nuggets pretty quick, he's not one of them
Welcome to the Noise, it's a good place for banter, a laugh, and at times 'debate' all things Celtic etc

HH

'the team lacks a bit of unity at the minute'
:rolleyes:
Utter codwallop the team lacks unity right the manager words in any walk in life don’t matter what industry you’re in ,the buck stops there, end off you are supposed to be the motivator of the team or side stop making excuses you will eventually run out them if you can’t do it we need someone that can. In this all important season for all hoops fans remember old squinty eyes fae Castlemilk said one bad season and we will fall like a house of cards just don’t want these words coming to fruition so it’s up to you NFL clear your desk and go we know your a legend always will be at our club, Confucius said in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king (pardon the pun)

This scoreline tonight is the one that hurts me more so even than the CP debacle where a player scored a hatrick against us at home for the first time since Eric black in the 80s . I really thought that I was witnessing the turnaround weve been waiting on , our season to start when eddy struck that brilliant goal. Sadly not, calmac "foot to the peddle" moi "revenge mission" Christie? I mean honestly scott brown you are our captain and should be telling him that he is woeful , appalling at crossing the ball . How can it be that no one has said to him ' nah wee man you've had you're chance and plenty of them " and get him off the dead balls? We let Gordon, Lustig, Hayes go too soon , we needed senior characters in our dressing room, now it's only broony and he has to baby sit them all? Too much. We should've kept one of the three at least until the 10 was sealed. Laxalt looks like he would be a character but I'm guessing not many speak spanish or Portuguese in our dressing room . We need leaders
What resonates with me most from your post Winter is the loss of the strength of character from the dressing room and that is ( unfortunately for us ) irretrievable. I have every sympathy for the board here - They invested !! but can you imagine OUR reaction if they'd said Foster/Barkas ? nah we'll extend Gordons contract. Laxalt ? - no chance we'll extend Hayes contract. Turnbull ? - no chance we'll keep Mikael and push Frimpong up. Sign Duffy - Really ? - We've got Jozo , and for me sit Scott Sinclair on top of that. I think we may have blown our chance by NOT taking the cheap option !!. I miss these players and I think the dressing room misses them too. 🙁 🙁 🙁 🍀🍀

Deeply depressed. Astounded that the Board are allowing this to continue. I mean, we know they don’t give a damn about the 10, but surely they must see the financial vandalism Lennon is inflicting on the club? Ntcham, for example, was once valued at £15m. Would you pay £3m for him now? I imagine online sales of club merchandise have collapsed as well. I don’t get it. Are the egos on the Board that sensitive they’d sooner hand financial advantage to the filth than admit they f’d up appointing Lennon?

Letting Lustig, Hayes, Gordon and Simonovic go looks like a big mistake these lads wanted the 10 and would have been good for morale in this defining season. At least they wouldn't down tools like some of the current bunch.
Its been negligence by management from all levels that have created this mess.
100% Jimmy and unfortunately we cannot take those decisions back 🙁🙁

Mug binned.
But I actually felt there might be some shoots of recovery in that performance last night.
Broonie is struggling though.
A fair amount of wine drunk so my analysis may be flawed, but I woke up hopeful!!
HH
Shoots of recovery? Elaborate.

Before last night’s game I was astounded at the number of people who were confident we’d get revenge on Sparta. At the same time, nowhere in my most pessimistic moments of speculation did I think we would manage to repeat the previous humiliating scoreline.
Lennon is now surpassing my worst fears.

How many more times are we going to hear the same words from Lennon and the players after matches. It’s not working. Go and go now. They must be watching a different game from us. At the start of the season you can understand being a bit rusty. We are nearly into December and the same mistakes are being made by the management (Lennon, Kennedy, Strachan)
Players (where do you start) and also the board ( I heard someone say that they would let Lennon get a chance for a quadruple treble) That’s not until 20th December. We can’t afford to wait till then. They need to go NOW.

Just as disappointed this morning. My other half doesnt get the depression i/we all feel over the game, gave up trying to explain years ago, gave up trying to explain why completely 2 years ago when I joined this forum ( thank God for this forum). Celtic in Europe can be such an awesome experience but also we get far too many of these utter shambolic performances and this has been going on since the end of the 70s. Unfortunately I'm just out of the golden age of the clubs european dominance , the best I've seen was the run to Seville. I dont understand it, even after all the years of having top managers Caeser , MON, BR at the club we have consistently flattered to decieve. Theres even a case for lenny being second only to MON for best European results over the years, he has masterminded some unreal results v Barcelona h&a and recently lazio. Still these results are peppered in between the harsh realities of the likes of neuchatel xamax, sion, legia Warsaw, Copenhagen, cluj, Lincoln red imps 🤬 (sorry bhoys&ghirls) Vs Leipzig , man city h&a , barcelona h&a, Stuttgart, Bayern , Juventus and it's not good enough for a club with our resources. Sparta Prague have never been mugs and are a tactically astute side always. We are hit and miss ..always. last year we topped our group for the first time ever. What? No that's not good enough for a gold star club, we are not Red Star Belgrade we have countless millions and incredible resources to that club also a gold star elite member. I've often thought that its psychological, thought it was we're tactically naive but how does a club like ours fail so spectacularly and regularly only to shock everyone with a result like lazio? I'm at a loss to comprehend it. The players are there and the management team have been also. Perhaps we haven't had both at the same time but I'm clutching at straws now. Surely it has to be the target for our club to get back at least to the latter stages of european competition every season for our 'hidden saviour' and PL? Theres no money in Scottish football why have we not got a plan for the European season after all these years? I'm sick of one good result sending shockwaves around the world only to be thumped by Copenhagen next round. I thought it was a mistake to give up our unbeaten record in thecp group last season and I was right , it affected momentum losing that last game away to cluj. I dont know ( think I've said that ) it's not good enough for me so its definately not good enough for the board that's a given. Yet what have they done about arresting the slide? SFA thats what. Yes I'm still sore same as you all are but I'm waking up this morning and I've said my thoughts on lenny last night but the board? They employ him they are the losers in the club and in more ways than one. DD and PL cannot be making money from dropping out of the cl then dropping out of the EL with 1pt from 12?
How many more times are we going to hear the same words from Lennon and the players after matches. It’s not working. Go and go now. They must be watching a different game from us. At the start of the season you can understand being a bit rusty. We are nearly into December and the same mistakes are being made by the management (Lennon, Kennedy, Strachan)
Players (where do you start) and also the board ( I heard someone say that they would let Lennon get a chance for a quadruple treble) That’s not until 20th December. We can’t afford to wait till then. They need to go NOW.
The board are the major culprits in all of this its they who call the shots and lenny is being hung out to dry imho

I suspect once Lennon is gone we are going to hear some shocking stuff around our training ‘regime’ - namely, the lack of it.

It'll hurt like hell if we dinny get the ten.......no just that...the huns get their paws on CL cash next season......We have problems ahead....if we don't win the league...I mean massive probs with fuck all to build on

100% agree with you Lennono..if they get the champions league money we're in serious trouble.

If we think it's bad just now with the financial clout we've got, what will it be like when they have the CL money?

Dave king was right when he said that all sevco's got to do is win it once.

I think we've got more problems than most of the fans realise..fk it's so bad that in ten years time we could be trying to stop their ten in a row.

How can we be so bad at defending set pieces and taking corners for so long? Seriously?
Clearly, the players aren’t being forced to analyse their mistakes and work on them. The half-assed culture Lennon has instilled is killing our club. I can guarantee you not a single one of our players stays on the training pitch after the formal training session to do extra work on their technique. Why would they bother if the manager isn’t bothered either?

100% agree with you Lennono..if they get the champions league money we're in serious trouble.

If we think it's bad just now with the financial clout we've got, what will it be like when they have the CL money?

Dave king was right when he said that all sevco's got to do is win it once.

I think we've got more problems than most of the fans realise..fk it's so bad that in ten years time we could be trying to stop their ten in
It feels that way, but in the short-term two decisions could change it, one manager out and replaced with the right appointment and we start looking up.

If they get CL money, it'll only mean they don't have to borrow more money from investors for a couple of seasons.

In the medium term we need to focus on gaining back some sort of voice/say/control in our club from the absent majority shareholder and his pig ignorant chief executive

Members online

No members online now.

Back