Sports producer Rangers* fan suffers Racist abuse at ibrox and Rangers* pub

10 in a Row

Scots sports producer 'in tears' after racist abuse at Ibrox and Rangers pub. Bobby Nwanze, 32, went to cheer on the Gers at their Scottish Cup tie with Stirling Albion on Friday January 21 - but was forced to leave after being abused by a fellow supporter in the stands.

Upset by the abuse, Bobby and his friends left Ibrox and walked to a supporters bar around the corner from the stadium to watch the second half of the match,

which Rangers won 4-0

However, shortly after arriving Bobby claims he was targeted with racist abuse again, with punters calling him the name of the Gers forward Fashion Sakala.

He continued: "When we walked in it was as if everyone had stopped to stare at me walking to the bar - it was weird.

"We ordered some drinks and just took ourselves to a quiet corner to watch the rest of the game. That is when a middle aged man approached me.
"He said: 'You are black, what does Fashion Sakala mean?'

"My friend asked what he said and when I repeated it they were absolutely astounded. He then continued calling me Fashion Sakala, even though I asked him to leave me alone to watch the game.

Fans often sing a chant about Sakala to the tune of Shakira tune Waka Waka - and tormented Bobby with the song as he and his friends tried to watch the game.

"He was sitting with a group of 20-30 mates and they all started singing the Fashion Sakala song at me", he continued.

"I do not mind banter but my race is not a joke for other people's amusement.

"The guy then sat next to me again and started to touch my arms whilst saying, 'You're a big boy eh, you're always big.'

"He continued to bother me before I was stern and said to leave me alone. At that point he told me I shouldn't be there.

Bobby said that he was left in tears in the car when returning from Glasgow, and that the incident had put him off from returning to Ibrox but that he would do so, as he did not want to empower racists.

Last edited:
Aye mate, why do they turn up to the most racist club in Britain, then are surprised when they get racially abused……hun-believable
Stopped tryin Tae understand it a while ago mate...that's wan a the reasons we ll win the war as James Forrest pits it....their too thick racist n backward Tae move wae society...imagine the gap in the nxt 20 year...the whole club is emersed in it

Scots sports producer 'in tears' after racist abuse at Ibrox and Rangers pub. Bobby Nwanze, 32, went to cheer on the Gers at their Scottish Cup tie with Stirling Albion on Friday January 21 - but was forced to leave after being abused by a fellow supporter in the stands.

Upset by the abuse, Bobby and his friends left Ibrox and walked to a supporters bar around the corner from the stadium to watch the second half of the match,

which Rangers won 4-0

However, shortly after arriving Bobby claims he was targeted with racist abuse again, with punters calling him the name of the Gers forward Fashion Sakala.

He continued: "When we walked in it was as if everyone had stopped to stare at me walking to the bar - it was weird.

"We ordered some drinks and just took ourselves to a quiet corner to watch the rest of the game. That is when a middle aged man approached me.

"My friend asked what he said and when I repeated it they were absolutely astounded. He then continued calling me Fashion Sakala, even though I asked him to leave me alone to watch the game.

Fans often sing a chant about Sakala to the tune of Shakira tune Waka Waka - and tormented Bobby with the song as he and his friends tried to watch the game.

"He was sitting with a group of 20-30 mates and they all started singing the Fashion Sakala song at me", he continued.

"The guy then sat next to me again and started to touch my arms whilst saying, 'You're a big boy eh, you're always big.'

"He continued to bother me before I was stern and said to leave me alone. At that point he told me I shouldn't be there.

Bobby said that he was left in tears in the car when returning from Glasgow, and that the incident had put him off from returning to Ibrox but that he would do so, as he did not want to empower racists.
A jokes a joke but only way somebody you know will take it that way but this was more racist than anything I mean touching his arms saying they're all big boys and to keep harassing the guy is shocking they were treating the guy like a novelty figure as if they've never seen a black man up close ffs we'll lets see wit his club do cause they did say they wid send these bigoted bastards back to school didn't they to re-educate now we know they're dull of shite but this being in the paper will put pressure on them I hope somecunt asks how many they have rendered to be reconditioned I wid love somebody to ask that robertson clown abut it all and how successful the everyone anyone who's white and Proddy course is going

A jokes a joke but only way somebody you know will take it that way but this was more racist than anything I mean touching his arms saying they're all big boys and to keep harassing the guy is shocking they were treating the guy like a novelty figure as if they've never seen a black man up close ffs we'll lets see wit his club do cause they did say they wid send these bigoted bastards back to school didn't they to re-educate now we know they're dull of shite but this being in the paper will put pressure on them I hope somecunt asks how many they have rendered to be reconditioned I wid love somebody to ask that robertson clown abut it all and how successful the everyone anyone who's white and Proddy course is going
The only thing that will happen is the daily record n Media will make up some bull shit story aboot us tae even it up..you know the drill

which Rangers won 4-0

Mate just see the same, Fuckin vile people! But the same people Can't see Racisim before there eyes!! 😡😡 HH

The only thing that will happen is the daily record n Media will make up some bull shit story aboot us tae even it up..you know the drill
Ano infuriating so it is🤬 wish one of the Tim reporters wid actually ask real questions about it but like how has the everyone anyone campaign done??how many have they re-educated?? Because we all know the number Is fuckin zero

I need to be careful how I word this as it's a sensitive subject but if I word it wrongly no offense is intended...
My point - I don't really understand how any minority, be they racial, sexual, religious or any individuals who've suffered from oppression or hatred through stereotypes can support that club.
Everybody knows their culture is based on hatred of folk "different" to them so why would people who've suffered that shite for centuries support such an outfit?
I read last week Jermain Defoe saying how much he enjoyed learning about the history and kulture of ranjurs from Jimmy Bell and the ibrokes dinner ladies. You can't discuss the history and kulture of them without mentioning rabid hatred, intolerance and religious bigotry. I'm sure Defoe has suffered from the minds of backward thinkers in his life so I'd have thought their kulture might be a bit offensive to him 🤷‍♂️

Back