Tactical Voting in Scottish Parliamentary Elections – Why Green is the Colour for a Pro-Independence Majority

Essentially unelected? Oh i see, you mean cos a lot of Scots don't like them. However i think you'll find its the whole of the UK that counts. We are not independent mate.
The Conservative party have been nothing more than an afterthought in Scotland for more than 70 years Stevie. The Labour party has clearly deteriorated to the point that it struggles to come third. The Scottish people do not want either of them, and yet they are forced on us by virtue of what the voters in three other country's want. I think you said before you feel Scotland is no more than a region of the UK. The majority of people absolutely disagree with that. This for me, is the crux of the matter. I'm a Scotsman, I want my country to have COMPLETE control of our destiny. I want my granweans to have something we've never had, I want them and their fellow Scots to have absolute control of their lives. As always, I respect your right to think otherwise.

The Conservative party have been nothing more than an afterthought in Scotland for more than 70 years Stevie. The Labour party has clearly deteriorated to the point that it struggles to come third. The Scottish people do not want either of them, and yet they are forced on us by virtue of what the voters in three other country's want. I think you said before you feel Scotland is no more than a region of the UK. The majority of people absolutely disagree with that. This for me, is the crux of the matter. I'm a Scotsman, I want my country to have COMPLETE control of our destiny. I want my granweans to have something we've never had, I want them and their fellow Scots to have absolute control of their lives. As always, I respect your right to think otherwise.
Don't want to be a stickler Frank, but it's two other countries and a gerrymandered statelet.

The majority of the people voted no last time. I'm also proud to be Scottish but i personally don't think we will be better off as an independent nation Frank. I feel the hate of Westminster and indeed of the English clouds some peoples thinking. The yes voters cry that we were lied to last time. I think that's not the case. The SNP would like you to believe Scotland would be welcome with open arms to rejoin the EU. That is far from true. If you check the criteria to join you'll realise i tell the truth. Just my take on things and i respect your opinion mate.

The majority of the people voted no last time. I'm also proud to be Scottish but i personally don't think we will be better off as an independent nation Frank. I feel the hate of Westminster and indeed of the English clouds some peoples thinking. The yes voters cry that we were lied to last time. I think that's not the case. The SNP would like you to believe Scotland would be welcome with open arms to rejoin the EU. That is far from true. If you check the criteria to join you'll realise i tell the truth. Just my take on things and i respect your opinion mate.
I dont hate the English my son stays in England with his English girlfriend, hate the fucking tories as they hate everyone who is not a tory, including the English who do not vote them.
I don't think the SNP are misleading anyone on the EU. oi believe they stated they will state their case that it was never their intention to leave and it was not a Scottish Gov who took them out,
have to believe ibdependance will provide a better future, for the one we have been brought up in and continue with has been absoloute shite under tories.
Thatcher murdered protesters
Thatcher took milk from school kids
And Boris is an absoloute prick of a guy and wee Ross up here is a Knobend. Thats enough for me for now. HH Steviebhoy nothing against any race of people, culture or politics as long as they are not forced upon us like Brexit shambles. Democracy conquers all.

I dont hate the English my son stays in England with his English girlfriend, hate the fucking tories as they hate everyone who is not a tory, including the English who do not vote them.
I don't think the SNP are misleading anyone on the EU. oi believe they stated they will state their case that it was never their intention to leave and it was not a Scottish Gov who took them out,
have to believe ibdependance will provide a better future, for the one we have been brought up in and continue with has been absoloute shite under tories.
And Boris is an absoloute prick of a guy and wee Ross up here is a Knobend. Thats enough for me for now. HH Steviebhoy nothing against any race of people, culture or politics as long as they are not forced upon us like Brexit shambles. Democracy conquers all.
Yes but as i said before Boab. The majority said no just a few years ago. So much for democracy 😒. Oh and the majority of the UK(which we're part of) wanted to leave the EU.

As I say Stevie, I respect your right to hold an opinion, but as someone who is active in the yes movement I can truthfully say I don't know anyone who hates the English people. Not one.

Where does your son stay in the holy land 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 boab. Anywhere near me?? Could meet up for a pint at the George and dragon!! 😁😁😁

Democracy does not end with no if things change and brexit changed plaenty.
Spot on Boab, Brexit and that clown Boris are game changers. When people voted no we were still in Europe and Boris was still just a right wing wet dream. Would people have voted no if they knew it meant Brexit and Boris?
Westminster won't decide if we have another referendum we will.
Once in a lifetime vote? Says who? Not fuckin me. Westminster has no mandate to tell us what we can and can't do.

As I say Stevie, I respect your right to hold an opinion, but as someone who is active in the yes movement I can truthfully say I don't know anyone who hates the English people. Not one.
I hear it all the time Frank. Mainly at work. We all have opinions and the world would be a bad place if we didn't voice them. I'm very aware that the vast majority of posters on here are Nationalists. That's fine. We all have our views.

I hear it all the time Frank. Mainly at work. We all have opinions and the world would be a bad place if we didn't voice them. I'm very aware that the vast majority of posters on here are Nationalists. That's fine. We all have our views.
Stevie, Rationalists, I have lived under a Westminister run gov all my life and the only thing that changes is the flies on the shite. Would never have believed a labour government and politcians would turn their back on their principles and revael themselves as no different from what is in charge, Sir Keir Starmer and Westminister forget it. Rather piss in the direction the winds coming from than trust whats available down south to represent us Scots.

Last edited:

I was a nationalist from the day I watched braveheart till the day I made my 1st English friend. Then I realised that the hatred....and there is genuine hatred in scotland for English people, I've fallen out with people over it (had to, my partner and 2 daughters are english) is only 1 way. English people care about the Scots the same way they care about the Spanish or Italian or Australian in that they don't care at all. In the whole they want to work, earn for their families and get on with life the best they can. A bit like scottish people really. People have their own reasons for wanting independence and that's fine. But hatred towards the English is definitely one of the reasons IMO. Not all English people are crusaders, invaders, racist and bad people. Quite a few of them are actually good people.

Don't know the facts but if we weren't important to England they would not have worked so dam hard to keep us, the last independent vote, all the ministers coming up the day before the election lying to us. What's important to England money. So we must be able to finance ourselves.

I was a nationalist from the day I watched braveheart till the day I made my 1st English friend. Then I realised that the hatred....and there is genuine hatred in scotland for English people, I've fallen out with people over it (had to, my partner and 2 daughters are english) is only 1 way. English people care about the Scots the same way they care about the Spanish or Italian or Australian in that they don't care at all. In the whole they want to work, earn for their families and get on with life the best they can. A bit like scottish people really. People have their own reasons for wanting independence and that's fine. But hatred towards the English is definitely one of the reasons IMO. Not all English people are crusaders, invaders, racist and bad people. Quite a few of them are actually good people.
I have met English people and there is none that I didn’t like, Lubo. It’s Westminster we dislike. From 1707 they have treated us as second class, but what do you expect when a man born in Scotland and became James the first of England said to English Barons, that they were the victors and the Scots the losers in this unification.I curse all the Scots dukes and Barons who voted to unite with England. I am a staunch believer that every country in the world should be free and make there own destiny. Sadly, we Scots look at the States, Canada, Australia and the rest who have their freedom from England and have prospered under the influence of many a Scot. Maybe,just Maybe......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back