The greatest song ever.....

....like the title said! What's yours???

For me, doesn't get better....a student of multiple genres.....this one nails it x

Never heard of them but s good vibe like a cross between country and asian music.
See tbh I've been asked this question before and I do find it impossible to pick 1 single song/tuuunne to be king of all others.
I respect others choice in music but yours wouldnt get into my top 100 ( sorry mate 😂) .
My problem is that my body Is telling me my age but then I hear a great track from the 90s and my mind is telling me I'm still 20 something so lock up your daughters etc ( fuk that's a joke btw ) canny even joke about things ,, I obviously meant that if they're 21 plus and I'm bouncing dont introduce them to me 😂 digging maself a hole here erm....music yes.
Know what I've never been able to get my head around in all my life? People who don't bother with music , dont need it. That just blows my heid.
I mean , imagine choosing never to put a tune on ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ quite often the folk I know who are like this have brilliant big sounds set up as well but it's like an ornament , piece of furniture.
If I dont get to hear music I start to get really stressed out after a while so to choose not to listen is beyond my comprehension.
I pretty much hate ( dislike I mean hate is a powerful and strong word) chart music.
Having grown up in a family home where it was an old radio gram 😁 arguments would frequently break out about who's turn it is to play a song.
At first this was a hindrance but looking back I see thatvive taken those influences from ma and da, 2 older brothers 1 older and 1 younger sisters.
So as a result of this my music taste is widespread from my techno days, 80s pop ( I defy anyone who says there is nothing from the 80s for them a true golden age of music ) but I'll go back further than that my wee ma ( miss you ma) got me into Bryan Ferry and Roxy music, my da ( miss you da) well he introduced me to the man himself Frank Sinatra ( that may surprise some coming from a raver) but again I defy anyone who says they atent moved in some way in the pub when New York New York suddenly comes on and it instantly brings a smile to everyone's faces.
Oldest btother = the stones Beatles, Bowie clash, jam and all the usual suspects. My older sister = 80s pop .
Other brother likes the power ballads and meatloaf etc I love meatloaf RIP big man. Wee sis not so much an influence being g younger.
Right at this moment cos push comes to shove I'll put a song up and you've no doubt heard it before , the lyrical genius of Gerry Cinnamon — Lullaby

Last edited:
Never heard of them but s good vibe like a cross between country and asian music.
See tbh I've been asked this question before and I do find it impossible to pick 1 single song/tuuunne to be king of all others.
I respect others choice in music but yours wouldnt get into my top 100 ( sorry mate 😂) .
My problem is that my body I'd telling me my age but then I hear a great track from the 90s and my mind is telling me I'm still 20 something so lock up your daughters etc ( fuk that's a joke btw ) canny even joke about things ,, I obviously meant that if they're 21 plus and I'm bouncing dont introduce them to me 😂 digging maself a hole here erm....music yes.
Know what I've never been able to get my head around in all my life? People who don't bother with music , dont need it. That just blows my heid.
I mean , imagine choosing never to put a tune on ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ quite often the folk I know who are like this have brilliant big sounds set up as well but it's like an ornament , piece of furniture.
If I dont get to hear music I start to get really stressed out after a while so to choose not to listen is beyond my comprehension.
I pretty much hate ( dislike I mean hate is a powerful and strong word) chart music.
Having grown up in a family home where it was an old radio gram 😁 arguments would frequently break out about who's turn it is to play a song.
At first this was a hindrance but looking back I see thatvive taken those influences from ma and da, 2 older brothers 1 older and 1 younger sisters.
So as a result of this my music taste is widespread from my techno days, 80s pop ( I defy anyone who says there is nothing from the 80s for them a true golden age of music ) but I'll go back further than that my wee ma ( miss you ma) got me into Bryan Ferry and Roxy music, my da ( middle you da) well he introduced me to the man himself Frank Sinatra ( that may surprise some coming from a raver) but again I defy anyone who says they atent moved in some way in the pub when New York New York suddenly comes on and it instantly brings a smile to everyone's faces.
Oldest btother = the stones Beatles, Bowie clash, jam and all the usual suspects. My older sister = 80s pop .
Other brother likes the power ballads and meatloaf etc I love meatloaf RIP big man. Wee sis not so much an influence being g younger.
Right at this moment cos push comes to shove I'll put a song up and you've no doubt heard it before , the lyrical genius of Gerry Cinnamon — Lullaby

P.s I know you asked for a song not a family background Haha but I think its important the reasons why certain music does it for you and others dont.
Without that upbringing it would be techno all the way , not the bass generator stuff that was so hard and fast youd have to be an athlete to dance to that for an hour just but the classic stuff

P.s I know you asked for a song not a family background Haha but I think its important the reasons why certain music does it for you and others dont.
Without that upbringing it would be techno all the way , not the bass generator stuff that was so hard and fast youd have to be an athlete to dance to that for an hour just but the classic stuff

My head is a playlist and I appreciate your response...made me chuckle

That song I posted is a beaut....as is Julie fowlis who is a Scottish national treasure along with the quebecqois who know how to play 😎💪

Check out Talisk, Farewell

Night x

Has anyone heard anything of london grammar? What an unbelievable voice she has , can hit the high and low notes very well. A brilliant band that have been around for some years and were really affected by the lockdown just as they were really making it big

My head is a playlist and I appreciate your response...made me chuckle

That song I posted is a beaut....as is Julie fowlis who is a Scottish national treasure along with the quebecqois who know how to play 😎💪

Check out Talisk, Farewell

Night x
Yes I completely get that comment " my head is a playlist" as is mine.
Pity it's all on shuffle 😁 but even when I'm not listening to music, I actually am listening to music and that's coming from the infinite free juke box in my brain.

Has anyone heard anything of london grammar? What an unbelievable voice she has , can hit the high and low notes very well. A brilliant band that have been around for some years and were really affected by the lockdown just as they were really making it big

One of the great things about London grammar is hannah reid the lead singer, not only has she an awesome voice but, if this was a band that played up to the stereotypical bands around these days, a Simon Cowell type of manager would have ditched the two Male members of the band and simply played up on Hannah's beauty.
She is incredibly stunning though instead of using her stunning looks as a free hand up, she instead plays her looks down.
That sounds daft I know , how can you play down your looks?
Well Hannah does it by not dressing in the expected ' sexy' way of most bands these days with a stunner in it.
Theres no question that her looks coupled with that voice will take her places on her own.
Not so though , this is very much a real band that all 3 write the music and lyrics.
Multi talented she also plays piano, 1 guy is the synth and electronic section, the other is guitar.
This band got me through lockdown along with the noise.
As I mentioned I'm of the 90s rave scene and a lot of their music is slow , relaxing so I often tend to look for remixes of my favs and they seem to be one of those bands that everything they produce is quality. I don't want to fill the thread with London grammar songs but if you liked the one above , I'd recommend you have a listen to ' oh woman oh man' and ' non believer' and from there you'll find your own way

Is it really possible to pick a greatest song ever? I'm not so sure about that.
Music is very much about moods and your mood changes constantly so a song I might think is the goat might not be later that week or even later that day.
I'm just grateful for being able to hear it, but say pink floyd for example, they have so many truly awesome songs that I would struggle to name my favourite floyd song .
Especially when I havent heard a certain song for a while and it hits the spot for my mood at the time.
Aye not easy to pick an all time favourite for a band like floyd never mind a song for the ages.
I will admit though when Leicester won the league and had a tenor in the stadium singing Nessun Dorma I think I had a wee lump in my throat and watery eyes watching that with the hairs on my arms standing up as well. That was great.
Then theres the issue of being at a gig with live music on the go.
That changes everything, just being there and feeling the vibrations of the instruments go right through you, cannot beat being at a live bands performance. Probably easier to name s greatest album than song. Bob Marley's legend is one such album that all tracks are winners.

Back