The official Papal conspiracy thread.

The Cluj CL qualification game at Celtic Park caused severe trauma within Celtic Nation. I felt bitter and cheated at the time and cannot shake the suspicion it was a thrown game. As time has passed this suspicion has only increased.
IMO the team was deliberately setup for failure with Calmac at right back. Yes Boli had some shakey games but there was also a lot of stuff planted in the media about Lenny not trusting him or big Jullien. I remember somebody, maybe Phil or The Celtic Blog quoting 'insider sources' that Jullien was shite and a waste of the fee. Both players have since more than justified their fees and Johnny Hayes has also proven capable at left back.
Despite the team being setup for failure they were in danger of winning the game until Broonie's inexplicable handball. For a game to be thrown at least some senior players need to be in the know. Now I know it's a serious thing to be questioning Broonie's integrity in any way but he's the textbook team player and professional and if given an order from above he would be sure to do his duty.
So what would be gained by throwing the game? I believe the board decided that the team was more likely to perform better in the Europa and assemble results which would improve the coefficient. Which has happened. Add this to Sevco's expected participation and there was a chance of an extra CL place. Again this looks like happening.
Sevco's car crash business plan is dependent on CL qualification ASAP and they aren't getting there by winning the league any time soon. Anyone who doesn't believe Lawwell and the Tories on the board aren't in contact with people on the Sevco board is naive IMO.
So why would the board want to throw this lifeline to Sevco? Check out the 5 year performance of Celtic shares. They have trebled in value since 2015. Player sales and CL revenue is a factor in that but Sevco's presence in the premiership is also a major factor. If there's one thing we know about Desmond and the board it's that their motivation is more the love of money than the love of Celtic. Sevco are here to stay if our board have anything to do with it. Look at how they turned a blind eye to Rangers' corrupt CL participation. They were throwing them a lifeline then and that's why they won't pursue Resolution 12.

Broony throwing a game??? Bollocks, IMO. However, going to games in the late'90s with my brother and his wife radio snyde was on during the journey. David Murray used to "while I was talking to Fergus....." OR Fergus was on the radio " When I was discussing this David..,... ". Both clubs profit from the rivalry between sets of supporters. Both boards are in the job of making money( you wouldn't t think so looking at sevco) but collusion to the extent your talking about is, IMO, bollocks.
Another conspiracy theory,Santa does not exist!!!!!

Broony throwing a game??? Bollocks, IMO. However, going to games in the late'90s with my brother and his wife radio snyde was on during the journey. David Murray used to "while I was talking to Fergus....." OR Fergus was on the radio " When I was discussing this David..,... ". Both clubs profit from the rivalry between sets of supporters. Both boards are in the job of making money( you wouldn't t think so looking at sevco) but collusion to the extent your talking about is, IMO, bollocks.

Bottom line is, Would we be as big a world institution as we are now if it wasnt for our rivalry with them?

Last edited:
Absolutely!

What Celtic has achieved is in spite of them, not because of them.

By they way, "Them" died a few years ago, this mob are the equivalent of a three-legged donkey replacing Tir na Nog.

I guess we will never know but our mutual hatred and percieved religious divide, has no doubt become 0point of reference the world over and one to which strangers in foreign lands identify us with. wherever I've been the world and mentioned Celtic, the reply more than often is "ah..is that the Catholic team?"

I guess we will never know but our mutual hatred and percieved religious divide, has no doubt become 0point of reference the world over and one to which strangers in foreign lands identify us with. wherever I've been the world and mentioned Celtic, the reply more than often is "ah..is that the Catholic team?"
That's how the media portrayed it to the world, Docco...........nothing moves copy like a good bit of hatred.

Sure, I would guess that the significant majority of our support would identify with Catholicism, but it is not the overwhelming majority as portrayed by the media.

The immediate comparison can be drawn to Spurs who are referred to as the Jewish team (often by themselves). In what way do Spurs represent themselves as Jewish other than by having a few celebrity fans and financial backers with a background in Judaism?

I am Catholic, but it is not my defining characteristic. The fact that I support Celtic is incidental.

That's how the media portrayed it to the world, Docco...........nothing moves copy like a good bit of hatred.

Sure, I would guess that the significant majority of our support would identify with Catholicism, but it is not the overwhelming majority as portrayed by the media.

The immediate comparison can be drawn to Spurs who are referred to as the Jewish team (often by themselves). In what way do Spurs represent themselves as Jewish other than by having a few celebrity fans and financial backers with a background in Judaism?

I am Catholic, but it is not my defining characteristic. The fact that I support Celtic is incidental.

As we know, you are born into Celtic regardless of creed or faith but IMO I still maintain that love it or hate it, our standing in the grand scheme of things would be lesser if it wasn't for the O##F### tag, ironically created many years ago and promoted by both clubs to their financial benefit
All that aside, we have now left them in our wake and have no use for them or any incarnation that they have now adopted 👍

Last edited:
Back