The Rangers v 8IAR Champions, Celtic - Sunday 12 May - all comments here

Cheers Maria (y)(y) I've not been well, but I'm actually getting back to normal now (god willing - I come over all superstitious when it comes to this stuff).. I was actually feeling much better ... until today. Nah, there's more important things than fitba. Health being one of them. I hope you're well too mate, other than having to watch that today.

Im winning pal. Say a prayer for you tonight. Am sure my big pal can help you out.

Great to hear from you Sam. Chin up n one foot in front of the other ??

When you look at CalMac, you see a top quality player playing with low confidence - his passing is off a bit, he's not as intense or driven. I know the players will never say a word against Lennon (rightfully) or Snake, but Snake leaving in the manner that he did would've been a dagger in that lad's heart. That was his mentor.

When you look at CalMac, you see a top quality player playing with low confidence - his passing is off a bit, he's not as intense or driven. I know the players will never say a word against Lennon (rightfully) or Snake, but Snake leaving in the manner that he did would've been a dagger in that lad's heart. That was his mentor.
Bain, Ajer, Jozo, calmac and Brown and Hayes. None hid, but the rest looked like the confidence you talk of was lacking. Burke hid. Edouard looked missing his baws and Mikey needed 10 games at home before being asked to go back to Ibrox

I think our best spells of form this season coincided with Christie being fit and getting a game. Without him we've struggled
and huffed & puffed too many times when we should have comfortably beaten poorer opponents. I think he was a big miss today as our midfield was totally over-ran by a hungrier sevco.

Piss poor performance today, the new club were up for it big time, I don't think sending the zombie off for elbowing Broonie off would have made much difference the way we played, although Clancy should check his rule book, he is a clown btw.
The only crumb of comfort we can take away from today is if Dermot thinks that we can stroll away with the league next season with that side then he is kidding himself on, I think he will see changes to a tired looking side are needed, I'm hopeful/sure he won't let us down.
We receive the trophy next week and make more history the week after at hampden, this won't spoil my season.

All the negatives we should be concerned about have already mentioned here among the posters, and the one about fitness, that is a real concern and has not appeared to be quite the same since Rodgers backroom went.
However, lets not forget that the autumn under Rodgers was as bad to watch several times, no real goal threat, looked like we could not buy a goal, RC changed that!
Lenny thinks it's a striker we need, but I see a midfield that when up against any press having wide gaps and disconnected. Broony is a legend, but he is getting on and no longer has the legs to carry others like toljan today.

Remember how we looked like Celtic for that patch when Broony was rested because of injury, we connected and fired, we really miss Christie and the combo of him and Mac and a fit Rogic, so we really need at least 2 new midfielders, one like Broony and another Christie for back up or first choice.

As already mentioned, the only positive is - what should have been obvious for a while now is now clear to all, any result today would have papered over the needs and possibly too cautious a mind set and signings happen.

The pressure on PL is now massive to sign at least a couple of big players. To be fair to him, the manager is a bit of a catch 22, hire someone else and he'll know it may need months to get right, so to Hire Lenny for Celtic win-10-in-a-row seems to be the safe and obvious!
but if so then Lenny needs serious assistance, a high profile and proven coach, not with respect learners like duff and kennedy and looks like a new top fitness and conditioning manager.

Last edited:
Piss poor performance today, the new club were up for it big time, I don't think sending the zombie off for elbowing Broonie off would have made much difference the way we played, although Clancy should check his rule book, he is a clown btw.
The only crumb of comfort we can take away from today is if Dermot thinks that we can stroll away with the league next season with that side then he is kidding himself on, I think he will see changes to a tired looking side are needed, I'm hopeful/sure he won't let us down.
We receive the trophy next week and make more history the week after at hampden, this won't spoil my season.
We receive the trophy next week and (if) make more history the week after at hampden, this won't spoil my season.

I think our best spells of form this season coincided with Christie being fit and getting a game. Without him we've struggled
and huffed & puffed too many times when we should have comfortably beaten poorer opponents. I think he was a big miss today as our midfield was totally over-ran by a hungrier sevco.
They played 3 in the middle again, up against Brown and McGregor. We had 4 players beyond their middle 3 in Burke, Mikey, Rogic and Frenchy Eddy.
They had a narrow front 3 and only Kent drifted.
We could have just matched the formation. Problem is had we played that way Eddy and Rogic could have played in behind but we had no real striker to play point.
Until today I didn't think we needed a striker but we do. We need a Sutton type and we need to narrow our front line and play 3 in central midfield to match them.

Lennon is telling us that the players are tired and jaded and we know they have played more games than anybody else but surely with winning the league and playing your bitter rivals for the last time one
Would Hope that the stamina, skill and determination to beat the Huns would be on show today but what we got was a gutles, futile and heartless display which not only gave the manky mob strength for next season but has given the Edinburgh Huns belief that they will beat this tired team in the next two games. This mismatch and defeat against Hearts might prove costly to Lenny and some players. So, come on Bhoys, get a grip and go make HISTORY. Hail, Hail,??

NL has things to learn, today proved it. If it was a nothing game it was for us to win. If it had any sort of influence on next year,, it was for us to win. To have such an abundance of money and to aim so low shows the desire of PL. Neil Bailed us out, PL sold us out

All the negatives we should be concerned about have already mentioned here among the posters, and the one about fitness, that is a real concern and has not appeared to be quite the same since Rodgers backroom went.
However, lets not forget that the autumn under Rodgers was as bad to watch several times, no real goal threat, looked like we could not buy a goal, RC changed that!
Lenny thinks it's a striker we need, but I see a midfield that when up against any press having wide gaps and disconnected. Broony is a legend, but he is getting on and no longer has the legs to carry others like toljan today.

Remember how we looked like Celtic for that patch when Broony was rested because of injury, we connected and fired, we really miss Christie and the combo of him and Mac and a fit Rogic, so we really need at least 2 new midfielders, one like Broony and another Christie for back up or first choice..

Absolutely agree. I think we had to play Broony today obviously and he was by no means the worst player, but the reality is that our best team, a team that scored 20 goals in 5 domestic games, won the league cup and beat RB Leipzig, was for the most part: Gordon (you can exclude for Bain now), Lustig (yes, we need a new right back), Boyata, Benkovic, Tierney, McGregor, Christie, Rogic, Sinclair, Forrest, Edouard. That was the Celtic team that played the best football this season.

Rogic is a great footballer, but can't remember any other player that needs so many games to get back up to match-fitness after an injury. He was a passenger for too much of today. So for Lenny to pick both him and the lightweight Mikey together in the hurly burly of an away derby game I thought before kickoff was a poor decision.

Rogic is a great footballer, but can't remember any other player that needs so many games to get back up to match-fitness after an injury. He was a passenger for too much of today. So for Lenny to pick both him and the lightweight Mikey together in the hurly burly of an away derby game I thought before kickoff was a poor decision.
Agreed. I can't think why a 26 year-old takes so long to get back to fitness. He seems to need months though after those months his ability makes it worth the wait.

And there was me thinking the December game was a fluke......but it's now crystal clear that too many of these players lack the bottle and the fight to go to that midden and perform.

It was a pathetic display, no heart, no fight, no energy, no creativity and no fucking clue how to get themselves back into the game. To be second best in every department to that rabble of no marks is a disgrace. You would have thought they'd have learned a lesson after the Dec 29th game but nope!

Also what the fuck was Lenny thinking starting Mikey Johnston? The bhoy hasn't got near the starting 11 in months yet he decides to just throw him in at Ibrox, ridiculous decision as was chasing the bhoy Weah on the eve of a game like this.

Sorry to say this and I know it's going to be seen as a knee-jerk reaction by some but if Lenny gets the manager's gig on a permanent basis then we're in danger of chucking 9IAR away never mind the 10.

There's a reason all the hacks and pundits are clamouring for Lenny to get the job and it's not because they've suddenly had a Damascene conversion where Neil Francis Lennon as a coach or a person is concerned, it's because they see his appointment as the Sevvie mob's best hope of stopping the 9 and quite frankly so do I. No doubt Lenny is a Celtic legend but that DOESN'T make him the best choice for the next manager and it's about time we stopped letting sentiment override logic on this subject.

Time for DD, Lawell and the gang to step up!

Members online

Latest posts

Back