The Rangers vs. CELTIC - All Comments here

This what I dont get. When teams are employing that tactic why dont we punt a few balls direct in behind them to make them think twice, (think Watt against Barca) yet we continualy throw or kick the ball to a defender who passes it to someone with the opposition breathing down his neck forcing him into a rushed pass or a panicky backpass to CG. Fucking sort it out Brendan.
Think it has to do with the fact we don't have anyone able to hold the ball up and today there wasn't anyone high enough to play a ball over them and the midfield couldn't hold onto the ball to make that pass

Gordon 8 _ his distribution was piss due completely to the system. 4-0 without him.

Mcg 8 _ defended well and worked hard. Tried to push forward when he could.

Benkovic 6 _ he was ok and good on the ball but goes off injured. If he stays on manager can change the game with subs.
Ajer 5_ too negative.

Boyata 4 _ seen it before. Pressure on against them and he buckles.

Lustig 3 _ past his best. Should have been a back up last year never mind now. Why have we allowed it to go this far.
Ralston 6_ tried hard. Probably should have started.

Forrest 5_ worked hard but what can you do up top when the wing back is parked out the game.

Brown 5_ crowded out. I know moaning is going on but if the CBs and allow the other team to push up he is useless. Back to goal player in your own half? Not for me.

Christie 5_ pressed and worked but found himself alone too often.

Ntcham_4 always has nice touches and moments but spent too long behind McCrorie-hiding- so lustig had no options.

Sinclair 4_asleep. Back to goal isn't his game. No link up up.

Johnstone 4_ poor kid was isolated.
Eddy ?? Did he touch the ball.

Brendan 5_ unlucky that some bhoys didn't turn up but we needed better setup. Guys out of position was poor.

We will recover no problem.
I expect 4 new guys in the window. 3 1st team. Push away from them. Heads up bhoys. We have seen worse and remember, they had to have a win at some point.

I am a great admirer of SB,I thought he would have shown his true grit
today, unfortunately it did not surface.
He too will be concerned about his role in Celtic.

2nd best today, very disappointing, BR and the recruitment team need an excellent transfer window in Jan to really get a grips of this league. Top of the table proves we have been the best so far, but the league is not won in December. Time to earn your money Brendan!! And let’s see if this ridiculous bonus is deserved Peter! Still in a strong postion, let’s not throw it away Bhoys.

We reach the winter break with a credible title challenge due mainly to us getting significantly worse rather than others getting significantly better. Second half of the season needs considerable improvement on AND off the pitch, including those responsible for giving the manage the players he wants to improve us.

1. Gordon can’t play passes out with his feet. Today he either gave possession to them, put our defenders under pressure or kicked the ball out of the park. Same as at Pittodrie on Wednesday. If the manager wants to keep playing from the back we need another keeper, or give Bain more games. Look for a long term replacement by the summer window at the latest.
2. McGregor has been our best player this season. In midfield, especially deep lying midfielder (he was even our best player today at left back). Playing as deep lying playmaker the team as a whole are better, not just him personally. Play him there for the rest of the season.
3. I won’t say Brown’s finished, but he can’t play 2 games a week anymore. He should remain club captain but be back up to McGregor. If he wants to leave then let him.
4. For Celtic to go to Ibrox without a fit striker, and to have to have relied on a 20 year old since August is a disgrace. You could even say it’s a sackable offence for whoever is reponsible for this to happen.
5. Lustig is finished. The goal today was an embarassment for an experienced, international right back.
6. We need a first team ready Striker (not Weah), Right Back and Centre Half in the next week to give them time to integrate into the squad in Dubai. If we strengthen other areas to give us more squad options in addition to those three positions then great.
7. Our away form is an embarassment. The blame for that lies with the manager. His tinkering, playing weakened teams and playing tactics we don’t have the players to play has resulted in 4 defeats and 3 draws, that’s 18 dropped points out of 33. Away form needs to improve dramatically, we have 8 away games after the winter break including at all 4 grounds we have lost at. We need 6 wins minimum.

I agree with Commons. Broonys days of playing twice a week are over. BR should have seen his captain was not at the races today and hooked him or better still not picked him to spare his blushes. That decision cost us the game imho. No room for sentimentality.

I agree with Commons. Broonys days of playing twice a week are over. BR should have seen his captain was not at the races today and hooked him or better still not picked him to spare his blushes. That decision cost us the game imho. No room for sentimentality.
Honestly think we picked him cause we bought into the idea we needed bite today. We need composure and a good touch. Quick thinking. Brown is still a good player bit just not when the opposition play in such a high press.

Well that was a total fvck up of a game, Big Gordon's got his critics but he stopped us from getting a pumping today. The huns goal who the fvck was watching for Ross coming from DEEP, no cvnt picking up the runner FFS.

Where was our midfield today, probably thinking about their 2 weeks in Dubai or wherever they're going.

Moreless, what dirty petulant wee cvnt. He caused the HT troubles in Tartan Towers, wee TRFC 2012 supporting mate made a comment that my daughter took offence to & it all kicked off. I missed it but had tae eject the daughter tae the kitchen. She did apologise for her behaviour, but punching someone was totally out of order. HAIL HAIL ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ Winter break nae footie ARRRRRRGH

Words .... fail me !!!!!
Indeed, everyone hates getting beat by scum but overall we have the better squad and we need a strong recruitment drive in January to bring in quality. Bad day, but keep the chin up buddy, we will get stronger!

Some fans on here are as deluded as the huns we have been poor for last 12 month nothing much been added to squad imo brendan to blame hes making too many mistakes in games that is one of the worst performances since the bad old days of the 90s fans giving brendan an easy ride and who was it that said nitcham was the only one trying he was fcking hopeless the whole 90 mind.

The general consensus is Morelos should have been sent off several times (up to five, I'd say) but Sevco deserved to win. How different would the game have been if they played most of it with ten men?

We were rubbish, though.

McGregor is genuinely class in midfield; don't play him at left back.

If Boyata wants to leave then so be it. He has looked very good in 90% of games this season but that 10% really cost us.

I've argued for Ralston to be given a chance but he seems to lack certain attributes, such as a first touch.

Sevco might well be thugs, aided by complicit officials, but our players lacked heart and spirit. That's not on.

One of the most shambolic displays from a Celtic team I've ever seen at Ibrox. Looked like fucking amateurs the entire 90 mins. We've lost by bigger scorelines but that performance was just shameful, calamities all over the pitch as we somehow managed to make the basics look so far beyond our capabilities that some of these guys looked like they'd struggle in Sunday league fitba.

BR once again makes unnecessary and inexplicable changes to both the personnel and the system with no rhyme or reason to it, his constant tinkering is one of the main causes for our disjointed performances and lack of consistency and it's becoming infuriating. Edouard, who created three and scored one in the previous game is left on the bench? BR chooses to go with Broony and Ntcham, who have barely played together this season, as his CM pairing while McGregor instead of being played where he's been most effective is bumped to left back even though both Tierney and Hayes are available? This lost us the opportunity to dictate the midfield, it nullified our attacking play both on the left wing and through the middle and it ultimately cost us the game. The constant chopping and changing of players, positions and the system is what leads to that type of performance as players are out of sorts and forget what they're meant to be doing from one game to the next.

That game should bring the curtain down on a few Celtic careers, some of these guys have lost it and some of them never had it in the first place and it's way past time both BR and the board realised this. No more excuses, BR needs to ditch the passengers and liabilities as well as getting rid of those on the fringes who are never going to be good enough to pull on the jersey while Lawell & Co. need to address their blinkered signing policy and start spending some serious cash on the part of the 'business' that actually makes all the rest possible, including his eye-watering bonuses!

Another rotten away result. It's like we have managed to reproduce our European away form in our home away games. The worst thing is the white flag attitude of several of the players and their apparent inability as professional football players to be able to regroup and lay siege to the opposition goal.

I don't think the jerseys have shrunk: I think they only fit some of the players after a generous application of safety pins to hide the extra material.

I don't think that Sevco was bound to win a game sometime. If the spawn of Rangers is as rotten as we think and since we have won seven trophies in a row, there is no good reason for them to ever take points off us.

I also don't think that saying we have the best squad is a good way forward. It clearly hasn't been good enough when the mass of dropped points is borne in mind. Lowell is the type of person who would be saying the squad is the best one as he thinks of the landlocked biscuit tin that his bonus is hiding in.

I hope Celtic take a bunch of mirrors to Dubai with them because the players could do with having a good look at themselves.

Members online

Back