THE UTTER STATE OF IT

Less than 5-years ago, old worzel there shamed even the shameless in his gig as Foreign Secretary.

His one legacy of note, was that he managed to unite world leaders in condemnation of his imbecility.

Now that set of chinless, heartless and amoral wonders are about to hand him the keys to the door of Downing Street.

Sadiq Khan should declare a state of emergency in London, as this muppet is the biggest terrorist in the UK. Arlene and Nigel will be puckering up to kiss his arse and blow his trumpet for a seat at the table and the country will slip into a terminal coma.

All things considered, I can't say I'm overly disappointed, as it should be the kick in the arse we need up here to break all ties with the 4th Reich down there.

The scariest thing about that shaved fucking womble SP is that even though he has this uncanny ability to make a complete tit of himself and put his foot in it he partly plays up to that 'clownish' image because for some fucked up reason the English electorate find it endearing and he knows it.

He's like Brain from Pinky and The Brain......devious, calculating, power hungry with absolutely no principles but ultimately a fucking cartoon character who overestimates his own intelligence and cunning and winds up failing spectacularly whilst leaving a trail of destruction in his wake!

Brain.jpg

The scariest thing about that shaved fucking womble SP is that even though he has this uncanny ability to make a complete tit of himself and put his foot in it he partly plays up to that 'clownish' image because for some fucked up reason the English electorate find it endearing and he knows it.

He's like Brain from Pinky and The Brain......devious, calculating, power hungry with absolutely no principles but ultimately a fucking cartoon character who overestimates his own intelligence and cunning and winds up failing spectacularly whilst leaving a trail of destruction in his wake!

View attachment 3232

You only have one life. I was born in Scotland in 1957 and left it in 1986 aged 29. I emigrated to New Zealand and have loved it here. Ask yourself if you are a young person, - where in the world do you want to bring up your family. Do as I did and look at the world map carefully. If you could live anywhere to bring up your children would Scotland be your first choice? If so I 'd love to know your reason. Perhaps it's all you know. Don't just complain -do something. For over 30 years I have never bumped my gums about Torys, Blair, Brexit or Indy. Don't simply accept the status quo. Why not emigrate to New Zealand? If you have a skill or trade and want to work you will find a job.

You only have one life. I was born in Scotland in 1957 and left it in 1986 aged 29. I emigrated to New Zealand and have loved it here. Ask yourself if you are a young person, - where in the world do you want to bring up your family. Do as I did and look at the world map carefully. If you could live anywhere to bring up your children would Scotland be your first choice? If so I 'd love to know your reason. Perhaps it's all you know. Don't just complain -do something. For over 30 years I have never bumped my gums about Torys, Blair, Brexit or Indy. Don't simply accept the status quo. Why not emigrate to New Zealand? If you have a skill or trade and want to work you will find a job.
There was a tonne of work over there after that earthquake years ago.Always got emails asking if i would be interested in going to Christchurch.The thing that stopped me at the time was my mrs has a good job and wasn't for giving it up.Wish i gave Australia a go years ago when my mate asked me to go.

There was a tonne of work over there after that earthquake years ago.Always got emails asking if i would be interested in going to Christchurch.The thing that stopped me at the time was my mrs has a good job and wasn't for giving it up.Wish i gave Australia a go years ago when my mate asked me .
Lots of Scots emigrate and very few ever regret it. Living here and watching Celtic TV is a best of both worlds scenario. I'm just waiting for Star Trek like teleportation to make it ideal. "Beam me to Celtic Park Scotty"

Lots of Scots emigrate and very few ever regret it. Living here and watching Celtic TV is a best of both worlds scenario. I'm just waiting for Star Trek like teleportation to make it ideal. "Beam me to Celtic Park Scotty"
haha ?

Where there's hope - there is life.

For all of it's failings (and there are many), there is still much to be said for the potential of Scotland.

The heavy industries may be confined to history, but there is a vast array of natural resources at our fingertips and these can be utilised to create clean energy, arable farming, animal husbandry, timber production and a sustainable tourism industry.

With some external investment, there is a willing workforce who can be put to labour at reasonable rates of return and there is a further will among a fair proportion of our people to determine our own future in separation from our island neighbours.

I'm sure that there will be further influence exerted by Europe; however - that would still be preferable to governance by Parliament which has no concern for our prosperity or wellbeing.

To leave would be to forfeit our land and our birthright. To yield would be to accept that we are no more Scottish than those who wish to govern us from a distance. It would be tantamount to treason and absolute surrender.

In the event of independence, there will be years of austerity and uncertainty. There will be no overnight remedy, but there will be a determination to ensure that when we pass our country on to future generations- we will have done our part in preserving Scotland and it's ancient history.

There is much to change in Scotland. Attitudes that have been reinforced since the reformation are antiquated and have no place in a modern society, but the population is changing too. There are proud Scots born of Indo-Pak, Eastern Asian, Central/Eastern European, African, Irish and other British extraction. Different Faiths, cultures and ethnicities, but proud Scots nonetheless.

To leave that all behind would be a wasted opportunity to potentially enforce change and the modernisation of a Scotland which can prosper well into the future.

I don't grudge anyone the opportunity to explore their own ambitions. I hope that many proud Scots leave their footprint in other parts of the globe, but I feel that I have to stand guard and protect the rights of Scots to self-govern and be self-sustainable.

Perhaps not in my lifetime, but if we want to leave a legacy behind for our young folk - a healthy and happy country would be a pretty decent inheritance.

For all of it's failings (and there are many), there is still much to be said for the potential of Scotland.

The heavy industries may be confined to history, but there is a vast array of natural resources at our fingertips and these can be utilised to create clean energy, arable farming, animal husbandry, timber production and a sustainable tourism industry.

With some external investment, there is a willing workforce who can be put to labour at reasonable rates of return and there is a further will among a fair proportion of our people to determine our own future in separation from our island neighbours.

I'm sure that there will be further influence exerted by Europe; however - that would still be preferable to governance by Parliament which has no concern for our prosperity or wellbeing.

To leave would be to forfeit our land and our birthright. To yield would be to accept that we are no more Scottish than those who wish to govern us from a distance. It would be tantamount to treason and absolute surrender.

In the event of independence, there will be years of austerity and uncertainty. There will be no overnight remedy, but there will be a determination to ensure that when we pass our country on to future generations- we will have done our part in preserving Scotland and it's ancient history.

There is much to change in Scotland. Attitudes that have been reinforced since the reformation are antiquated and have no place in a modern society, but the population is changing too. There are proud Scots born of Indo-Pak, Eastern Asian, Central/Eastern European, African, Irish and other British extraction. Different Faiths, cultures and ethnicities, but proud Scots nonetheless.

To leave that all behind would be a wasted opportunity to potentially enforce change and the modernisation of a Scotland which can prosper well into the future.

I don't grudge anyone the opportunity to explore their own ambitions. I hope that many proud Scots leave their footprint in other parts of the globe, but I feel that I have to stand guard and protect the rights of Scots to self-govern and be self-sustainable.

Perhaps not in my lifetime, but if we want to leave a legacy behind for our young folk - a healthy and happy country would be a pretty decent inheritance.
Well said SP

Well put SP, my work took me to the 4 points on the globe (Yes, the earth is round) and have settled in Asia. I agree with you that home is were you are happiest and feel you belong.

Well said SP
Well put SP, my work took me to the 4 points on the globe (Yes, the earth is round) and have settled in Asia. I agree with you that home is were you are happiest and feel you belong.
Both of you lads, along with the good Doctor (and many others besides) are all great examples of proud Scots who are spreading a bit of Scottish spirit and sunshine around the world.

You have found your own bit of paradise and your adopted countries are lucky to have you within their fabric.

You can take the man/woman out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the man/woman.

I haven't been taking nips out of the huns neverending supply of deludamol and I am fully aware of the historical obstacles many of us have to overcome, but like my Father and Mother when they left their own home. There's still a small part that stays behind and never leaves, just like that small part you all carry around with you and that never leaves either.

There have been several "sliding doors" moments I have faced myself over the years, but either my spirit or my inclination was weak and I never followed that particular set of stars.

Every now and then, I give myself pause for thinking of what might have been - but then I'll look over the Tay, or visit some natural beauty and count my blessings that I stayed in this stupid, bigoted but beautiful wee country.

Tommy has German shepherds in Thailand who no doubt have a lick of the daft Scot about them.

Dil has a family who have embraced their life in a faraway land, but who will always know there is another home for them here if they ever choose to come back.

Lubo and Lemon's wee girls may speak with different accents, but they'll never be allowed to forget where they partly originate from (and they're already showing signs of the "gallus" Scots).

The Irish and Scots diaspora reaches far and wide and long may it continue - but some of us have to stay and keep the home fires burning in case one day you all decide to come back.

An independent country for our young folk would also be grand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back