THE UTTER STATE OF IT

Both of you lads, along with the good Doctor (and many others besides) are all great examples of proud Scots who are spreading a bit of Scottish spirit and sunshine around the world.

You have found your own bit of paradise and your adopted countries are lucky to have you within their fabric.

You can take the man/woman out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the man/woman.

I haven't been taking nips out of the huns neverending supply of deludamol and I am fully aware of the historical obstacles many of us have to overcome, but like my Father and Mother when they left their own home. There's still a small part that stays behind and never leaves, just like that small part you all carry around with you and that never leaves either.

There have been several "sliding doors" moments I have faced myself over the years, but either my spirit or my inclination was weak and I never followed that particular set of stars.

Every now and then, I give myself pause for thinking of what might have been - but then I'll look over the Tay, or visit some natural beauty and count my blessings that I stayed in this stupid, bigoted but beautiful wee country.

Tommy has German shepherds in Thailand who no doubt have a lick of the daft Scot about them.

Dil has a family who have embraced their life in a faraway land, but who will always know there is another home for them here if they ever choose to come back.

Lubo and Lemon's wee girls may speak with different accents, but they'll never be allowed to forget where they partly originate from (and they're already showing signs of the "gallus" Scots).

The Irish and Scots diaspora reaches far and wide and long may it continue - but some of us have to stay and keep the home fires burning in case one day you all decide to come back.

Lovely post, SP. (y)

An independent country for our young folk would also be grand.
I think the word "sustainable" is key here. We are all proud but that shouldn't mean we want indipendance at ANY cost. I've heard bullshit about Scotland remaining in the EU. It WON'T happen. We need to prove for years that we can stand on our own feet before consideration. It requires a unanimous vote and that won't happen cos Spain don't want to encourage splitting in their own country.
Just sayin?

Great thread, nothing like a quintet of Tory COCKWOMBLES on telly talking pish, tae boil one's blood didn't watch it live, recorded it for watching today. Aye wur doomed I wouldn't trust any of the cvnts tae run a raffle, never mind a country.

Unfortunately they don't see Scotland as a nation, they see it as something tae exploit for it resources & have done for the last 312yrs.

Seems Boris is the bookies fav & the Conservative Partys, unfortunately Boris is the ultimate COCKWOMBLE, his fathers money payed for more than his education, Boris is not the brightest of people, money can't by you commonsense.

Thatcher tried & failed to destroy Our Scotland, this new lot of cvnts can try.

Aye, the BritScots Furtive Treasonous C**T's fae the cradle tae grave pulling Scotland down since 1707

Members online

Latest posts

Back