There Needs to be a Discussion about Madden

You wouldn’t need to make it “law” just do what the Huns do….make the allegations/points public, stand back and let the fun begin, a man that knows he’s being watch/scrutinised tends to play it straight…..

For him to jump ship at UEFA it looks like there's a good chance he's been told his card is marked.....which would suggest he's on the watch list alright...

No loss to us, or the SPFL, he'll fit right in with the lower leagues in England
Some of his decisions in the past were headshakers
Wonder who'll he'll say is his favourite team, if they ask him to disclose who he supports, as per the English referees disclosure rules
"Eh Partick Thistle"
"And you English team ?"
"Rangers...erm,eh...I mean...Queens Park Rangers !!"
Good riddance, but there'll be another 'staunch' clone, to replace him

This...for EPL referees

According to TotalSportek and Sportingfree, the salaries for EPL refs can go up to $92,000 annually. In addition to a yearly retainer that ranges between $50,700 to $55,300 and $1,500 per game. Umpires officiating international matches in the UEFA and European leagues receive up to $263,000.

Last edited:
I genuinely blv he is a new generation of biased blue nose ref..but maybe var will keep him in check
We live in hope. But sadly I fear it will be the old generation of biased bluenose refs that will be operating VAR to make sure their brothers on the pitch have not missed an opportunity.

I suspect there will be a lot of fanfare by the Scottish media in a couple of years time when Madden makes his grand return to man the VAR booths in Scotland, as if this is a great thing!

Members online

No members online now.

Back