theSevco V theChampions at Crumbledome Sun 3-Sep-2023 at 12 noon BST

Bridie Bhoy

A very interesting team selection coming up for this weekend's new Glasgow derby against the bog slurpers at the crumbling lavatory. Which of the new players will start? Assuming Mbappe doesn't sign for us before the transfer window slams shut on Friday night, I think Kyogo will lead the line and get a goal or two. Sevco will go hammer and tongs against us so we cannot have a repeat of the last couple of lethargic showings, as that would be simply unacceptable. I'd start Iwata but not sure that Brendan will - we just cannot start with O'Riley and Turnbull together.

Hart
Johnston Phillips Lagerbielke Taylor
O'Riley Iwata CalMac
Abada Kyogo Maeda
Yang to come on in the second half. I have a sneaking suspicion Turnbull might well come on and score though - even though most fans will moan about him coming on and his performance!

I'm going for a 2-1 victory to the good guys. Expect the usual shenanigans from the MIBs and VAR as they shaft us repeatedly. Cantwell will win the Tavpen with a theatrical dive and not be punished for some sleekit late kicks from behind as he plays the pretend hardman as usual.

Mon the Hoops.

Last edited:
A very interesting team selection coming up for this weekend's new Glasgow derby against the bog slurpers at the crumbling lavatory. Which of the new players will start? Assuming Mbappe doesn't sign for us before the transfer window slams shut on Friday night, I think Kyogo will lead the line and get a goal or two. Sevco will go hammer and tongs against us so we cannot have a repeat of the last couple of lethargic showings, as that would be simply unacceptable. I'd start Iwata but not sure that Brendan will - we just cannot start with O'Riley and Turnbull together.

Hart
Johnston Phillips Nawrocki Taylor
O'Riley Iwata CalMac
Abada Kyogo Maeda
Yang to come on in the second half. I have a sneaking suspicion Turnbull might well come on and score though - even though most fans will moan about him coming on and his performance!

I'm going for a 2-1 victory to the good guys. Expect the usual shenanigans from the MIBs and VAR as they shaft us repeatedly. Cantwell will win the Tavpen with a theatrical dive and not be punished for some sleekit late kicks from behind as he plays the pretend hardman as usual.

Mon the Hoops.

Back four picks itself given the injury situation but middle to front we need to mix things up as we've been dire in both areas so far this season.

Maeda drops out for me (just don't get why people rate the guy so highly, he's got a good engine that's about it, awful first touch and constantly gifts away possession). Turnbull isnae a starter for me either. Bhoy is an enigma, great one week awful the next and it seems to be a common theme with him.

This would be my starting 11....

Hart

Johnston Lagerbeilke Phillips Taylor

O'Riley CalMac Yang

Abada Kyogo Palma

Think we've got to go with a different approach from what we've seen so far....oh and ditch the Kyogo dropping back shite Rodgers cos you've nulified our biggest threat with that pish!

Gonna be a real tough test, we’re not firing on all cylinders yet, will be playing with a makeshift defence, already the hun loving MIB have made their presence felt in out last 2 games, with game changing decisions, not going our way…
I full expect more of the same, the referee will do all in his power to make sure we don’t win this one,
Best we can hope for is to escape the death dome with a draw, Rodgers has blunted our attacking game, hard to see where the goals are gonna come from, best bet would be O’Riley with a shot from outside the box

They will kick lumps oot our players with impunity, kuntwell will be diving at every opportunity, looking for free kicks and penalties and bookings, the Huns in charge of var will duly oblige
The Huns will get their customary tav-pen with new”combative” centre half Nat Philips probably being sent aff 🤷‍♂️

Gonna be a real tough test, we’re not firing on all cylinders yet, will be playing with a makeshift defence, already the hun loving MIB have made their presence felt in out last 2 games, with game changing decisions, not going our way…
I full expect more of the same, the referee will do all in his power to make sure we don’t win this one,
Best we can hope for is to escape the death dome with a draw, Rodgers has blunted our attacking game, hard to see where the goals are gonna come from, best bet would be O’Riley with a shot from outside the box

They will kick lumps oot our players with impunity, kuntwell will be diving at every opportunity, looking for free kicks and penalties and bookings, the Huns in charge of var will duly oblige
The Huns will get their customary tav-pen with new”combative” centre half Nat Philips probably being sent aff 🤷‍♂️

If we go there with the same team selection and tactics of the last few weeks then it's gonnae be a long 90+mins but I dunno mate I reckon with the right team selection (and god willing Rodgers maybe putting his ego to one side and reverting back to Ange's style for now) we could quite easily take all 3 points as they're easily got at!

Back four picks itself given the injury situation but middle to front we need to mix things up as we've been dire in both areas so far this season.

Maeda drops out for me (just don't get why people rate the guy so highly, he's got a good engine that's about it, awful first touch and constantly gifts away possession). Turnbull isnae a starter for me either. Bhoy is an enigma, great one week awful the next and it seems to be a common theme with him.

This would be my starting 11....

Hart

Johnston Lagerbeilke Phillips Taylor

O'Riley CalMac Yang

Abada Kyogo Palma

Think we've got to go with a different approach from what we've seen so far....oh and ditch the Kyogo dropping back shite Rodgers cos you've nulified our biggest threat with that pish!
Nailed it mate anything else we r fooked which given Rodgers selection history could be on the cards ....fooked that is. 🤪

Nailed it mate anything else we r fooked which given Rodgers selection history could be on the cards ....fooked that is. 🤪

Hoping he has an epiphany, puts his ego to one side, realises he's no the managerial messiah and plays to the team's strengths instead of forcing them into a system that clearly doesn't suit them or like you say we're fooked....aw naw we're fooked int we! 😂😂😂

My only concern is our lack of playing time...they've played 8 competitive and 4 high profile games we have only had 4 domestic ties
Tbh , that defence gives me the fear so hoping we go on the attack!
No idea of the team as I don't know half of them and no prediction this time

Hoping he has an epiphany, puts his ego to one side, realises he's no the managerial messiah and plays to the team's strengths instead of forcing them into a system that clearly doesn't suit them or like you say we're fooked....aw naw we're fooked int we! 😂😂😂
For sure S2 ..if Turnbull makes the starting eleven it would be ridiculous but wouldn't be surprised if he goes with him.
We go into this one still on the back foot for me.
If we get out of dodge with a point I would be more than happy to regroup and move on to hopefully a system that the players understand and can progress to.

Members online

No members online now.

Back