theSevco V theChampions at Crumbledome Sun 3-Sep-2023 at 12 noon BST

My only concern is our lack of playing time...they've played 8 competitive and 4 high profile games we have only had 4 domestic ties
Tbh , that defence gives me the fear so hoping we go on the attack!
No idea of the team as I don't know half of them and no prediction this time
My only concern is how I can talk my maw intae watching the weans so I can go celebrate after we Sunday roast that mob
Then we can all enjoy the trimmings that go with it ….
50,000 taking part in a sponsored silence is my call

I like turnbull

but he needs two hard grafters behind him to get best out of him imo.

I dont really know Phillips or Iwata tbh didnt even know we had a bloke called phillips if im honest

so assuming iwata is a grafting midfielder id have him besides calm and turnbull in front of them with kyogo up top with forrest on right wing and yang on left.

but abada and maeda are just as good as starters

and orielly starting instead of turnbull seems great too.
I think we are in a very small minority of fans who like Turnbull. Although the critics are correct when they complain about him slowing the pace down and not always contributing in the biggest games. He was more suited to Lennon's style of play.

Nat Phillips signed on loan from Liverpool on Wednesday. He broke into their starting 11 s couple of seasons back after VVD got horribly crocked and there were several other CBs out. He did really well, got injured and never recovered his place in the first team. He is highly thought of - IMO similar style to CCV.

Last edited:
Is murty working somewhere?

I actually think he was one of their better managers for most games. definately not their worst manager. just not very experienced. And considering the stepping up when nobody was interested I thought he was treated very poorly considering he didnt really have choice. but i guess thats their way of thanking him. blame him.

Agent Murty did awright.....and he's back caddying for Dermot Desmond...

Think this will be a battle. PSV grubbed them but for the first 20 they pressed high and hard. I think they will do it on Sunday.
Not particularly happy with Abada so far this season and would probably go with an extra in midfield Certainly to start.
Dont take a step back Celts
1 2
HH

Sevco will come out and try and play a high press. Maeda needs to play, tav will constantly be high , out of position. All we need to do is keep playing the ball out left to Maeda and attack them down Tav's side.
They will then revert to type and just lump long balls. They are terrible to watch. I would definitely not have Turnbull in the team, he's just to slow. He always needs a extra few seconds for his brain to work out what to do next.

Can see BR finally going three at the back. They will try to target Taylor if he plays, aerial bombardment, and for that reason I think he'll play Scales on left of a three. We also need to play Iwata beside McGregor to stiffen up the midfield and allow O'Riley to move further forward.

Hart
Philips Lagerbielke Scales
Johnston Iwata McGregor Maeda
O'Riley Yang
Kyogo

Subs Bain Ralston Taylor Turnbull Holm Abada Oh Palma Bernardo Forrest

Would take a draw, 2-2

Can see BR finally going three at the back. They will try to target Taylor if he plays, aerial bombardment, and for that reason I think he'll play Scales on left of a three. We also need to play Iwata beside McGregor to stiffen up the midfield and allow O'Riley to move further forward.

Hart
Philips Lagerbielke Scales
Johnston Iwata McGregor Maeda
O'Riley Yang
Kyogo

Subs Bain Ralston Taylor Turnbull Holm Abada Oh Palma Bernardo Forrest

Would take a draw, 2-2
Hope so Gary but I have my doubts...

So here goes. 433 imho Maeda scares the shite out of them and can also help Taylor when the huns come forward down his side...

Big Joe,

AJ Lagerbhoy Phillips Taylor.

Calmac O'Riely Iwata

Palma Kyogo Maeda..

Although if Bernard is match fit I'd start him instead of Iwata.. And I wouldn't be to upset with Abada starting instead of Palma if I'm honest...

Anyhoo 2 v 3 Celtic, Phillips Palma and Bernard to score...

Bet of the day (I know I know) Huns to get a penalty, and Hart to dive the wrong way 🤷.

Embdy else? Kyogo, Calmac? (Calmac is a portmanteau of the first three letters of our captain's first and second names, in case you were confused like.)
I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years i am well aware who Calmac is!I prefer calling him Callum though.

Members online

Latest posts

Back