Tierney Threads Merged

I find it hard to believe KT would leave before 10, but it’s not impossible. I think people should mentally prepare themselves for it. The very same certainty was voiced regarding the deselected messiah, formerly known as Brendan, before he packed his teeth whitener and departed to look after some foxes.

I have begun by preparing for the worst, whilst still hoping for the best. He embodies us all in our shirt. It would be a blow, but we have had them before and will do again. But, regardless we would regroup and move on. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen, but to be in total denial I feel sets people up for a harder fall if it does.

Celtic will probably sell KT.
I don't agree with it.
Every year the board say that the money they get ,will go to building the team up.
It never happens.
They sell the best players and replace them with 2nd class players.
We are in a position where we have more money than ever before, but its not going onto the park.
Celtic are downsizing EVERY SEASON.
One more question- When is Turnbull signing?
If it takes this long to sign ONE player, we'll be out of Europe before we get the rest of the players in.
SHOCKING.

Celtic will probably sell KT.
I don't agree with it.
Every year the board say that the money they get ,will go to building the team up.
It never happens.
They sell the best players and replace them with 2nd class players.
We are in a position where we have more money than ever before, but its not going onto the park.
Celtic are downsizing EVERY SEASON.
One more question- When is Turnbull signing?
If it takes this long to sign ONE player, we'll be out of Europe before we get the rest of the players in.
SHOCKING.

If they do sell him and don’t at least bring in a real quality replacement, then the board are treating us with contempt and as for Lowe? You can fuck right off if that’s the plan. To rip out the beating heart of the team and replace it with mediocrity would be shameful and should not be allowed to happen without calls for whoever takes that route to leave the club.

Although, having said that, let’s not get the funeral tie out just yet. The emotional tug, 10 and how he will be viewed in the future will play a bigger part than the cash. He is on around £25k a week, so he’s hardly waiting for his coupon to come up to get a bag of cans and a kebab of a Saturday night. :)

One of the things that goes against us getting what KT is worth, wether that is this year or after 10, is that in Europe he was part of a defence that regularly lost a barrowload of goals.

Here’s an idea Peter. Invest in the team and particularly the defence that allows us to improve on the Euro stage. Qualify for the CL and Kieran would shine even brighter, increasing his value whilst helping us to compete. If they are talking about a paltry £25m I see this as a way to doubling that when the day comes.

Our league is looked at as no more than a pub league. It is only in Europe that we can show we are worthy of respect. Improving us helps all round in securing resources but also being able to say he excelled in the CL. Selling him now would be a monumental mistake financially. Another two seasons in a team better equipped in Europe will only see his worth and reputation rise.

All that is trumped if he wants to go though. But if he doesn’t I would lock Lawell in a cupboard until the window shuts.

Back