To all the nay sayers and there were plenty

You shouldn't have to. Steve Clarke would have been a good choice for Celtic, and I think those who were Lenny from day 1 would agree that Clarke would have been a good fit, even if he wasn't our first choice. Clarke is an excellent coach and manager, and he had Killie punching way above their weight all season last year (look at how Killie did today and you can see the difference). No reason why he wouldn't have performed well as gaffer for Celtic as well.

Sounds like a little hyperbole there. Maybe 99.9 percent weren't hating on Lenny, but there were a significant number of people who were for Mourhino or Benitez or -- try not to laugh -- David Moyes, and who pretty much dumped on anyone who disagreed with them. Even after Lenny was hired. You can go back in this forum and find them, and it was a lot worse in the wider world of social media.

Not only this, there are still a lot of butthurt individuals out there who still complain about Lenny on Twitter and Facebook Amazingly so.

Agreed. Hail Hail.
well said Larry,ah said from day one, Lenny was the man, he started us un the road to 10, he's the man to get us there,no moonbeam manager get's it,and all those feckers who were spewin in their beer, after the the "rebel treble" saying their celebrations were ruined by the news of Lenny's appointment, well, GIRFUY!

I'm sure someone will gripe that we should have had more and that this one's a dud and that one isn't Celtic class and it's all Lawwell's fault. I find that attitude towards the team to be piss poor and that's my verdict.

The bhoys did it and did it in spades today and the freebies at the bigotdome must be shitting themselves thinking about what they have to face next month.

469612D8-F5BC-4F0C-A3E9-5F2CC68E0C91.gif

The less you expect the less you get.

I really thought the managers job was more a PL puppet thing and NL was an easy option.

ive said nothing would make me happier than seeing NL make ten. He deserves it more than any manager, apart from TB.

People crowing I called it best, wtf is that about? BIGEGO. = Big devisions. WE all have opinions. right and wrong

I thought lenny was an easy option for Pl. The go to guy that would never say no. I thought he had lost the drive, the awareness, his unwillingness to alter brendans team made me think he was devoid of ideas and confidence.

It boils my piss when BIG guys belittle others. Small guys in a big body.

We - want the best for our club. I doubt anyone of us wants anything other than NL to succeed,

I feed crows on my dog walk. Smart birds, sea gulls nick their treats. but I like crows, until they fight each other.

Andy, stevie clarke was a reasonable shout, but sectarianism turned his stomach,great coach,decent human being but he was never going to put himself and his family into that bowl of shite,that's why from day one, it was Lenny's gig Hail Hail

Spot on MD. SC is a very clever and highly regarded coach and I reckon he would've been a great Celtic manager but it wasn't to be and you're right it was always going to be Lenny anyway. Even if SC was interested I don't think the board explored any other options or even entertained the idea of anyone else as they had already made their mind up (did Lawell not confirm this after Lenny's appointment).

Anyway what I'm driving at mate is the decision was made long ago, Lenny is the gaffer and every Celtic supporter, regardless of who their preference was, should be 100% behind Lenny. But in the same way some people need to stop bleating and get on board with Lenny as manager there are others who need to drop this 'if you weren't for him you were against him' pish and implying that those who backed someone else should somehow be feeling sheepish about that now.

Lenny and the bhoys need the Celtic support to put up a united front and this sort of shit just nurtures division and entrenches opinion on either side of a debate that should have ended the minute Lenny was appointed.

HH MD ;)(y)

You shouldn't have to. Steve Clarke would have been a good choice for Celtic, and I think those who were Lenny from day 1 would agree that Clarke would have been a good fit, even if he wasn't our first choice. Clarke is an excellent coach and manager, and he had Killie punching way above their weight all season last year (look at how Killie did today and you can see the difference). No reason why he wouldn't have performed well as gaffer for Celtic as well.

Sounds like a little hyperbole there. Maybe 99.9 percent weren't hating on Lenny, but there were a significant number of people who were for Mourhino or Benitez or -- try not to laugh -- David Moyes, and who pretty much dumped on anyone who disagreed with them. Even after Lenny was hired. You can go back in this forum and find them, and it was a lot worse in the wider world of social media.

Not only this, there are still a lot of butthurt individuals out there who still complain about Lenny on Twitter and Facebook Amazingly so.

Agreed. Hail Hail.

Don't get me wrong Larry I agree there were some who were utterly disrespectful and truth be told bang out of order towards Lenny and those who backed him in their championing of others like Mourhino, Benitez etc. but by the same token there were plenty of those backing Lenny who were just as disrespectful and out of order towards those who backed other candidates too. To be fair there were a few on both sides of the debate who didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

Also I don't think it's hyperbole to say that the overwhelming majority of fans who backed other candidates were not 'hating' on Lenny or being disrespectful towards him, sure there was/is an extremely noisy minority who always seem to cross the line into abuse but they were/are not representative of the vast majority of the Celtic fans who preferred an alternative to Lenny. From what I can see most have accepted the decision and moved on long ago.

As for the wider world of social media......jeez a glorified network of cyber sewers ;) Twitter, Facebook etc. seems to be mostly inhabited by ill-informed extremist zoomers who endlessly sound off about all sorts of things they know fuck all about and unfortunately those platforms seem to have the uncanny ability to amplify the noise made by a minority of fuckwits to the point that it sounds like a chorus.

Anyway all the best to you and yours Larry. HH

Don't get me wrong Larry I agree there were some who were utterly disrespectful and truth be told bang out of order towards Lenny and those who backed him in their championing of others like Mourhino, Benitez etc. but by the same token there were plenty of those backing Lenny who were just as disrespectful and out of order towards those who backed other candidates too. To be fair there were a few on both sides of the debate who didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

Also I don't think it's hyperbole to say that the overwhelming majority of fans who backed other candidates were not 'hating' on Lenny or being disrespectful towards him, sure there was/is an extremely noisy minority who always seem to cross the line into abuse but they were/are not representative of the vast majority of the Celtic fans who preferred an alternative to Lenny. From what I can see most have accepted the decision and moved on long ago.

As for the wider world of social media......jeez a glorified network of cyber sewers ;) Twitter, Facebook etc. seems to be mostly inhabited by ill-informed extremist zoomers who endlessly sound off about all sorts of things they know fuck all about and unfortunately those platforms seem to have the uncanny ability to amplify the noise made by a minority of fuckwits to the point that it sounds like a chorus.

Anyway all the best to you and yours Larry. HH
Hail Hail Andy!(y)!

yeah but he became national coach. stiched up killie. Go back down south if not interested in bigotry.
Think he took them as far as he could Falco,best league position since the 60s and turned them into a well organised hard to beat team.Might even see Scotland do a bit better now ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back