Transfer Round-up (merged)

Sun article also saying that Gary Hooper is on Lenny’s signing hit list.
WTF? No way! First we offer Izzy an extension and possibly now trying get Hooper back. Next up will be Paul Hartley & Barry Robson raking about in their attics looking for their boots to sign up for a new contract with us. This must be click bait media nonsense, as our ambitions are surely much higher than this?

Joe Aribo - Charlton fans seemed to want to keep hold of him. Raging at their board for letting another player slip away for pittance. They were saying on the fan sites he needs to brush up on his alround passing. Good technically, quick, wins the ball back a lot and chips in with a few goals. For us he would be another backup player so Id rather Henderson given game time or turnbull brought in.
The only positive is the fee we would have to pay. The Charlton fans estimated he would be on about 3k tops as well. Low risk but we need players that will be challenging for first 11 every week.

There is a degree of man management that might be overlooked by Peter Lawwell and others. Of the French-speaking players on our books, perhaps only French Eddy will be with us next season. I know he is a great professional, but it´s important to have something familiar about the place so I hope to see other French-speakers join us. I had a sense that the proposed deal for Izzy might have had one eye on our Honduran target (Alberth Elis). Having Izzy at the club would have been an extra draw and would have helped to bed a new player in. Olivier Ntcham has not been the same player since Dembele left us, and we need to recognize the psychological impact some transfers may have.

Members online

No members online now.

Back