Transfer Round-up (merged)

There is a degree of man management that might be overlooked by Peter Lawwell and others. Of the French-speaking players on our books, perhaps only French Eddy will be with us next season. I know he is a great professional, but it´s important to have something familiar about the place so I hope to see other French-speakers join us. I had a sense that the proposed deal for Izzy might have had one eye on our Honduran target (Alberth Elis). Having Izzy at the club would have been an extra draw and would have helped to bed a new player in. Olivier Ntcham has not been the same player since Dembele left us, and we need to recognize the psychological impact some transfers may have.
I think lenny will want to work with kouassi once he is fit again. Played the same position so he might think he can get something out of him. Bayo is Ivory Coast as well so there should be at least 3 French speaking players on the books unless kouassi is loaned out

Turnbull could be bought now, early in the window when we want him in, for around £2.5m. Lawwell, if the McGinn saga last summer is anything to go by will go in with low offers that’ll never be accepted in the hope he’ll save a couple of hundred thousand later in the window. The danger is Championship clubs down south are wiser to young talent, and their potential, and will pay Motherwell’s asking price.

I think lenny will want to work with kouassi once he is fit again. Played the same position so he might think he can get something out of him. Bayo is Ivory Coast as well so there should be at least 3 French speaking players on the books unless kouassi is loaned out

You are right, I forgot all about Bayo (unforgivable given we signed him from Slovakia).

Reactions: TET
I fully expect Bayo to get opportunities next season - if he doesn't, it's surely got to be a major WTF moment. I mean he came in for £2 million and was given the number 10 jersey and so far his only contribution, outside of reserve fitba, has been about 3 minutes in that Kilmarnock game where Broony scored the goal that essentially sealed the league. I think he then got injured and that's why he didn't feature again.

I fully expect Bayo to get opportunities next season - if he doesn't, it's surely got to be a major WTF moment. I mean he came in for £2 million and was given the number 10 jersey and so far his only contribution, outside of reserve fitba, has been about 3 minutes in that Kilmarnock game where Broony scored the goal that essentially sealed the league. I think he then got injured and that's why he didn't feature again.

My fear is Bayo is the next Balde, Bangura, Lassad, Pukki etc. Edouard apart, we tend to do better signing UK based strikers

The madness has begun. I’m convinced every player on the planet will be touted by some bellend on Twitter. There will also be dozens linked by the papers to sell copies orvreceive clicks.

One great thing in our favour is Lenny knows 10 is vital and hopefully will be supported in getting rid of the Rogers projects dross and bringing players.

A wee tip. Believe absolutely fuck all until you see the player standing looking like a twat holding up a scarf.

Anything else is heresay and usually utter pish. HH

Think we might be operating in out of contract /budget market as according to our CEO we don't need much make of that what you will.He must be looking at the treatment room and thinking they will all be back soon and maybe a couple of loans as well

Standard of that league is low and by all accounts he is way short on quality we expect. Hopefully this is wrong but it's worrying.

I definitely have a lot more faith in Lenny to be smart enough or more likely genuinely concerned about Celtic enough, to not be talking about players before we signed them, like Rodgers did and by default encouraged Broony to foolishly do re McGinn.

Doubt Lenny could have been more diplomatic at the time when who ever it was at Cetlic tv thought it smart to get Broony talking about McGinn, before serious transfer dealing was going on.

That farce was clearly not 100% Lawells fault.

Then think about this for positivity! By credible accounts, Lenny did all he could to get McGinn to Celtic, and he Lenny wanted RC as part of the deal!
Keep in mind that before injuries to Broony forced his hand, Rodgers was looking to offload RC! He made that clear pre season that RC was likely to be loaned out again, or implied sold
Who here would swap RC for McGinn? as good as he McGinn is.

Rodgers this supposed 'great' could not even spot the player that McInnes knew was a gem and Lenny clearly saw!
It was almost certainly Lenny's public ravings about McGinn that had Rodgers even looking in the first place.

We will miss aspects of Rodgers management, but initial talent spotting is not credibly one of them, neither was him being either naïve or more likely carefree about Celtic enough, to not talk at every media opportunity about the vastly higher wages on offer elsewhere. Really Brendan, Never!

Last edited:
The madness has begun. I’m convinced every player on the planet will be touted by some bellend on Twitter. There will also be dozens linked by the papers to sell copies orvreceive clicks.

One great thing in our favour is Lenny knows 10 is vital and hopefully will be supported in getting rid of the Rogers projects dross and bringing players.

A wee tip. Believe absolutely fuck all until you see the player standing looking like a twat holding up a scarf.

Anything else is heresay and usually utter pish. HH
You got it in one,best I have read so far is that Newcastle have offered 20 mill for Morelost it must be true it was published in a Columbian paper,I can see Mike Ashley paying sevco money when they are up to thier eyes in dept to him it's a MAD MAD MAD WORLD

Back