Transfer Rumours

Not entirely sure how it works but given the boy got sent off last week with a straight red he still has a two match suspension to complete.
Knowing the SFA have form ....they could and probably will transfer the suspension over here meaning he would miss our first two league games.
On the other hand if he remains a Lanus player and we don't officially sign/register him until the 1st of July then his suspension would be served as Lanus have two games to play on the 26th and 30th.
As I say I'm unsure how it works but either way he is here and gonna be a Celtic player.

Not entirely sure how it works but given the boy got sent off last week with a straight red he still has a two match suspension to complete.
Knowing the SFA have form ....they could and probably will transfer the suspension over here meaning he would miss our first two league games.
On the other hand if he remains a Lanus player and we don't officially sign/register him until the 1st of July then his suspension would be served as Lanus have two games to play on the 26th and 30th.
As I say I'm unsure how it works but either way he is here and gonna be a Celtic player.
Usually the other FA has to report it to the new FA and even then it is at their discretion if a ban is applied (funnily enough it always is for new Celtic signings). I think you'd be correct that those two matches would cover any ban imposed by his current FA. I don't think it will matter too much as I see him getting broken into the first team in a sensible manner so Taylor or Juranovic would cover in the early games if he is banned.

Apparently the SFA have appealed the ban and it’s been upgraded to a 4 week ban...

Back