Transfer Rumours

You'd imagine Jullien and Ajeti are definitely likely to leave. Johnston should leave for the sake of his career. Can't see McCarthy going anywhere, seems to be happy as a bit part squad player, also helps fill the 8 association trained players rule for UEFA.
He was an embarrassment the other night running about kicking people trying to pretend to become the defensive midfielder and Julie is working his ticket to get to January

He was an embarrassment the other night running about kicking people trying to pretend to become the defensive midfielder and Julie is working his ticket to get to January
Jules could be a totally different story as many claiming that we activated the extra year on his contract to be able to get a fee out of the collapsed schalka deal.
So could be around for a fair bit yet to entertain yourself virgo 😅

Ange interviewed on Sky saying we are still active in the transfer market and expect some more comings and goings over next few weeks.
That’s great to hear. I’m probably pretty happy whether they go back to the market or not. Would like to see some of the fringe players go probably more so than bringing others in. Only really want us to add first team ready players now and that’s probably quite difficult as we seem to me to have a decent group now. Roll on next week ☘️⚽🏆 🏆

Jules could be a totally different story as many claiming that we activated the extra year on his contract to be able to get a fee out of the collapsed schalka deal.
I think it would’ve have been activated if a loan with option to buy was agreed with a club. Allow it would be good to know for sure

I'd be surprised if we actually activated that 1 year extension clause until there was agreement between Jules and Schalke. Unless Ange just did it for shits and giggles to wind up Vigo!

Isn't it a strange turn of events, that I am wanting outgoings to happen more than incomings? I want to see Ajeti off the books more than anything else. I am fed up with his nonsense at this stage.
I also think Johnston and Mc Carthy should move on.

Isn't it a strange turn of events, when I am wanting outgoings to happen more than incomings? I want to see Ajeti off the books more than anything else. I am fed up with his nonsense at this stage.
I also think Johnston and Mc Carthy should move on.
I'm not too bothered about McCarthy he might offer a bit more in the dressing room and at training for the young guys I know he's not doing much on the field of play but to be fair he doesn't get much in minutes. So difficult to impress if he is capable or not.
Would want Jullien gone more than anyone else to be honest as he has spat the dummy.

I'm not too bothered about McCarthy he might offer a bit more in the dressing room and at training for the young guys I know he's not doing much on the field of play but to be fair he doesn't get much in minutes. So difficult to impress if he is capable or not.
Would want Jullien gone more than anyone else to be honest as he has spat the dummy.
As John no said earlier, McCarthy has the most bit of dig in our midfield and I think is good to have around for the more agricultural type games

Lots of online rumours tonight that Mikey Johnston is off to Belgium to join Ronny Deila on loan at Standard Liege.
Good move for him if true.
Bit of a double edged sword on this rumour imo Gary.
Yes totally agree a loan move would be the right decision for MJ in order to try and gain extra confidence with a injury free season hopefully.
However, that still leaves a place within the squad in a position that would need to be filled also, especially with Forrest injury record none to impressive either.
We know meada can also fulfil a role in the central striker role if required, so any potential injuries within the front line could leave us a bit short still, especially if any long term injuries are picked up.
So to get a replacement for MJ, especially as a loan deal would be a huge ask imo, especially without any guaranteed game time on offer.
So possibly selling MJ and buying a replacement would make more sense imo, as we are now in a position where loan deals become very complicated for us now in order to getting in the replacements

Bit of a double edged sword on this rumour imo Gary.
Yes totally agree a loan move would be the right decision for MJ in order to try and gain extra confidence with a injury free season hopefully.
However, that still leaves a place within the squad in a position that would need to be filled also, especially with Forrest injury record none to impressive either.
We know meada can also fulfil a role in the central striker role if required, so any potential injuries within the front line could leave us a bit short still, especially if any long term injuries are picked up.
So to get a replacement for MJ, especially as a loan deal would be a huge ask imo, especially without any guaranteed game time on offer.
So possibly selling MJ and buying a replacement would make more sense imo, as we are now in a position where loan deals become very complicated for us now in order to getting in the replacements
We have 6 players for the 3 front positions even if MJ left. Abada, Forrest, Kyogo, GG, Maeda and Jota. Beyond that we need to create a pathway for emerging young talent to come through so rather than loan in someone I would promote from within. Moffat or Vata to replace MJ in the squad (the other to go out on loan and get games).

Back