Transfer Rumours

Ross barkley has an offer for a permanent transfer a respected journo Close to Chelsea apparently wot yous think of that then
Story from a Chelsea podcaster, also said several EPL teams in for him so that will be that. Unfortunately.
Also seen a link with Harry Winks today. Another good English international midfielder who seems to have lost his way under Conte (seen him last season when I went to a Spurs game when I was down on London, very good passer and a Cal Mac type player). Maybe Joe Hart and CCV have had a word. Champions League football is a massive draw for players

Story from a Chelsea podcaster, also said several EPL teams in for him so that will be that. Unfortunately.
Also seen a link with Harry Winks today. Another good English international midfielder who seems to have lost his way under Conte (seen him last season when I went to a Spurs game when I was down on London, very good passer and a Cal Mac type player). Maybe Joe Hart and CCV have had a word. Champions League football is a massive draw for players
Do u think winks cud anchor our midfield knowing how ange likes fast crisp passing and alot of running

I don't pay any remarks to these none playing EPL players myself.
Simple reason is the wages issue, so potentially a huge drop in wages to join us, or we start paying much higher wages that isn't really an option really.
Just cause we have CL football on offer and names that use to be in the England set up hardly means that we are interested just because it's a world Cup year imo.

Trust the manager is my view
There’s a player or two you could point to and say not really worked but that was mostly through last summers scrambling period

If the manager says yes, that’s the only opinion I need to hear.

If he gets one wrong, then it’s bound to happen somewhere.
For every expensive misfit eg McCarthy there’s a bargain/low paid diamond

If we were really to pay the going rate for the diamonds he’s found eg oreilly/Hatate/JJ/Kyogo a year on then their wages would be multiples of the contracts they are currently signed to for 4/5 years

I’d even suggest that hart/jota/CCV are here because we’ve been really clever in identifying real quality with a clear hunger through being under appreciated elsewhere. They seek a manager that is willing to back them, and buying shows he trusts them

We are not in a position to offer the wages these bhoys would get elsewhere. But we are able to offer them a place at one of the biggest clubs on the planet in every way but finance. So the offer we make is if you want to play for a club as big as Liverpool/Barca/Man Utd and be a star player tather than another number then that’s Celtic.

Clearly for less money, but a platform to show what you have to all the financially big clubs.
We’re on the doorstep to the biggest (not the best) league in the world. It’s proven fact, you do it at Celtic you’ll get that move, we won’t stand in your way through the fee paid and you’ll leave a hero. More importantly though to them, with medals, success, European experience and a knowledge you’ve survived under a pressure to win that’s unparalleled.
If you can thrive at Celtic you can mentally handle life at any other club

That’s our selling point IMO, but for years we’ve went a different way and bought projects

Ross Barkley
Choose Celtic for far less money and that’s choosing the above
Pick any of the other clubs mention, your playing for fuck all but money

He decides to join us, we’ve got another player with talent and hunger we shouldn’t be able to afford

That was meant to be a paragraph but I’m selling so whose buying

Last edited:
All good palomino, cos us Inverclyde cowboys, have each others backs
It helps when you're surrounded by teuchters and such
But our forum, much like our beloved Celtic, is all inclusive
YNWA
Ya madskull 😆😁
Oh, you're on thin ice knocking the teuchter mafia, Dil......I'm done wie rustlin' coos and botherin sheep. I can do wie mankyin' some moose for a wee change (or is it elk in the Canadian tundra?)

Last edited:
Oh, you're on thin ice knocking the teuchter mafia, Dil......I'm done wie rustlin' coos and botherin sheep. I can do wie mankyin' some moose for a wee change (or is it elk in the Canadian tundra?)
Reminds me of that auld joke......After a night of unbridled passion a couple are basking in the afterglow. She turns to him and asks, did you enjoy tonight ? He replies, yes, you were as tight as a moose. She looks surprised and says I didn't know you were Scottish ! He replied, I'm not, I'm Canadian !

Back