Transfer Rumours

David Turnbull set to be rewarded with Celtic contract extension...

Great news imo WC.
Definitely one of Ange favourite players by the looks of things and a fine footballer in his own right.
Starting to grow within the club, so onto this next step in his development now and starting to make his mark in the really big games instead of the missing in action that many have labelled him atm

Like all wingers( remember them ) Kent the Kant can be a match winner ...but like most wingers they seldom turn in two or three performances on the spin...its a fact. Patterson may well be showing pwomis but he will never be a KT.....unfortunately for him the lad from ipox is a bit of a prick off the field and on occasion the very same on it. Now.. you should know that my opinion counts Dill as I was player manager for St Columbas in the Saturday Church league in Greenock.....we played in a strip designed by myself the old Blackburn rovers strip all be it the top was Green & White and the shorts gold with green white and gold socks....the abuse we got from the sidelines was well worth it. My coaching method was simple ...let's get it right up these feckers. 😁💚🍀👍
Everyone's entitled to give their opinion, apologies if you thought I was dissing anyone's viewpoint
St.Columba's was a very good footballing organization, they've been around since Adam (and me) was a boy 😁
I have a good wee story re: St Columba's Boys Club, and me but won't bore anyone with details
It's all about opinions, and I go on what I see on the park, as far as how good any player is
I didn't say he was as good as KT, merely mentioned KT as an example of how far a young boy can go in the game, when given the right coaching and advice
Personally I couldn't give a munky's what the Huns do, they've been up to their knees in Fenian blood since 1690, something they're PWOUD of
Green, white, and gold you say, well, the Britannia boys would have 'loved' that, well done
Can imagine the battles on the sidelines as they see offence, on every level
My coaching style was similar only I wanted my teams to 'lay the ground rules' by "Winning the first tackle"
Looking forward to watching the Bhoys tomorrow morning
Bless you all folks and have a Very Merry Christmas

Everyone's entitled to give their opinion, apologies if you thought I was dissing anyone's viewpoint
St.Columba's was a very good footballing organization, they've been around since Adam (and me) was a boy 😁
I have a good wee story re: St Columba's Boys Club, and me but won't bore anyone with details
It's all about opinions, and I go on what I see on the park, as far as how good any player is
I didn't say he was as good as KT, merely mentioned KT as an example of how far a young boy can go in the game, when given the right coaching and advice
Personally I couldn't give a munky's what the Huns do, they've been up to their knees in Fenian blood since 1690, something they're PWOUD of
Green, white, and gold you say, well, the Britannia boys would have 'loved' that, well done
Can imagine the battles on the sidelines as they see offence, on every level
My coaching style was similar only I wanted my teams to 'lay the ground rules' by "Winning the first tackle"
Looking forward to watching the Bhoys tomorrow morning
Bless you all folks and have a Very Merry Christmas
No apologies necessary Dill I didn't think you dissed anyone. Hope you have a great day with the family and I'm sure wee liliana will be all excited tonight ...enjoy mate.🎄🍀👍

I'm not deliberately being negative folks, nor am I going over old grievances just for the sake of doing so. I'm as hopeful of a positive outcome during this window as all of you good folk obviously are. Any signings we make, however, simply must be ready to contribute. Ready for first team action immediately. Past mistakes, terrible scouting, rushed, last minute signings, have cost us big time. By all accounts, we have done our homework well in advance. Players seem to have been identified, with due diligence taking place. As far as the current campaign goes, it all rests on getting it right this time. HH

I'm not deliberately being negative folks, nor am I going over old grievances just for the sake of doing so. I'm as hopeful of a positive outcome during this window as all of you good folk obviously are. Any signings we make, however, simply must be ready to contribute. Ready for first team action immediately. Past mistakes, terrible scouting, rushed, last minute signings, have cost us big time. By all accounts, we have done our homework well in advance. Players seem to have been identified, with due diligence taking place. As far as the current campaign goes, it all rests on getting it right this time. HH
Totally agree Frank. We have been building our hopes, on getting to this window in a relatively decent place. Despite all of the obstacles placed in our way, I think we are not in a bad position. But we do not have any room for further error. So all in comings, must hit the ground fit and running. Ready to contribute immediately. This, plus injury clear ups, should give Ange a decent panel to work with. Then onwards.

Have an enjoyable new year everyone.🍻

Last edited:
And just how devastating that could potentially be with going with him and Kyogo through the middle, with Rogic behind and Jota left and Ralston right, with still plenty of other options available still based on yesterday's formation.
Scottish teams have already been shitting themselves, but I don't think they have seen nothing yet in the way we could be heading going forward

I know that our main focus has been upon the potential new players we could be bringing in, but has anyone given any thought about the players we might be prepared to release or loan.
Still a hard call to make with covid the way it is.
I still think Barkas is a better option than Bain as a no 2 keeper imo, yet if we can get a sell for him, would be happy enough to cash in also.
Can't see much of a future for Soro and Boli now either as well as Henderson amongst others.
A few also could benefit from being loaned out also, the likes of Shaw, Murray and Big O, spring to mind.
So could be a very busy January yet

And just how devastating that could potentially be with going with him and Kyogo through the middle, with Rogic behind and Jota left and Ralston right, with still plenty of other options available still based on yesterday's formation.
Scottish teams have already been shitting themselves, but I don't think they have seen nothing yet in the way we could be heading going forward
Part of Ange,s comment last night John was,...I will never be put in a position again like I was in the last window,we are a lot better prepared for this window and if you think you saw
an improvement on the first part of the season,you are sure to be impessed by the second part,,
asked about Giakoumakis,,.he,s fit to start training again..so lets hope John we leave the whole of Scottish football shitting themselves,if Maeda is one of the new faces every defender he plays against will remember him..if not his name,definitely the number on the back of his hoops jersey..

HH

I know that our main focus has been upon the potential new players we could be bringing in, but has anyone given any thought about the players we might be prepared to release or loan.
I still think Barkas is a better option than Bain as a no 2 keeper imo, yet if we can get a sell for him, would be happy enough to cash in also.
Can't see much of a future for Soro and Boli now either as well as Henderson amongst others.
A few also could benefit from being loaned out also, the likes of Shaw, Murray and Big O, spring to mind.
Bit of noise about Mikey Johnstone heading up to Dundee Utd.

HH

Bit of noise about Mikey Johnstone heading up to Dundee Utd.

HH
Think it would be a good move for him and us imo, but only on loan for the time being and hopefully with a option to be recalled if needed.
Johnson has missed an awful lot of football with injury for someone so young and no other option available to help him with his recovery, just straight into the demands expected from him.
No time has been given for him to rebuild his confidence with the demands with us as high as they are, and think is suffering badly with that at present.
Think a move away can give us the answer to weather he has much of a future at the club as it still remains very uncertain still imo.
Hopefully with less pressure then his confidence can grow, but injury is always a concern for him at present

Agree about barkas instead of bain get rid of boli finally aswell...soro now the boy from Sheffield weds we brought in he looks bit more composed on the ball than soro so either a loan or sell for soro I've always hated the hangers on in our squad over the years get rid and put youths in they're place

Agree about barkas instead of bain get rid of boli finally aswell...soro now the boy from Sheffield weds we brought in he looks bit more composed on the ball than soro so either a loan or sell for soro I've always hated the hangers on in our squad over the years get rid and put youths in they're place
Agreed cairnsybhoy, could any other club pay out as much as we do without providing any competitive football as we do in world football?
Now I can understand that with covid they way it is but this policy was also in place before covid even came upon us.
Now, fair enough to having a potential structure in place for keeping a team within Scotland if our main team was to move to another potential league elsewhere, but that looks a long way away now as things stand.
So still the amount of money growing on paying out in wages without any possible returns with no available football in return, should still be an issue within the club that needs to be addressed.

Agreed cairnsybhoy, could any other club pay out as much as we do without providing any competitive football as we do in world football?
Now I can understand that with covid they way it is but this policy was also in place before covid even came upon us.
Now, fair enough to having a potential structure in place for keeping a team within Scotland if our main team was to move to another potential league elsewhere, but that looks a long way away now as things stand.
So still the amount of money growing on paying out in wages without any possible returns with no available football in return, should still be an issue within the club that needs to be addressed.
Ano its alot of money over all on wages for guys who will never make it we cud rotate the best of the youths for the bench for different games if we really used the system u mentioned with ange at then helm I'm pretty sure we wid do very well we need an ambitious board but to stick by ange for 5 year odds and trust him fully

Think it would be a good move for him and us imo, but only on loan for the time being and hopefully with a option to be recalled if needed.
Johnson has missed an awful lot of football with injury for someone so young and no other option available to help him with his recovery, just straight into the demands expected from him.
No time has been given for him to rebuild his confidence with the demands with us as high as they are, and think is suffering badly with that at present.
Think a move away can give us the answer to weather he has much of a future at the club as it still remains very uncertain still imo.
Hopefully with less pressure then his confidence can grow, but injury is always a concern for him at present
MJ needs to weigh his options carefully at this stage of his career. He may fancy his chances down south, but should go no higher than the English Championship as he needs game time. DU could be a good fit, but I think if it was offered a chance at Hibs could be better under Moloney, a modern Manager who had to go through similar injuries and got through it.
It's either that or stay with us, but he needs to to be hitting the back of the net a lot more as we're getting fed up with nearly's.

MJ needs to weigh his options carefully at this stage of his career. He may fancy his chances down south, but should go no higher than the English Championship as he needs game time. DU could be a good fit, but I think if it was offered a chance at Hibs could be better under Moloney, a modern Manager who had to go through similar injuries and got through it.
It's either that or stay with us, but he need to to be hitting the back of the net a lot more as we're getting fed up with nearly's.
See if MJ learns to compose himself more in and around the Box he's gonny be some player but he needs to realise with guys like Jota kicking about he needs to up his game now he's not got alot of time to do it with us I don't think

Back