Transfer Rumours

Following Jorge Jesus' exit as head coach, Benfica now want Jota to return to them from Celtic this summer and are optimistic of persuading the 22-year-old winger to extend his stay despite the Glasgow club having a £6m option to buy at the end of his season-long loan.

It looks like it will be up to Jota if he wants to stay.....Although there is the option to buy at the end of the season.....If Jota isn't happy here......then I dont think we will be offering him a contract.....:(

The above info is on the BBC .....linking the info with the DR.....might be a lot of pish....hope so
No worries mate ...Ange will just replace him with another gem we have never heard of who will delight us just as much.His team is Benfica so he is a supporter as well... I think we just need to enjoy him while he is here.

Boro. 7th in table. Given their performances over recent seasons they will probably drift down the table. The money is the only reason you would sign for a shit team end of.
Aye my thoughts also steviebhoy boro are a half season side theyve had a decent 1st half time to slip down the table like they always do. Actually feel a bit sorry for a club like boro they actually have one of the biggest stadiums and supports in England but they are just pish and cannot get past a once in ten years pr so promotion to the EPL, they really should be an EPL club compared to some others that makes me wonder why a club with no city rivals , just Sunderland and Newcastle ( all 3 one city clubs) and the 3 are rivals all have over 40k capacity but someones obviously not doing their job right at boro , this ' coup' of beating us to mgree will be their best result of the season ' we beat Celtic to a player ( though Celtic couldnt give a shit) boro is a broken club that anyone can see. They should be up there competing every year but no theyve had paddy Roberts and that's not working out so they have players but they lack direction and the signing of mercenaries wont help. For should they pull off the miracle of promotion they'll lose those mercs to other clubs leaving them short staffed at a time when they need new players. If they sink down the table Mcgree can sit at home counting his paper " look love I was so shit i didnt even start but still got 30plus kpwk for being available" . Hes a merc not in it for honours or glory but money and its becoming more prevalent in todays game so many players see it as a job 1st and foremost a career second I dont blame any player who accepts life changing money as it involves more than the player but the whole thing is driven by sky and bt funds I have a feeling we'll never hear of him again unless he signs for another club once boro have sussed hes not what it said on the tin

Aye my thoughts also steviebhoy boro are a half season side theyve had a decent 1st half time to slip down the table like they always do. Actually feel a bit sorry for a club like boro they actually have one of the biggest stadiums and supports in England but they are just pish and cannot get past a once in ten years pr so promotion to the EPL, they really should be an EPL club compared to some others that makes me wonder why a club with no city rivals , just Sunderland and Newcastle ( all 3 one city clubs) and the 3 are rivals all have over 40k capacity but someones obviously not doing their job right at boro , this ' coup' of beating us to mgree will be their best result of the season ' we beat Celtic to a player ( though Celtic couldnt give a shit) boro is a broken club that anyone can see. They should be up there competing every year but no theyve had paddy Roberts and that's not working out so they have players but they lack direction and the signing of mercenaries wont help. For should they pull off the miracle of promotion they'll lose those mercs to other clubs leaving them short staffed at a time when they need new players. If they sink down the table Mcgree can sit at home counting his paper " look love I was so shit i didnt even start but still got 30plus kpwk for being available" . Hes a merc not in it for honours or glory but money and its becoming more prevalent in todays game so many players see it as a job 1st and foremost a career second I dont blame any player who accepts life changing money as it involves more than the player but the whole thing is driven by sky and bt funds I have a feeling we'll never hear of him again unless he signs for another club once boro have sussed hes not what it said on the tin
Great points Winter, for me Newcastle are world champion underachievers. You're correct about the other two as well. Had a wee soft spot for Newcastle. No longer though, sold their souls.

Following Jorge Jesus' exit as head coach, Benfica now want Jota to return to them from Celtic this summer and are optimistic of persuading the 22-year-old winger to extend his stay despite the Glasgow club having a £6m option to buy at the end of his season-long loan.

It looks like it will be up to Jota if he wants to stay.....Although there is the option to buy at the end of the season.....If Jota isn't happy here......then I dont think we will be offering him a contract.....:(

The above info is on the BBC .....linking the info with the DR.....might be a lot of pish....hope so
I’ve a feeling this ain’t the done deal people think
And if we keep blowing enough smoke up the bhoys arse he’ll demand far too much money for being a ‘superstar’

I’ve a feeling this ain’t the done deal people think
And if we keep blowing enough smoke up the bhoys arse he’ll demand far too much money for being a ‘superstar’
Already in that category imo STG.
I would go as far as to say if we can't tie jota down over the next 10 days it remains unlikely that we will.
The biggest factor in any contract for a player with the current reputation jota has built up this season will be money, weather we like it or not.
6M for a player possibly worth 30M is a huge difference in money terms and a lot of work still needs to be done to justify that difference.
Any deal involved for jota will possibly have a clause with a figure to activate a transfer, which in turn would open him up to all the potential riches in the more valuable leagues.
I personally think we won't see jota in the hoops Jersey beyond this season sadly, mainly because he will be out of our wage bracket as such, so will enjoy everything he can provide us with this season and the success he can contribute to bringing.
Still will live in hope that a deal can be done still even if it remains a long shot imo.

Think Benfica have looked at his impact and listened to there fans ,can see him going back to Benfica at the end of the season and they'll probably sell him on after the 1st season
No idea on what his current wage is Kelly, but hopefully if it remains fairly low, then could be in a position to double his wages now to force through the transfer now.
A lot will depend upon his attitude to what jota really wants for the future still, as Ange has already shown he's not to interested in players who put money before the interests of the club.
So if we can get jota on a permanent then we can't lose upon the deal no matter what jota intentions are beyond this season.
Still think it remains a long shot, and wouldn't hold it against him if he felt more loyalty to benfica than us in the money football world either

Great points Winter, for me Newcastle are world champion underachievers. You're correct about the other two as well. Had a wee soft spot for Newcastle. No longer though, sold their souls.
There's a few clubs in England that have great support yet do nothing in terms of winning, year in, year out
I watched Arsenal v Portsmouth when the new Emirates stadium opened and the Pompey fans outsang and out supported the Gunners fans
Beautiful stadium, but no atmosphere apart from the Portsmouth fans
If players go for the money, over winning trophies, then it shows that they are more concerned with their bank balance than showcasing themselves in front of a wider audience, and a potential big money move, down the road, then so be it

I hope we manage to get CCV signed, on a permanent basis
For me, given that we are hoping to sign him and Jota, I would say if we only get one deal done, I'd prefer it to be CCV's, as he's been immense all season, and our back line needs some solidity
We've got several options up front, but not too many at centre half, even with the inclusion of Julienne for tomorrow's game, along with Stephen Welsh
Just my two cents
HH

I hope we manage to get CCV signed, on a permanent basis
For me, given that we are hoping to sign him and Jota, I would say if we only get one deal done, I'd prefer it to be CCV's, as he's been immense all season, and our back line needs some solidity
We've got several options up front, but not too many at centre half, even with the inclusion of Julienne for tomorrow's game, along with Stephen Welsh
Just my two cents
HH
Still very hard to call given just the one choice.
Jota for the extra money against CCV to provide stability for the future?
As its money men that make such decisions, don't need to be Einstein to know which one they would opt for in preference

Looks like Ange will now be focusing on who will be leaving Celtic..

HH
The problem is there are two types of players who join Celtic . There are the ones who see us as a stepping stone to greater riches and the ones who feel they have reached the pinnacle of their earning potential and have put the tools in the shed and watch their bank balance rise and see their contracts out. It is very hard to move the latter on as any potential buyer looks at recent form and are instantly put off. Take Soro for example, I would imagine he is on 10 grand a week minimum, which over a four year contract is £2 million. Beer money to Hoopy and STG but a fortune to us common people

With CalMac being ruled out gor a few weeks and us going to be without several key Asian players in the coming weeks, I wonder if we will dip into the transfer market again for another midfielder? It might be a short-term measure but this season is so important. I think we probably won't (we have Hatate, Bitton, Guci & McCarthy) but something to keep an eye out for.

Back