Transfer Rumours

Agreed, Wima, but how many Lubo's have we bought? We can't keep taking punts on the future. Lewis Morgan, Scott Allan, Jack Hendry to name a couple just aren't Celtic class.
You have a point about some of the signings shamrock, but Lewis Morgan is Celtic class. That I have no doubt, he hasn't got much of a chance since he arrived. Only a couple of months ago everyone was looking shot of Christie. A player I said over and over again,just needed a chance. I believe the same about Scott Allen, but Rodgers obviously doesn't rate him for whatever reason. But look at some of the gems over the years that nobody heard of......... The King himself springs to mind as does lubo and naka etc..... But like everyone else I would like a big name signing for once!

You have a point about some of the signings shamrock, but Lewis Morgan is Celtic class. That I have no doubt, he hasn't got much of a chance since he arrived. Only a couple of months ago everyone was looking shot of Christie. A player I said over and over again,just needed a chance. I believe the same about Scott Allen, but Rodgers obviously doesn't rate him for whatever reason. But look at some of the gems over the years that nobody heard of......... The King himself springs to mind as does lubo and naka etc..... But like everyone else I would like a big name signing for once!

I take your point as well, Deadner and I really shouldn't have said Morgan as I've never seen him play yet. And therein lies the rub.

I think Morgan looks a good young player. Needs games and will need to muscle up a bit. Might see him loaned to an Aberdeen or Hibs before he kicks on. We need a prospect striker and a proven target man. A right back. Depending who stays and goes CB could use a real shake up. A goalie suited to the system would be great. Can only see that coming from either a German teams reserves/a player out of contract in the summer or south America. Sweeper keepers are still difficult to get unless they are poor actual goalies with great feet.
So 2 strikers, a right back, a goalie and maybe something at centre back if we lose people. Should be sorted cause the scouts have had several years to source the RB and GK as we have needed it for a while. I'd like to think professionals always have a list for each position ready for each window but we don't.
Wouldn't be surprised with McKenna, the RB at Kilmarnock, and a loan deal from England up top. If so, who needs scouts.

I'm gonna say it, I want us to back the manager big time. Not a 5 mill player, loan deal and 1.5 mill player. I want 3 first team walk ins. If they are 7 each do it.

I always think buy to sell is great. Buy for 2 sell for 8. But follow that up with buy for 4 sell for 12. Then buy for 7 sell for 14.
I'd like to think we could get a guy at 23 for 7ish who will walk in, do great from the get go as he has about 90 games under the belt already. Give us 2 and a half years then sell him for a big profit?
Or we can get the guy for 2 cause it's lower risk but of course he had 25 games and really we have limited idea of the talent.
Our risk paralysis for me has resulted in us going backwards. We also haven't grown our transfer policy with our revenues. Back to back champs league groups should have resulted in a decent budget in the summer.
Mulumbu? I think he is decent but it screams panic.

I always think buy to sell is great. Buy for 2 sell for 8. But follow that up with buy for 4 sell for 12. Then buy for 7 sell for 14.
I'd like to think we could get a guy at 23 for 7ish who will walk in, do great from the get go as he has about 90 games under the belt already. Give us 2 and a half years then sell him for a big profit?
Or we can get the guy for 2 cause it's lower risk but of course he had 25 games and really we have limited idea of the talent.
Our risk paralysis for me has resulted in us going backwards. We also haven't grown our transfer policy with our revenues. Back to back champs league groups should have resulted in a decent budget in the summer.
Mulumbu? I think he is decent but it screams panic.

And where the eff is Mulumbu anyway?

I think Morgan looks a good young player. Needs games and will need to muscle up a bit. Might see him loaned to an Aberdeen or Hibs before he kicks on. We need a prospect striker and a proven target man. A right back. Depending who stays and goes CB could use a real shake up. A goalie suited to the system would be great. Can only see that coming from either a German teams reserves/a player out of contract in the summer or south America. Sweeper keepers are still difficult to get unless they are poor actual goalies with great feet.
So 2 strikers, a right back, a goalie and maybe something at centre back if we lose people. Should be sorted cause the scouts have had several years to source the RB and GK as we have needed it for a while. I'd like to think professionals always have a list for each position ready for each window but we don't.
Wouldn't be surprised with McKenna, the RB at Kilmarnock, and a loan deal from England up top. If so, who needs scouts.
I think Bain is better than Gordon. His passing is far superior plus he's very fast at moving the ball on from the back. Gordon always tries to slow things down, giving teams time to reset. We also have an outstanding keeper in Conor hazard. I'd like see him get a chance too.

Ahh, those were the days when we knew we were a class act with those 2 and Big John and Sutty.
Thats exactly what we need a Sutton or Hartson
I'm gonna say it, I want us to back the manager big time. Not a 5 mill player, loan deal and 1.5 mill player. I want 3 first team walk ins. If they are 7 each do it.
Can't see us spending that kind of cash think you're going to be disappointed.Hope i'm wrong .

Didn’t know the was a Slovakian team called this name never ever heard of them and i am late sixties ffs give it up is this one of the big signing Who
knows ? Tell me it’s paper talk,Well big peter will probably lead negotiating for the deal to go through, and a bonus of a free holiday in Slovakia. You know what they say ya canny whack it mr Lowell the fans deserve the best and that’s the best you can do by the way better get skates on hope because we do not get into bidding war Sevco

Given where I live, it will be no surprise that I have an interest in Central European leagues. If we do sign Vakoun Issouf Bayo then we will have a young lad in the fashion of Gary Hooper (our greatest ever #88). He is a bit of a rough diamond and does not always produce the goods vs top opposition, but give him six months to bed in and he could be the goal poacher we need in our ranks. Personally, I would have preferred to see David Vaněček (he Is about to join Hearts) as he is much more robust and not the type to suffer bullying.

Back