Transfer Rumours

Celtic are holding a special meeting about this transfer window and names 2 players! the supposed 'exclusive' from jim loyalist band fan white.

Now that's what you call a out on a limb exclusive!

Not as if it's fair certain that the vast majority of clubs would be holding a management meeting on or around the 16th at the mid point of the window, to discuss where they are at.

Celtic are holding a meeting about players and may discuss two that have been rumoured about for weeks now!

What a journalist the wee man is, the John Pilger of sports

Last edited:
I know is I am in the minority but I think midfield needs to be looked at IF we have ambitions in Europe What we have is fine for Scotland but I think all of them have been badly shown up against European sides of any quality at all eg Leipzig Ours lack at that level that extra tiny bit of speed and zip and so are overrun , leaving our defence exposed and our strikers without any support or service And yet our defence and strikers often carry the can

I agree with that but still feel the defence is the priority. If we sort thatvandcquakify for the CL it allows s to upgrade the midfield. If we don’t then nothing happens apart from going further backwards. CL is vital to bring in the type of player you are talking about. Getting a better defence gives us a shout to do that.

I think Celtic are working hard to sort the defence but it's the January window and it's notoriously hard to get good players in this window . Is McKenna better than we have ? He's different and gives us another option . Stop listening to all the rumours it will just drive you mad. We support this team for a reason and I don't believe they want to let us down . Keep the faith

The manager’s comments on a CH yesterday are not a surprise. He wants Boyata and Benkovic as his first choice pairing with Ajer as back up. We also have Simunovic, Bitton (who was a CH before injury), Hendry & Compper. Is still think McKenna is no.1 target and we are happy to let him play at Aberdeen until the summer before trying to sign. Personally i’d Punt Boyata now and try to sign McKenna (or whoever is top target). If that doesn’t happen then we should play Ajer plus one as he is the future with a.n.other.
Right Back is the priority, and an adequate back up left back is also more of a priority for the next 4 months than a centre half.

I’ve been reading a bit more and it certainly looks as if we are sticking with what we have at CB. I never agree withbwaiting until the summer as we always take an age to sign anyone. It could mean going into CL qualification with a defence not worthy of the name two years running. To me that’s beyond bad planning, it’s utterly reckless, considering how early we start in the qualifiers. Not in the least surprised though as I doubt any of us will be if we end up with a makeshift set up in July.

I think Celtic are working hard to sort the defence but it's the January window and it's notoriously hard to get good players in this window . Is McKenna better than we have ? He's different and gives us another option . Stop listening to all the rumours it will just drive you mad. We support this team for a reason and I don't believe they want to let us down . Keep the faith

I agree that January is difficult, but, we couldn’t do it in the summer either. Any window for us is tortuous. Regardless when it comes. It’s the way we roll.

MON’s first signing at Forest is Leicester City Center Half Yohan Benalouane on 18 month deal.
Will this mean a recall for Benkovic?

As Brendan's main centre back pairing will both almost certainly be leaving in the summer then I'd have thought it was very important to get a replacement here in January. This gives them the option to bed in, train and play with team-mates for a few months before we really need them to perform at the start of next season. If we wait then we have the problem of having sort out deals very early, if they are an international then they'll still be playing UEFA qualifiers in mid-June then we start European qualifiers in early July. As we all know, waiting until the summer window usually means buying someone at 11:30pm on 31st August, by which time it is far too late for us as we've already played half a dozen critical matches by then!

January tends to be harder month to bring in quality players and quality defenders are as rare as hens teeth no idea whats going but if you look on kds

were buying nobody

Brendans leaving

it's all Lawwells fault

were buying (insert a new name everyday ) made up by some twat sitting in his bedroom

we've loads of money just by someone

be glad when this window shuts

Wait until the coming week, as we near January's end - the stress levels will ramp up until heids explode. The 'more sensitive' posters will lose their minds unless we've paraded three top new bhoys by next weekend and spent around ten mill.

Will be a frenzy as the Huns sign Ghandi's maw and we hook some unknown teenager off the streets of Nairobi.

:D fucking love the last week of the January windae...

WilloFloodCSC

Would love to just let Boyata go, I hate seeing him in the Hoops. Never been good enough and the stunt he pulled in the summer is outrageous, Celtic being held to ransom by anybody is completely out of order but by him!?! Should've been kicked out the front door immediately!
Think it's overdue for Gordon to be punted as well, for years this guy has putting us under pressure with his abysmal distribution and in all those years hasn't improved one bit To be fair he's a good shot-stopper n has pulled off many great saves but I was hoping for a good replacement for him

aye and aye boyata bottled it at the shitdome,gordon set up nearly every monkey attack,he was their most creative player! gggrrrrr!

Sorry maybe this not the place to bring this up as far as transfers we can go on about who and how many players we think we need. But as long as the present board is in place forget it Mr Lawwell has received more in bonus than we spend on players. In 68yrs I can never ever remember a board that has continually backed any mngr. Also I'm so frustrated with the way our support is being treated the board completely disrespect us the most recent is turning the Kerrydale over to Hospitality on match days leaving men woman and children to enter the ground to use the toilets and can't return back outside to meet their friends. As there are No facilities outside the ground to use I have been a season ticket holder since 1972 my first St costing £11 we are now talking of building a Hotel and various additions to fleece us Always support c Celtic but never the BOARD thank you for giving me the opportunity to vent my views ans anger

Back