Transfer Rumours

We clearly have the best defence in Scotland but one which is not good enough for Europe. Our problems in the league is that we can't break down 11 man defences. So it seems to me that BR is focussing on winning the league by putting out an attacking force that can unlock the bus. BR knows what he's doing - the signing of Shved is a positive one which will bring some healthy competition for Jamesy.

If the Bayo signing is confirmed then I can't see us signing another striker. We'll have Edouard, Weah and Bayo (I'm assuming Griffiths won't be back this season). Burke can also play there.
Its the same at Centre Half, unless someone leaves then we won't sign one in this window. We currently have Boyata, Benkovic, Ajer & Simunovic (even allowing Compper to leave and Hendry to go out on loan). In addition, the returning Bitton and Lustig can also play as CH.
Right Back should be the priority once the Bayo deal is done. A back up Left Back and another Midfielder could be useful additions , especially if KT's injury is worse than first thought.

Well we have a back up LB in Izzy who seems to have gotten over his shocker v the Sheep on Boxing Day

We could possibly groom young Henderson into a RB

Looking at him tonight he looked about 14. A BIG 14 right enough

HH?

It's always risky giving an opinion on a 5 min clip, but the boy looks a player, plays on the right with a left foot that's a bit special, is the boy a natural right back TV1, or does he prefer a more forward position? I think I'll check out his background to see what I can find out.

If you look at Rogers comments after the game tonight, this deal has nothing to do with him. “We have a million wingers, he will be loaned out.”

Lawell all over this. It seems to me reading it that he is not what the manager wants.

If the boy reads the comments I think he might think twice about coming if he is to play no part this season.

Enjoyed the game tonight, went with my boy and thought big Burke had a good game as did Sinclair, great to see both Burke and Weah among the goals, we could have scored 8.

If we were to announce that we were signing a young Ukrainian international winger on a pre contract to join us in the summer would there be the furore in Celtic cyberspace that we have after BRs comments last night? For me, a player who has been scouted has become available at a (what they think is a) bargain €2m but only if we sign him in this window. It’s a no brainer. Sign him, come the summer Forrest and Johnston may be the only wingers we have left.
Who signs the players? To me it’s a mixture. BR will be specific if he wants a particular player or a particular position filled, but will also be happy if young talented players are brought in for him to work with. He will ultimately have the final say and I think last night’s comments, coupled with his comments a couple of days ago about not wanting to stockpile players, is frustration at not getting the Right Back he, and all of us, want.

We clearly have the best defence in Scotland but one which is not good enough for Europe. Our problems in the league is that we can't break down 11 man defences. So it seems to me that BR is focussing on winning the league by putting out an attacking force that can unlock the bus. BR knows what he's doing - the signing of Shved is a positive one which will bring some healthy competition for Jamesy.
Quick google suggests this guy has been plagued by knee problems for the last 5 seasons or so Over 300 days lost to this problem including 112 for surgery

Biton 2

HH?

If you look at Rogers comments after the game tonight, this deal has nothing to do with him. “We have a million wingers, he will be loaned out.”

Lawell all over this. It seems to me reading it that he is not what the manager wants.

If the boy reads the comments I think he might think twice about coming if he is to play no part this season.

Enjoyed the game tonight, went with my boy and thought big Burke had a good game as did Sinclair, great to see both Burke and Weah among the goals, we could have scored 8.

In fairness most games we could have scored 8 Just finishing off and taking our chances would blow opposition away

HH?

If we were to announce that we were signing a young Ukrainian international winger on a pre contract to join us in the summer would there be the furore in Celtic cyberspace that we have after BRs comments last night? For me, a player who has been scouted has become available at a (what they think is a) bargain €2m but only if we sign him in this window. It’s a no brainer. Sign him, come the summer Forrest and Johnston may be the only wingers we have left.
Who signs the players? To me it’s a mixture. BR will be specific if he wants a particular player or a particular position filled, but will also be happy if young talented players are brought in for him to work with. He will ultimately have the final say and I think last night’s comments, coupled with his comments a couple of days ago about not wanting to stockpile players, is frustration at not getting the Right Back he, and all of us, want.

I want us to sign him, no question, its just clear that by him saying, “we have millions of wingers” he feels it’s not a priority. And just might be showing a sense of frustration that the players he thinks we need should be addressed first. He then went on to say he probably wouldn’t play a part in 8iar and be loaned out, is rather telling, for me at least.

I think the boy looks really good, but I would agree that our priority is defenders. Scouts do find players, but, I was under the impression Rogers had the final say, to say you already had millions of a type of player doesn’t suggest it was his choice. If the board are saying there is only so much money, then using some of that for future possible return, rather than spending it on what he thinks he needs, would rightly piss him off. If they back him on what he sees as vital, then all well and good. My fear and I’m sure I am not alone, is that they don’t.

I have a feeling if we sign him, he will show he has the ability to keep him around, having a talented winger puts pressure on current players to play well. Still doesn’t change the fact that it’s not Rogers choice. That’s absolutely clear from his statement.

We have Forrest and Sinclair as our first choice wingers with Johnston as third in line. Morgan and Hayes are out of the loop, Morgan going out on loan and Hayes will either be leaving or being a back up left back to Izzy until KT is fit. Sinclair will possibly go in the summer as he has one year left on his contract. I would bring Shved in right away as back up to Forrest but understand that with Burke, Weah and even Edouard all more than capable playing out wide it may be better if he goes out on loan until the summer.
The manager is venting frustration that he still hasn’t got a right back. He thought he had one in the summer but our esteemed CEO fecked up the negotiation and the manager went in the huff and didn’t look at anyone else. It looks like Groundhog Day this window.

Being linked in Poland to young Lech Poznan right back Robert Gumny, €5m quoted.
The obligatory YouTube video looks good. A right back who can cross the ball!

Back