Transfer Rumours

I am reading again this morning that McKenna is our TOP target. Jesus wept, I reckon he would be overpriced at £500k and is just another waste of a jersey in waiting. Is this Congerton again??? I hope Aston Villa get busy.
I also saw yesterday a plea for us to bring a 'homesick' Johnny Russel back to Scotland. What the hell are these people smoking? McKenna is a carthorse and Russell can go to Dundee where he will find his level.

I am reading again this morning that McKenna is our TOP target. Jesus wept, I reckon he would be overpriced at £500k and is just another waste of a jersey in waiting. Is this Congerton again??? I hope Aston Villa get busy.
I also saw yesterday a plea for us to bring a 'homesick' Johnny Russel back to Scotland. What the hell are these people smoking? McKenna is a carthorse and Russell can go to Dundee where he will find his level.

We are seemingly after a Mexican CH, 21 and by the the account of the story really good. Let’s hope we get him instead. Will cost less and hopefully a better player too.

Last edited:
McKenna has the attributes to be a very good centre half. First and foremost he is a good defender, is quick and is naturally left sided (something no Celtic CH is). On the ball he is better than he is given the chance to show at Aberdeen, his Scotland performances have shown that. Brendan Rodgers has said in the past that he wants to have a core of Scottish players in his team, and to date he has done that.
McKenna is the best Scottish CH available, the manager obviously likes him, sees the potential to develop him further and if he is affordable then we should back the manager and sign him. And he’s left sided.

Look at Mckenna, then look at Benkovic, he's the standard of player we need. Yes, he's out of our price range but nonetheless that's the type of young player we should be sourcing. Thank fuck Congerton is out of the decision making apparently.
HH?

Once players reach the age of 21 - 22 they have had an opportunity to attract the attention of some big spending clubs. I fear our future is in recruiting players 20 years and under.

Look at Mckenna, then look at Benkovic, he's the standard of player we need. Yes, he's out of our price range but nonetheless that's the type of young player we should be sourcing. Thank fuck Congerton is out of the decision making apparently.
HH?
When you have had a Benkovic and a VVD you start to ponder what the reason behind Hendry is and for that thought i think there is something in Hendry that BR considers can be developed, if it is one of his young choices that is.

I genuinely believe that Benkovic will be at Leicester 1 year then move for mega bucks.... we need to look at that Eastern European market for players and not be increasing the value of other teams players on loan. We need a network of ex Celtic scouts who know the pressures of being at our great club that can look at potential players personalities etc to see if they can handle the pressure of having to win every game.

As an aside.... get congerton to fuck ASAP because if the best he can do is find players like Hendry and mackenna from very our own fucking league then hes needing a severe kick in the baws

McKenna has the attributes to be a very good centre half. First and foremost he is a good defender, is quick and is naturally left sided (something no Celtic CH is). On the ball he is better than he is given the chance to show at Aberdeen, his Scotland performances have shown that. Brendan Rodgers has said in the past that he wants to have a core of Scottish players in his team, and to date he has done that.
McKenna is the best Scottish CH available, the manager obviously likes him, sees the potential to develop him further and if he is affordable then we should back the manager and sign him. And he’s left sided.
Don't agree Gary. Was not Jack Hendry the last 'best' Centre Half in Scottish football again with all the attributes??? I am also not a subscriber to the idea of ....'In Brendan we trust' particularly after his chase for Hendry or Commper.

I genuinely believe that Benkovic will be at Leicester 1 year then move for mega bucks.... we need to look at that Eastern European market for players and not be increasing the value of other teams players on loan. We need a network of ex Celtic scouts who know the pressures of being at our great club that can look at potential players personalities etc to see if they can handle the pressure of having to win every game.

As an aside.... get congerton to fuck ASAP because if the best he can do is find players like Hendry and mackenna from very our own fucking league then hes needing a severe kick in the baws
Not to mention Commper................................ wish I hadn't

Members online

Latest posts

Back