transfer window

So what do we need player wise this summer... I know there is many variables at play still, but as our squad sits what do we need to be a competitive unit in the 🆑??

For me we need another CB, left back and Goalkeeper...

Defo a CDM with a bit of bite and a more reliable back up for Kyogo,, (OH still to prove it imho)..

Now thats all before the Aussie grifter comes back waving his Kane dollars...

Whats your thoughts, is the golfer going to back his man or are we being played on the recruitment stories...

Even if it ain't the snake the new guy will surely be looking for the same backing I would imagine..
Yip - I'd agree with that. So obviously it looks like our first signing will be a young foreign midfield prospect. Now that might be a pre-emptive signing to replace Turnbull, O'Riley or even Hatate (nnnnnnnooooo!!!!!) or cover for Mooy who may be struggling for injury.

But it certainly has all the hallmarks of a Peter "Director of Football - honest" Lawwell signing about it.

I think we might see a few players leave now that Ange has buggered off. But a striker, CB, LB & an imposing CDM would be my priorities.

If it is Rodgers
then we need a manager , a coach,a bibs and cones guy , a few physios , some sports science guys :unsure: and quite a few others that the knt stole the last time

Harts being hunted out so Kelleher from Liverpool is rumoured to be his replacement

What we need will obviously depend on who's leaving. I think they'll be at least 4 from the usual match day squad when everyone is fit who will leave. Who will that be? Who knows, especially the press. Will Brendan charm/bs* ,delete where appropriate, some of those younger players who are rumoured to want away (eg Abada, O'Riley) into staying another season? His record at improving players he inherits is a major strength and if you're 21-22 years old another season could put you in a stronger position for big move next summer.
If there were no major departures then the squad needs improved, particularly in the defence. We need a back up RB (young Johnston of Motherwell would be a great signing) to AJ, a LB to challenge Taylor and another young back up CH. Assuming Iwata signing is a done deal then probably one more midfielder (especially if rumours of Mooy retiring are true). Up front I'd promote Vata for Forrest and go again with what we have. Oh will be a big player for us, even if Kyogo stays. I would also hope the new manager sees Haksabanovic as an attacking midfielder rather than a winger, he has looked so much better on the few occasions he has played there than he has on the wing, especially the right wing.
Any first team player who is transferred should be directly replaced with equal of higher quality. We have the money and we have the lure of CL. No more Shved, Bayo, or the procession of useless loan signings that we got under Rodgers and Lennon 2nd time.

If it is Rodgers
then we need a manager , a coach,a bibs and cones guy , a few physios , some sports science guys :unsure: and quite a few others that the knt stole the last time

Harts being hunted out so Kelleher from Liverpool is rumoured to be his replacement
I thought Rodgers may have went back for Danny Ward, the Leicester keeper. Current Wales international, Rodgers had him at Liverpool and Leicester. Had a good spell at Aberdeen a few years ago.

We need a strong midfielder to back up Calmac ,He is taking more and more punishment and being the man He is plays through injury and we need someone to take the pressure off, as has been said we need to see who goes first no doubt offers will be made for players and Big money talks its a wait and see situation hopefully we will keep them all but being realalistic can’t see it

Last edited:
I thought Rodgers may have went back for Danny Ward, the Leicester keeper. Current Wales international, Rodgers had him at Liverpool and Leicester. Had a good spell at Aberdeen a few years ago.
Danny Ward was fantastic at Aberdeen. My sheepie supporting fans were in uproar when Klopp recalled him to Anfield and then prmptly ignored him. Having said that he was terrible last season for Leicester so I wouldn't be trying too hard for him.

Maybe Kasper Schmeichel might want more trophies in a final swansong back in Scotland (was it Falkirk he enjoyed a successful loan spell at as a teenager?) for a couple of seasons? He is a strong character similar to Hart and was a massive loss to the Leicester dressing room.

Possibly the Liverpool reserve goalie is a better shout but he won't come cheap. But a brilliant goalie wins big matches so are worth it if you can afford it.

We need a strong midfielder to back up Calmac ,He is taking more and more punishment and being the man He is plays through injury and we need someone to take the pressure off, as has been said we need to see who is goes first no doubt offers will be made for players and Big money talks it’s a wait and see its a wait and see situation hopefully we will keep them all but being realalistic can’t see it
CalMac celebrates his 30th birthday today so he is not a spring chicken any more. As most of us know, it takes slightly longer for the body to recover as you get older so the huge number of high intensity matches he's played in for season after season will take it's toll on him physically at some point.

I want a big, solid CDM (an Auld/Hay/Wanyama type - but admittedly you don't get many of this quality in our price range) to share the burden and to impose us more in some of the more physical domestic battles we get here. We have missed that physical presence since Broony left.

What we need will obviously depend on who's leaving. I think they'll be at least 4 from the usual match day squad when everyone is fit who will leave. Who will that be? Who knows, especially the press. Will Brendan charm/bs* ,delete where appropriate, some of those younger players who are rumoured to want away (eg Abada, O'Riley) into staying another season? His record at improving players he inherits is a major strength and if you're 21-22 years old another season could put you in a stronger position for big move next summer.
If there were no major departures then the squad needs improved, particularly in the defence. We need a back up RB (young Johnston of Motherwell would be a great signing) to AJ, a LB to challenge Taylor and another young back up CH. Assuming Iwata signing is a done deal then probably one more midfielder (especially if rumours of Mooy retiring are true). Up front I'd promote Vata for Forrest and go again with what we have. Oh will be a big player for us, even if Kyogo stays. I would also hope the new manager sees Haksabanovic as an attacking midfielder rather than a winger, he has looked so much better on the few occasions he has played there than he has on the wing, especially the right wing.
Any first team player who is transferred should be directly replaced with equal of higher quality. We have the money and we have the lure of CL. No more Shved, Bayo, or the procession of useless loan signings that we got under Rodgers and Lennon 2nd time.
Don't think this will be a popular opinion but I've still to be convinced by Haksabanovic. Scored a few good goals but too many times. he just hasn't got involved in games for my liking . I know he's got the ability but I just don't know if he wants it enough. I'd like to see a bit more hunger. HH

Don't think this will be a popular opinion but I've still to be convinced by Haksabanovic. Scored a few good goals but too many times. he just hasn't got involved in games for my liking . I know he's got the ability but I just don't know if he wants it enough. I'd like to see a bit more hunger. HH
Was good pre World Cup when he won player of the month but didn't do much post World Cup. Injured for a while he never regained his place and sticking him wide right was a waste of time. His preferred position is through the middle, behind the striker. We'll find out this coming season if he's good enough longer term

Yip - I'd agree with that. So obviously it looks like our first signing will be a young foreign midfield prospect. Now that might be a pre-emptive signing to replace Turnbull, O'Riley or even Hatate (nnnnnnnooooo!!!!!) or cover for Mooy who may be struggling for injury.

But it certainly has all the hallmarks of a Peter "Director of Football - honest" Lawwell signing about it.

I think we might see a few players leave now that Ange has buggered off. But a striker, CB, LB & an imposing CDM would be my priorities.

Yep!

One or two are for the off methinks…..and I also believe Odin was in the pipeline before Ange left the building…..forward planning?…

We need a strong midfielder to back up Calmac ,He is taking more and more punishment and being the man He is plays through injury and we need someone to take the pressure off, as has been said we need to see who goes first no doubt offers will be made for players and Big money talks its a wait and see situation hopefully we will keep them all but being realalistic can’t see it

Fear not…..The god of war is about to enter the building…

Don't know anything about the lad but one little thing for me is, that Ronnie Delia was not interested. When with us he identified and wanted Odegard as a very young lad and tried to sign him for us. Real Madrid beat him to the punch. You would expect him to have the inside track on the lad.

Cannie even bring myself to think about signings with all this Rodgers return skullduggery going on.
Then we can all look forward to loans and mare loans and maybe a few overpriced prima Donna's ....awe the money we've got in the bank will be wasted ...I mean er spent on funding one individuals ego.

I'd start with a goalkeeper, i like Hart but he's done
Then it depends on the system

Happy with LB/RB, Taylor excelled under Ange system, AJ looks a real player.
there's more to come from Bernabei and Ralston decent cover.
Bernabei i see further forward.
I'd rather we shot our load at first team quality players, but if not, there's an argument for buying someone a bit more solid defensively on 1 or both flanks to fight GT/AJ
If we don't have CCV/Starman available we are very suspect through the middle so another CB.

Midfield it will be difficult to improve without paying unheard of fee's for our club.
If you were to put a value on Hatate and McGregor, you'd be lucky to afford anyone to walk into their slots.
O'Riley, i think he is hugely under-rated as a footballer. Can play deep or further forward, he's tidy round the box, rarely wastes possession, just needs to up his goals and assists. Fitness improved since Year 1 but i think he's too hard on himself. There was only one player in SPL who won possession in the opponents final third last year and that was KVV. I'd expect Kyogo/Maeda to be no 1 and considering O'Riley wasn't exactly an ever present, thats quite a useful feat.
As anybody who watches us will know, we need a spoiler for certain games throughout the season.

Wingers - Jota/Abada/Haksabanovic/Forrest/Vata
If they all stay, again it a lot of money to replace them.
Jota hopefully will improve under Rodgers, expect Hak to push on if fit and Abada has great stats and scores big goals for a wean.

Forwards - We've got our lump in Oh and i hope Kyogo stays. It would be interesting to get the snakes take on Maeda, faultless for effort but playing a possession based game, loses control too often. I see a gap there that needs filled.

It laregly depends on who stays. if they all do, i can't really see us paying the fee's required to improve the team further forward. So i expect it'll be tightening up/a goalkeeper and another forward.

Have we been linked to any Leicester City players yet? The CB Caglar Soyuncu is out of contract and I'd be happy to sign him up (I'd imagine his wages would be too high for us), but we are probably more likely to get 35 year old crock, Johnny Evans, to take the Kolo Toure role this time.

This making up clickbait transfer rumours is a piece of piss!

Latest posts

Back